Sign in to follow this  
Soujyo

Server runing Incorrect version. 1.7.2.3

Alright so I have the steam version of Arma CO (both arma and CO from steam), I've re-installed twice, I've done all the battleye steps (tried with and with out anti virus), used every beta patch known to man for arma (old ones to the newest 1.61 ones), and tried every patch for DayZ since 1.7.2 went live (all the test patches like 1.7.2.1 and 2.2) and since 1.7.2 I have had the loading screen bug where you can't get past it.

Now that 1.7.2.3 has released every server that is up to date with that patch I get the message: This server is running an incorrect version of dayz please contact the admin....

From my research this means either, the server really is using the wrong version (in this case I know that to be false because I uploaded the exact dayz files from my folder to my own server), or my character / database info has become corrupt, or the hive is messed up. Seeing as how there are packed full servers with this patch and people chatting away on them playing, I'm thinking the hive is working just fine.

So can any one help me out here? I have tried pretty much every possible solution to fix this on my end and can't seem to be able to, is my character data corrupt (I care not if I have to start over) Do I need to list my player id here to possibly get it fixed?

Things I've tried:

• Reinstalling Arma2 & CO (Runing in admin)
  • Using every beta patch from 93701 to 94945 - as well as Dayz 1.7.1 through 1.7.2.3 (With admin turned on while patching)
  • Reinstalling Battleye (double checking it was in the beta folder as well of CO)
  • Using the beta launcher for Arma CO and instead of steam (Using the proper launch parameters), Using 6-launcher
  • Deleting the my documents / arma 2 CO profile for myself
  • Using every variant on my own server to test matching my exact files
  • Joing several dozens of servers from various regions, including some testing servers that were posted for 1.7.2.2 (to which I had some success connecting for 1 night)
  • Turning my anti-virus on and off to ensure it wasn't blocking something.

Any help would be appreciated, I've dug into this forum more than I'd like to trying to find a fix and have failed horribly lol, so I figured it was time to post.

Thanks in advance guys.

I can join servers and run about but ther is no sound,debud monitor,zombies,loots spots and a message in the middle of the screen saying that the server is running 1.7.2.3 and Iam running 1.7.1.5...I have downloaded the new patch 3 times now

Well now I've really tried everything I can think of, I got the latest patch off six launcher and uploaded those files directly to my server and still getting the message that the server is runing an incorrect version of the dayz mod and I should "contact the dayz staff".

I'm not exactly sure how one goes about contacting their staff aside from the forums here, any one have any ideas?

Roll your beta back to 94876 and stop using 6 launcher.

If you'd kindly look at the top of the post I've tried that, and many other aspects and while I don't like to use 6 launcher it has worked for me in the past when other methods failed to do so. (I'm fully capable of installing and running the game w/out the use of it, however in an attempt to fix a clearly broken patch I covered all bases).

system specs?

• Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
  • Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
  • System Manufacturer: MSI
  • System Model: MS-7522
  • Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
  • Memory: 6144MB RAM
    Graphics
  • DirectX Version: DirectX 11
  • Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
  • Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  • Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6898)
  • Display Memory: 3824 MB
  • Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB
  • Shared Memory: 2811 MB
  • Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  • Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
  • Output Type: HD15
  • Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1132 (English)
  • Driver Version: 8.980.0.0
  • Driver Date/Size: 6/11/2012 10:23:12, 1090560 bytes

Still no luck here, tried a few more things like starting a new profile just to see if that did anything, but no luck so far. I really have no idea what else to do, I don't think this is something on my end that is borked (as I was able to play 1.7.1.5 with out issue). Any of you guys had any luck fixing it?

Friendly daily bump, still looking for a fix, and have not been able to join well over 100 different servers so I'm pretty confident this is not me or the servers having the "incorrect" version.

Mine says I have 1.6.1 and the server requires 1.6.1 but they're not compatible...