phisher34

Ghillie suits are not fixed in 1.7.2.3 (Confirmed by multiple people)

What we have found is you will be able to change your clothing and run around just fine. However, your character will not save after logging in and out, you will be reverted back to your old spawn location with your old inventory and without camo/ghillie. Anything you do will not carry over.

Would love for other servers to test this.

Our server is running 1.7.2.3 and Beta Patch 94876.

We are an HFB server so there are probably hundreds with the same configuration.

EDIT: If you had the camo or ghillie in your inventory it will still be there, but you will log back in as a survivor, if though you stumble upon the camo and put it on, it will not save it to your inventory..

Edited by Phisher
  • Like 1

What we have found is you will be able to change your clothing and run around just fine. However, your character will not save after logging in and out, you will be reverted back to your old spawn location with your old inventory and without camo/ghillie. Anything you do will not carry over.

Would love for other servers to test this.

Our server is running 1.7.2.3 and Beta Patch 94876.

We are an HFB server so there are probably hundreds with the same configuration.

Just to clarify, multiple accounts did this test and waited ample time for the characters to save. When we ran around without any form of camo on, the location and inventory would save. We also did a few restarts and it has happened each time.

Edited by Phisher
  • Like 1

Tested.

Found the same thing you're talking about. Progress is not saved.

Another patch where you should not put on clothing.

Edited by Bramsey89

Same here progress not saved after weaing camo

Are you sure it's because of the Ghillie suit though. Last time there was an update this same thing happened to me. My progress didn't save and I kept reverting to the point I logged off before the update. Next day it was fixed. Sounds like the same thing... I'd wait till tomorrow and do more testing before this is confirmed. I've seen posts with people saying it's fixed.

We also noticed some odd issues where people in camo who had dropped gear would not be able to access it or pick up any other items on the ground. Backpacks were an exception.

Are you sure it's because of the Ghillie suit though. Last time there was an update this same thing happened to me. My progress didn't save and I kept reverting to the point I logged off before the update. Next day it was fixed. Sounds like the same thing... I'd wait till tomorrow and do more testing before this is confirmed. I've seen posts with people saying it's fixed.

The only difference on the multiple attempts was with and without camo.

Edited by Phisher

I've currently only been playing 1.7.1.5 and have a ghillie suit... I would be interested to know what would happen if I were to update to 1.7.2.3

Tested 5 servers with camo, 5 servers without camo.

All 5 servers where I put on camo progress was not saved.

All 5 servers where I didn't put on camo progress was saved.

People saying it's fixed are just people who hopped on a server, put on their clothes, and didn't see their items disappear so they post that it's fixed.

Edited by Bramsey89

Yea it will save the camo or ghillie if you were holding onto it in your inventory before you put it on. If though you happen to find it and then put it on, it will not save.

Not seeing this.

I was playing 1.7.1.5 today and found a ghillie. Didn't put it on.

Logged on to 1.7.2.3, put on my ghillie, started moving. Then my connection dropped and I DC'ed from both the server and TS.

When I got back on (different server), I was close to where I DC'ed, around 800m from the point I put the ghillie on. I moved a bit further, then decided to log off for the day.

After reading this thread, I logged back on, and I was exactly where I logged off and where I expected to be.

Can't speak about the inventory issues, but it seemed my inventory was fine throught the whole test.

1.7.2.3 ... i installed beta94876, server got beta94945 in his name , dayz commander said server is on beta94878 (<- "8" ... looks like a bug ...)

have ghille on, process mostly saved, only the last 5sec. (played 1h) wasnt saved.

Edited by maNokl

How can I tell what beta I am running, Currently have a camo and Ghillie ready to wear, but not going to attempt to put them on now until confirmation is 100%

Does this have the same result with just regular camo? I prefer it over the Ghillie. Just curious

As far as I can tell all of them will cause issues. All of our guys had 94876, and the newer patch 94945 is causing the "waiting for host" bug.

Does this have the same result with just regular camo? I prefer it over the Ghillie. Just curious

Yep both camo and ghillie.

x/post from Reddit.

If you die, it will start a new character. You will not be able to access your old gear or location.

Tested 5 servers with camo, 5 servers without camo.

All 5 servers where I put on camo progress was not saved.

All 5 servers where I didn't put on camo progress was saved.

People saying it's fixed are just people who hopped on a server, put on their clothes, and didn't see their items disappear so they post that it's fixed.

I have a temporary fix idea. From what I understand when you wear the ghillie it has syncing issues. Can someone test putting on the ghillie, playing for a while and before logging out at different intervals switch back to civ clothing. if the syncing is related directly to the clothing this may be a temporary fix.

Edited by Atal'ai

I found a Ghillie 2 days ago and I put it on 2 hours ago.

I logged out and back in several times, my progress wasn't deleted, I was right where I disconnected every time.

There was no bug at all, so it works fine :)

I have the version 94876, and I played on several different servers.

Edited by Kiro

So there is definitely an issue with some servers. I know ours is with HFB which hosts hundreds of the DayZ servers, we also test on multiple servers with the same results.

OK..

First camo wear... didnt save>

Second camo wear saved..

then i got killed and i respawned as a guy that died ~2 days ago!!