Sign in to follow this  
Rhagen

DayZ Recording Using Xsplit Question.

Ok so I have streamed many games before using Xsplit, however DayZ im having some trouble with. Im running Windows 7, I got Xsplit premium with gamesource and I've noticed if I use gamesource i get horrendous fps lag (normally record games in windowed full screen). I've got a i7-2700k with 8gigs ram and a Gtx 570, doesnt seem like it should be given me any problems. Also if i run it using windowed mode (i used DayZ Commander with winodw options) I cant get rid of it properly.

My question is I see a lot of videos on youtube that are recorded fullscreen, how do people manage to pull this off? Also is there a way to make DayZ full screen windowed? Lastly how come when I use winodwed mode I can get rid of the top toolbar (one with filepath minimize/max/X button etc).

Specs again:

Arma2+Arma2OA DayZ Mod (Steam)

Windows 7

Xsplit Premium

i7-2700k

GTX 570

8 Gigs Ram

What to do?

What settings for FRAPS/ARMA do i need? And I have a 120g SSD. Also, the videos are more so bandit videos =p

You don't really need to set anything up. Just hit your Video Capture Hotkey while playing the game to start recording and and again to stop recording. One warning the files do get big. So I would suggest to record in 30 minute intervals to make the upload to youtube not take forever.

don't mind the troll

I have been testing ArmA2 with Xsplit today and I've found out that when I start ArmA2 before I start Xsplit I get huge FPS drop and one CPU core gets hogged while others are hardly in use.. but when I started Xsplit first and then ArmA2 after Xsplit was fully loaded I got only small FPS drop and CPU usage was nicely distributed between the CPU cores

would be nice to have somebody else try the same

Fraps records raw footage so you will need to encode it after

Edited by moriak

Fraps records raw footage so you will need to encode it after

Ooops I forgot about that. My Bad. :blush:

Thanks morlak, gonna reboot and try it out that way!

You are using the wrong program to record.

And you didn't list your HDD which is the most important for recording

We don't need anymore "lets play" videos, Thanks

Your processor is still shit

HDD means nothing, probably GPU is the most important

You don't have the right to speak for all of us

His processor is great compared to most people who play this.