Sign in to follow this  
Thegoon84

High loot ship off the map

Let's make more places for ridiculous amounts of loot to spawn, accessible only by players advanced enough to have weaponry that render zombies moot threats!

I agree with Thorgold. DayZ is designed to be a survival simulator, not a MMORPG or Shooter. There is no "end" to the constant struggle of survival. If you're feeling bored with running around with a fully-geared clan, try going Spartan for a change. Ditch the clan, ditch the gear, rough it for a while. Also, DayZ is still in alpha, so just sitting in your well-fortified castle and flying around in your helicopter isn't helping debug the issues that a freshly spawned character will face. BUT, yes: being well-equipped is obviously a part of the game, and it is an aspect that should be played, so we thank you for having gone through the trouble of acquiring, maintaining, and testing the top-end gear and equipment.

I agree with Thorgold. DayZ is designed to be a survival simulator, not a MMORPG or Shooter. There is no "end" to the constant struggle of survival. If you're feeling bored with running around with a fully-geared clan, try going Spartan for a change. Ditch the clan, ditch the gear, rough it for a while. Also, DayZ is still in alpha, so just sitting in your well-fortified castle and flying around in your helicopter isn't helping debug the issues that a freshly spawned character will face. BUT, yes: being well-equipped is obviously a part of the game, and it is an aspect that should be played, so we thank you for having gone through the trouble of acquiring, maintaining, and testing the top-end gear and equipment.

Ok........

I've been playing this game for 1 month, i've managed to get my self a nice SD primary and SD secondary weapon, both have plenty of mags.

I've got GPS, NVG's, Range finders and Ghillie suit.....

I find my self a boat, i go to island which has a fresh water lake and sheep i can kill and cook...... 2 months i get bored!

I go to Cherno, i get shot....

I do PvP and start process again...... I'm bored.... any other games going?

Oh wait i can work with my friends and we can work together to get good stuff.... WoW my mates love this game which means i must make sure i'm better than them.... WOW THIS IS COOL....

How about stopping getting jealous of clans "farming" and "spoiling" the game and look beyond your own enjoyment and look at what the masses want, then come back and talk to me.

Edited by Thegoon84

The bandits are making me go off this game.

Do not get me wrong the game is amazing, the concept is amazing but spending hours upon hours finding your friends, loot shops and towns and then getting good stuff, and heading out to explore and getting killed by some scum online bandit..... Starting to turn me off the game because I do not want to play with them..

Been talking it over with my clan mates and they are well up for a hardcore raid section of the game!!!

If only there was some hardcore game content!

Yeah im liking the idea of this, would need to sort the whole zombies half walking in walls/door ways as it would ruin it if when you're fighting zombies and they keep half appearing in and out of walls, need to have dozens and dozens of zed's storming down tightly confined corridors while survivors fight back to back, trying to get to a room to hold out, or find a way out through the damaged hull back onto the boat.

To solve the whole clans farming it issue, have it like crashed choppers, 0-1 spawn on a server at a random time, announce it by having a large bang which can be heard along the nearest coast for a fair distance and have smoke clouding the horizon, from the damaged ships munitions cooking off or something which could be seen from afar as a large dirty grey smudge on the horizon (or lots of fires at sea if at night time)

Then have the ship spawn for a short period of time 1-2 hours or something, may seem like a long time, but as its random a clan/group of survivors would need to get to coast/find a boat/fuel the boat/get to ship/raid it and get off before it sinks, which would take a fair while, assuming they are on when they hear the bang/see the smoke of course.

And as its fixed loot like chopper spawns, after it had been raided once for the nice gear, the goods would be gone so wouldn't flood the game with high end gear as it would be limited, maybe use it to introduce a few more weapons? a few different versions of current guns maybe or something? would love to have an m203 launcher on its own without having the crappy m16 stuck to it.

As for the limited time, maybe when the boat is near sinking (damage done to it from internal fighting between military and infected) it would generate creaking/tortured metal sounds announcing to players they have only a short time to race for the safety of the boats, like a 2 minute gtfo or drown with the zeds situation.

Imagine, you and your guys get a boat, spend valuable time sneaking through the boat with torches on, searching room by room trying not to aggro the zombies who you can only see through flashing red lights which bathe the blood stained boat in an eerie strobe effect, muzzle flashes up and down the corridor fighting back to back with your guys, hoping to finish off the zombies before the ammo runs dry, getting nearer and nearer the comms tower/armoury/med bay/vehicle bay (spawns pbx boats?) only to hear the screams of the tortured metal hull crumpling and sinking, knowing that not only do you have to hold the zombies off that are bearing down on you, but you need to fight your way back out quickly or all of you will drown.

Where do i sign up?

• Like 1

As the title,

Why not put a military ship way off the island that you need a boat to get to in which is full of hardcore army zombies, you need a boat to get in and there is plenty of loot inside.... but only what you can carry!!!

Unless you have enough gear to get the heli going which is on the deck!!!!

NOW THAT IS END GAME CONTENT!!!!!

I say this as a clan leader of TFU (www.thefallenunit.co.uk) ..... We've got our own server and have managed to get a few vehicle's so its getting a little samey, its now got to the point where there needs to be a little more content that we as a clan can do or if some1 brave who finds a boat can go on. I'm pretty sure this could work for both lone wolf and big clans.

IDEA's:

* If an UN-silenced round was fired it would trigger a horde of zombies

* If a chopper attempted to land it would trigger a horde attack on it

* There would be a fixable chopper on the deck that could be used and done up to steal all the loot

* You can only take what you can carry (if you've not got the initial chopper spawn.

Just imagine going from room to room not knowing if it will be another clan or a single lone wolf ready to take you down... IT would be like a whole new instance!

Really hope rocket looks at this, things like this would make the game!

that's a great idea Goon but only one? more like two or three of them...
  • Like 1

I think this is a sick idea, when DayZ is a stand alone the environment should be packed full of variation.

But i do agree there needs to be a balance of activities and payoffs in the environment that suite large clans to small groups of friends to lone wolves.

• Like 1

Cheers guys!!!

As i've said previous, as a clan its getting a little boring now. We have our server with Multiplay (LOL) and due to them never being upto date with the patches our server is pretty empty most of the time. Which has lead to us farming and taking all the vehicles ... We dont want this, we want clan vs clan, dog on dog!

End game content for clans is what will save this game!!