Sign in to follow this  
TrajanP

Melee/Guesome Deaths/Enterable Buildings

Now, hear me out before you do a witch-hunt for the melee.

Melee MUST be implemented. But here's the thing. Don't implement it in such a way that it's really effective in any situation other than killing maybe one zombies by itself.

Arguments:

1) Currently if you run out of ammo, there is NOTHING you can do. Even against one zombie. This is supposed to be semi-realistic... you should be able to melee, and at least have a CHANCE to defend yourself against one zed.

2) Sneaking into towns.. when you have to kill you have to kill. But make it so you can at least silently kill a zed... maybe a single one with a surprise attack.

As of right now wtihout ammo, you're just running forever. They don't stop. So it gets semi-rediculuis... almsot laughable.

Implementation:

Make melee kind of suck. In reality it would anyhow, against a thrashhing thing coming at your throat. In real life ap erson can only swing an axe so fast and effectively.. really, it's either you hit the first time or you're getting mauled. Make it slow, and make it basically like a perfect hit chance to get it. If you hit the perfect spot.. you win, Zed's dead baby. If not, then you're getting mauled. And because they have quicker attacks.. and if there were more than one, it's game over.

Melee should be in the game.. it just should be done correctly so it doesn't become a bunch of samurais wandering around. In reality, this is a VERY easy implementation providing the animations and such can be done.

In real life, if you think about it, a lot of items melee wise would be pretty useless against a fast moving zombie. So just think of it like that and make it like that. Machete's do little damage but if you're lucky you can get it. Axe's are slow.. sledgehammers are slow.. bats would be decent enough to kill maybe 2 if you're lucky but when you swing one way you always have to bring the bat back up and by that time you're getting swarmed.

Anyhow... for number 2... maybe it so zombies can eat/grab you.. make also your death similar to this

I havent died a lot so maybe it IS like that. But if my death was like that.. that's what I'm looking for. I want to completely fear it. Dismemberment might be impossible due to engine constraints but... make it violent. Make me NOT want to die more than I already dont want to die (something you guys already do DAMN well)

really, i love this fucking mod. It's my favorite game ... period. I'm not even kidding.

For number 3.. not sure how possible it is it's just most buildings are just like static... it'd be cool if you could go into more of them. Thats all.

Very good suggestion. Having melee be close to useless is the only way I'd want to see it implemented. I know melee will be hard to implement, and there is much more important things that need to be done first, but for the finished product I'd like to see something like this added in.

Who knows, maybe ARMA III will include some sort of melee, making this much easier for mods.

I wonder...

Considering there are a handful of guns with flashlights attached, how difficult would it be to instead have some variants with bayonets. You can press F to change the fire select to "bayonet" and firing it activates a script which basically does a very short range, silent shot and plays a stabbing animation.

I wonder...

Considering there are a handful of guns with flashlights attached' date=' how difficult would it be to instead have some variants with bayonets. You can press F to change the fire select to "bayonet" and firing it activates a script which basically does a very short range, silent shot and plays a stabbing animation.

[/quote']

This sounds like a feasible idea.