Sign in to follow this  
broken

stuck on loading forever

When i try to join my sever its stuck on the black screen with loading... for pretty much ever this also happens to about 50% of the severs i join. Looking for help =/ pretty much sucks

Hadn't happened to me until tonight. I think it has to do with the 30,000+ new users in the past 24 hours. The servers must be getting crushed.

Hadn't happened to me until tonight. I think it has to do with the 30,000+ new users in the past 24 hours. The servers must be getting crushed.

Only issue I have with this theory is I see plenty of servers with open slots. In fact I have seen some servers at less then half capacity; while some may be full or near full there is still plenty of potential room to be had. I just cant connect...

yeah im getting stuck regardless of sever pop like a sever with 2/50 never goes threw while on anther sever like 58/60 ill logg in

I'm in the same situation - I haven't been able to play DayZ even once yet.

My scenario: Bought Arma II Combined Operations on Steam. Downloaded and installed Arma II. Ran Arma II once. Downloaded and installed Arma II Arrowhead. Ran Arma II Arrowhead once. Downloaded the SixLauncher/SixUpdater. When running both Steam and SixLauncher in admin mode, I can get to the lobby of any game that I join, I can see the other players and the ping to them. But when I click join, it loads (the screen with the splash image of a tank). When it's done, it switches to a black screen with the Loading text. And from there, nothing happens.

I'm in the same situation - I haven't been able to play DayZ even once yet.

My scenario: Bought Arma II Combined Operations on Steam. Downloaded and installed Arma II. Ran Arma II once. Downloaded and installed Arma II Arrowhead. Ran Arma II Arrowhead once. Downloaded the SixLauncher/SixUpdater. When running both Steam and SixLauncher in admin mode, I can get to the lobby of any game that I join, I can see the other players and the ping to them. But when I click join, it loads (the screen with the splash image of a tank). When it's done, it switches to a black screen with the Loading text. And from there, nothing happens.

Same that's happened to me. Just wait it out because ever since the summer sale started there has been so many new players. I've been playing for nearly 2 weeks now. It's worth the wait.

Oh and don't forget to run Arma II once. It's both of them that you have to run.

I finally managed to log in to one of the servers, yay!

Solution: Opened Arma II Arrowhead in Admin mode and joined a regular Arma II Arrowhead game. This updated the BattlEye client, which might have been making troubles behind the scenes. Afterwards, I closed it down, opened the Six Launcher normally, and I could get past the Loading screen. Hope this might help some of you with the same problem (although there are probably many different cases that produce this error).

Tried it, unfortunately didn't work. However I was able to get into a non Dayz server so I guess that narrows the issue down to being something pertaining to DayZ

I had several issues with Battleye while trying to install the mod and get it running.

I would join the server and then get stuck in a never-ending load screen. OR I would just get kicked from the server.

I fixed my issue by:

1. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead (this is with Windows 7)

2. check the expansions folder and see if there is a folder called 'BattlEye'

3. If it isn't there, go back to the main OA folder and open the 'BEsetup' folder

4. Run the 'Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA' program

This will manually install BE for OA, which steam had a hard time doing on its own.

Then, before you join a server, turn off any anti virus temporarily.

I know when my BattlEye tried to update, it failed because my Avast stopped the download.

Good luck! Any problems and I'll be glad to try and help.

Follow this guy's fix and you'll be on your way. If you just downloaded the game then battleye didn't install properly which is why you get stuck at that loading screen. I spent hours uninstalling and installing again for no success then I come here and find out the fix is this easy.

I tried downloading the battleye files from their site and replaced them now my game crashes every time I join a server. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling battleye and still crashes, how can I get this fixed :(

I have been having this precise problem, although only when using 1.7.2+ files. If I downgrade to 1.7.1.5 and join a server on an earlier version everything is fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Thank you for this post. I had been trying to get my DayZ Working all night and I could not find a way to get it to work...now I know the problem thank you

I tried downloading the battleye files from their site and replaced them now my game crashes every time I join a server. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling battleye and still crashes, how can I get this fixed :(

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32290-arma-2-oa-has-stopped-working-crash-to-desktop-fixed/

i get "wait for host" stays like that for a good 20 minutes before i try another server, havent got any luck , havent even played dayz yet, so many errors and bugs, now im stuck on the "waiting for host"

i get "wait for host" stays like that for a good 20 minutes before i try another server, havent got any luck , havent even played dayz yet, so many errors and bugs, now im stuck on the "waiting for host"

PM me your Skype and I will help you through this. It's complicated.. But I've pretty much nailed it down on what do do. A bit of a lengthy process.

This partially worked for me aswell. Now i seem to get to char creation and all than, but im still stuck at the loading screen like 90% of the time.

This partially worked for me aswell. Now i seem to get to char creation and all than, but im still stuck at the loading screen like 90% of the time.

90% of the time? Are you saying you are able to get in? If so, that 90% of the time you're stuck at loading is just DayZ being DayZ.

i could not play on any servers using latest arma2 beta patch 94945

i downloaded the previous beta2 patch 94876 and it worked instantly