wasrad

1.5.8 this weekend?

how can he be more specific>?

if he mentions any specific time then it will draw MORE ppl in, and thats exactly why hes NOT releasing it now cuz its peak time.

Respawns of zombies adjusted

New equipment interaction system from gear menu

Maybe more. Won't be patched now (its peak time' date=' 5.5k concurrent), once it dips down.

[/quote']

I'm worried about the zombie respawn adjustment, I hope it's just the respawn timer and the zombie count stays about the same.

I'm guessing drop-down menus for the inventory screen ? That would be sweet.

...and dogz, yes, we need DOGZ.

:D

Direct chat - Arma issue' date=' not dayz. Download latest beta if you want it to work for now :)

[/quote']

If I get the newest beta patch won't I only be able to play on servers using it? Which in this case is only like two...

You'll be able to play on any server with a version equal to or lower than the beta patch you installed, down to 1.60.xxxxx

Rocket, just wondering if you can be more specific about a patch time, ie when does the concurrent population dip down to something you feel is low enough to give the patch to server admins.

sweet. Would you be so kind as to direct me to the patch?

So is this gonna boot us all back to the coast and wipe out tents and stuff?

^No, I doubt it. Those were location resets at database level, not due to patching.

Direct chat - Arma issue' date=' not dayz. Download latest beta if you want it to work for now :)

[/quote']

If I get the newest beta patch won't I only be able to play on servers using it? Which in this case is only like two...

You'll be able to play on any server with a version equal to or lower than the beta patch you installed, down to 1.60.xxxxx

Rocket, just wondering if you can be more specific about a patch time, ie when does the concurrent population dip down to something you feel is low enough to give the patch to server admins.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Download the latest one :)

Respawns of zombies adjusted

New equipment interaction system from gear menu

Maybe more. Won't be patched now (its peak time' date=' 5.5k concurrent), once it dips down.

[/quote']

This is all I see:

funny_santa_claus_on_a_rocket_cartoon_invitation-p161922452672860577z7l4r_400.jpg

Santa's Rocket

[/quote']

92676 I presume? Thanks for the link! (P.S. I thought servers were on 1.61.92612??)

all the betas are backward-compatible, so it does not matter :)

Little disappointed there won't be a *small* nerf to zombie numbers since they're still usain bolt juggernauts at the moment, but I will gladly take the respawn change.

I was hoping for a small decrease in the amount of zombies as well, the performance boost that will give servers is a big enough reason IMO. It doesn't need to be the 1.5.6, just somewhere between 1.5.7 and 1.5.6 would be good enough.

Happy to hear about the (hopefully much) slower spawn times at least.

No1 is able to get past "Waiting for server response" atm anyway, so might as well patch now imo. xD

Kinda curious as to what new gear menu interactions could be available.

I can't think of anything off the top that's broken or can be added.

We shall see. :D

[/quote']

It seems to be asking for a username and password when I try to download the latest beta patch. Any ideas?

You'll be able to play on any server with a version equal to or lower than the beta patch you installed' date=' down to 1.60.xxxxx

[/quote']

It seems to be asking for a username and password when I try to download the latest beta patch. Any ideas?

funny, it won't even let me download it. I click the latest version button and it just continuously loads the page until it comes up blank or the page gets an error...

I don't mind the added zombies, but please have them stop spawning right in front of you.

I don't mind the added zombies' date=' but please have them stop spawning right in front of you.

[/quote']

I don't mind it either, in fact if they worked on the network code and balanced them a bit more.. I'd go as far as to say ADD MORE, EVERYWHERE, EVEN IN THE HILLS. LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED! >:3

Well either way I hope the amount of zombies that spawn in seriously small settlements is reduced a bit, and yeah, the spawn timer change is warranted.