Sign in to follow this  
YourStepDad

So I've been just blown to pieces...

I had no equipment and headed trough the mountains, then after 15 minutes or so(indeed quite long) of searching for a settlement, i have finally found a road and soon after a medium sized village. I have never seen it before, it was on a little hill, so to speak. I have started sneaking towards a very small open building that was in the town but one of the zombies spotted me, so I stood up and started running there.

I have entered the very small barn-like building and waited for the zombies to come in, there was 7 - 8 of them in total. When they all got in and I headed towards the other exist to lose them - BOOM!

Ahuge explosion, killing all the zeds and myself, and leaving the barn without a roof.

Why do you think that happened? Was someone trying to help me by killing the zeds? Was someone just trying to kill me? Was it a bug?

The village seemed pretty secluded, and I doubt anyone would camp there, let alone use a rocket launcher/grenade on me.

Edited by YourStepDad

Sounds like a grenade. You'd be surprised where you find other players. Just when you start to think your alone "pop", ur dead. Although it sounds like a bit of a waste of a grenade but who knows?

Edited by Fraggle

Actually it sounds like a satchel bomb. They are in the game and they do destroy buildings.

Oh yeh, I forgot about those. Probably more likely.

Interesting. Yeah, I too thought it was a wasted grenade.

Oh well. We'll never know :)

Could it be a hacker?

Why not? Lets face the facts, the servers are full of them. They do crazy stuff such as drop cows on people, I do not see why this is something they couldn't do.

It is very unlikely, I am only considering it as a possibility.

Today I've also saw a barn blow to pieces...and 3 buildings next to it.

It was on a Russian server and there were constant explosions, the smoke would not go away.

I closed in but logged out afterwards, so I couldn't see was there someone nearby actually doing that stuff. didn't want to take any chances.

I once watched a hacker level every building in Elektro. That was... interesting.

We were victims to a satchel charge the other day. Friend got shot in camp as he was looking through the back of one of our trucks, other people come to his aid as they close in on his body the body suddenly explodes killing 1 more person and taking a few cars with it. The only explanation we have is a satchel charge on the body. Was awesome though.