angle

Well. that sucked.

Due to everyone got reset to the beach I got killed by a gang of bandits as soon as I joined. And lost my M4A3 w/17 mags. Got to respawn in the same place and died less then a minute later. and then again and again and again.

This game is not fun anymore. I managed to get a AK74 Kobra at bolota but when i got back to cherno to shoot at the pricks i ended up in an advantageous position and they DC'd.

Well, that's just unlucky...

Um, yeah, I hate people DC'ing when they get into a bad situation. Yesterday at least three guys DC'd as soon as I shot at them. I hope we find a way to prevent his stuff happening constantly :)

Some dude try'd snipping me in NE airfield as I was picking some shit up earlier today. Luckily he was a bad shot. So I ran off to the side of the hanger and DCed. does that make me a bad person?

Yes, yes it does - and logging in combat is a breach of the rules, i'm wondering if it applies to you.

That does suck. I think more than one player has had the same issue.

My best defense against this, is not growing attached to anything. I don't have a goal to find NVG or a nice weapon, a Winchester does me fine.

Why? Why stress. The more "nice" things you have, the more you stress about being killed by a bandit.

Same goes for vehicles, its perhaps easier to stick with the mid-level equipment and enjoy the game.

Unfortunately, there are no rules in DayZ...only holes.

We can only wait until these holes are patched up

Some dude try'd snipping me in NE airfield as I was picking some shit up earlier today. Luckily he was a bad shot. So I ran off to the side of the hanger and DCed. does that make me a bad person?

Should have ran and tried to get him back, or just lost him in the forest.

A time limit on DCing would fix this, making it at least 15-30 seconds to DC from the server after closing off the program or aborting.

People that try to DC immediately will just leave there chars sitting there that way and still suffer the consequences.

I don't grow attached to anything. Give me a Winchester, a 1911, and an ALICE pack and I'm happy. Hell, we just had our Huey stolen from it's hiding place and I'm just eager to get together and get another one running.

Alpha my friends. All of your suggestions have been brought up in previous threads, we don't need to hear every persons whiny story about how they were killed due to a bug.

I have lost a couple of long term survivors, one by bandit that shot me in the back after I spawned in, I did try to avoid him and he took advantage even though I was better equipped than he was (obviously why he selected my character for extinction) by shooting me in the back. I was pretty pissed off at the time and logged out of the game to cool down. When I came back in with a refreshed attitude some miles down the road and a good bit lighter gear wise, I hit it lucky the guy had been eaten and I got my Kit back so I was well chuffed. I didn't immediately decide to go hunt any Bandit and execute them, I'm a survivor and I will try and avoid conflict where I can and only fight back when cornered by an enemy.

I now run with the most basic of Kit, Makarov, winchester with plenty of slugs and pellets and my Alice pack. I have lost kit lots of times now but it doesn't take long to get it all back.

My thoughts on bandits now, I don't care what they say I shoot them on site, no reasoning, no chit chat just down them and move on. Their little care for survivors lives is payed back ten fold, I get a hell of a lot more satisfaction in killing a Bandit than they do just killing some guy that's just spawned in with a can of beans and a water bottle, I get the satisfaction of knowing that they probably killed lots of survivors, spent more time around bases getting hardware and camping out on some hospital roof.

And for all the bandit twits that spout crap in the game chat about "I need help I'm wounded, need blood and will give you my MP5 or whatever if you help me I'm at XXXX location" were on to you, you may draw one sucker in, but when you go to get the loot from him just wait for the sonic crack as the sniper in my party makes a permanent parting in your skull.

Now moving in a LARGE group, you may only see a couple of us but there is 15 other guys at my back in the tree line.

Alpha my friends. All of your suggestions have been brought up in previous threads' date=' we don't need to hear every persons whiny story about how they were killed due to a bug.

[/quote']

What suggestions. I made no suggestions.

And just because its alpha I don't have to be happy about random duchebaggery. I fully understand what this is. I have played since there was less then 6 servers up. Spent weeks up north having fun with friends. Flown a helicopter, never once killed a survivor. (Ok when i just started playing a guy freaked me out and I put 20 rounds from my M249 in to him)

Just to be randomly instagibbed. If i have to make a suggestion it would be add more spawnpoints. And remove the ones in cherno/elektro. It to easy for those whom hate the fun of others.

And Tartantyco and SixPackAbs I'm sorry I put a gun to your head and forced you to read this and on top of it all forced you to make snide remarks. I'm still a bit mentally unstable after i threw a small hissy fit some years ago and have a tendency to boil over and need to vent a little. I hope I caused no permanent emotional damage. I understand now that it was selfish and destructive of me to waste precious kilobytes of the internets, but in my emotional state I could not exert the self control you might have expected of me.

Yours sincerely, .Robin

Welcome to Alpha. You may experience mild Alpha during the Alpha.

Damn, that might have to go in my signature.

They should implement it so you have to wait through 10 seconds of inactivity to DC.