Sign in to follow this  
ZeroX1986

suggestion on pve coop

NPC TOWN WITH MILITARY GUARDS

-npc gaurds to protect against player killing while in town

-market system to trade items/weapons/food

-currency system (zombie brain samples for cure used as currency)

Suggesting this because would be nice to see atleast some form of humanity surviving during post dayz.

Edited by ZeroX1986

I don't really want to ever see any other AI then zombies in the game. I want everything to be in the hands of the players, everything is driven and created by the player. I know theres some guys that tried/are making trade posts. I just hope that in future updates we will get more structures to protect or conceal our camps witih.

I agree that would be awesome to have player trade posts, do you know of any servers that run like that?

Some sort of base would be awesome. What happens when all is in playerhands is obvious atm, so, some sort of AI-controlled neutral base would be fun.

That way players could trade, chat, relax a bit and plan on what to do next.

For additional depth, players could help or hinder the base.

Help by providing weapons, ammo, food and equipment to the defenders, hinder by stealing stuff or killing guards and the like.

I hear Freeside Trading used to do trading. I don't know if they still do.

But this is a survival mod. Why would there by AI tradeposts where you can go and live with relative safety? That would defeat the purpose of the mod, to be a sandbox survival mod.

Player-created content, please, not artifical AI bunkers complete with handholding.

It's not happening, rocket said it himself, plenty of games do this well, why should this mod do more of the same?

Still do, will be this weekend as well :)

But this is a DEATHMATCH mod. Why would there by AI tradeposts where you can go and live with relative safety? That would defeat the purpose of the mod, to be a sandbox survival mod.

Player-created content, please, not artifical AI bunkers complete with handholding.

I fixed your error

It's not happening, rocket said it himself, plenty of games do this well, why should this mod do more of the same?

Right now as far as I have played it doesn't do too much that ARMA 2 didn't do already.I mean with the exception of food drink etc most FPS's do the Deathmatch thing so I don't see much difference.

Society would be completely nonexistent so long as the outbreak was still ongoing.

Also, stop suggesting npc camps, they're not going to happen.

But this is a survival mod. Why would there by AI tradeposts where you can go and live with relative safety? That would defeat the purpose of the mod, to be a sandbox survival mod.

Yes, we still do. In fact, come to Devil's Castle all this weekend at UTC 2000-2400 if you have something to barter with!

Anyway, no. Two reasons:

1) AI more complicated than the zombie scripts are technically impossible to implement without causing massive server load. The engine is already being pushed to the limit with 500 zombies, 50 players, and massive down/upload data movement. Additional AI with traditional soldier programming would practically crash the game (this is Rocket's explanation TO THE LAST TIME THIS WAS SUGGESTED)

2) No. There is no safe place, there is no PvE. This world is a sandbox that Rocket designs and we, the players, determine what's in it. We want safezones? We build them. We want to have PvP tournaments? We organize it (Freeside is doing a Battle Royale this Sunday). Want to stop bandits from shooting noobs? Organize a posse and stop them yourselves. There will NEVER be any mechanic put into the game that simulates what players themselves can do.

Edited by thorgold

Yes, we still do. In fact, come to Devil's Castle all this weekend at UTC 2000-2400 if you have something to barter with!

Anyway, no. Two reasons:

1) AI more complicated than the zombie scripts are technically impossible to implement without causing massive server load. The engine is already being pushed to the limit with 500 zombies, 50 players, and massive down/upload data movement. Additional AI with traditional soldier programming would practically crash the game (this is Rocket's explanation TO THE LAST TIME THIS WAS SUGGESTED)

2) No. There is no safe place, there is no PvE. This world is a sandbox that Rocket designs and we, the players, determine what's in it. We want safezones? We build them. We want to have PvP tournaments? We organize it (Freeside is doing a Battle Royale this Sunday). Want to stop bandits from shooting noobs? Organize a posse and stop them yourselves. There will NEVER be any mechanic put into the game that simulates what players themselves can do.

While you are right We all know that the majority will never implment anything or the sort as all the players want is a sandbox to have deathmatches in.

Never going to be safe spots, never going to be NPCs. Whether or not it is a good idea is irrelevant, it won't happen. Do EVERYTHING in my signature and THEN post things ;)