Sign in to follow this  
QuickSkope

Multiple Character Tutorial

First of all, if this isnt ok for the forums, feel free to delete this right away.

Alright, so ive seen that people would like to have multiple Characters. There is a way to do this, though it does require a 12$ CD key found here (http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Arma-II-Operation-Arrowhead.html)

Once you have purchased your CD-Key from here, you will receive it in your email. Following the next few steps, you will be able to swap your CD key, and have a 2nd/3rd/ect Character.

Step 1): Download and install this CMD file: http://www.mediafire.com/?qeu4f15uxbueiz4

Step 2): Open the file, your Original CD key will be shown. Save it to a Text file to avoid losing it. I reccomend making a text file and having all your CD keys in it.

Step 3): Write your CD-Key without the "-" in between the letters. (ex: 45fdhdd46hyesdjh64f68gcx). You must NOT include "-" when typing it. Press enter. It will say your CD key has been changed Successfully. If not, go back to step 1.

Step 4) Verify that it has indeed changed. Open the file, and it will show you your active CD key, make sure that this is the CD-Key you want to play on.

NOTE FOR STEAM USERS! If you are booting Arma through Steam, you will be unable to boot it normally, as the Steam Bound CD-Key will be injected. To boot out of Steam, go into your Steamapps>Common>Opereration Arrowhead folder>Expansions>beta>arma2oa.exe to launch the Beta.In the event you receive some DX9 error, launch the Beta from there with the runArmaOA file in Steamapps>Common>Operation Arrowhead.

Feel free to ask any questions, Im at work but will make time :)

Virus Scan for the Proof: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/8e1247664a104cf307433b815067f658bdb8cc02/6d3d197ccfe0b347707080b0b1e5f0431d6d7481

I doubt that's legal. Also I won't pay money just to have a second char though I like the idea of playing with two characters.

Like when I'm playing with friends and when I'm playing alone.

I can only currently play with 1 character following the 1.7.2 update

I can only currently play with 1 character following the 1.7.2 update

Were you using this method before?

I doubt that's legal. Also I won't pay money just to have a second char though I like the idea of playing with two characters.

Like when I'm playing with friends and when I'm playing alone.

If it is not permitted by the Devs, then I will remove the tut and stop using it. The key word being that YOU wont pay money just to have a second character, which is totally cool, but I know that tons of people do. This is exactly why I have 2, one for squad, one for lone wolf :3.

Edited by QuickSkope

Would be kinda annoying if they did implement a method to counter this... share a computer with brother :P

AFAIK its not illegal to buy and use multiple copies of the same software...

Although it might be frowned upon

Ya, I too share a computer with my bro, and through this weve both been able to play :3. So im running my 2 accounts, and my bros.

It really is awesome, and I dunno why it would be illegal or even frowned upon. Anyway, good info for people to know :3