Cpt_Mojo

Stuck on Wait for host screen or loading screen.

I downloaded DayZ last night and I noticed that every time I joined a server i would get stuck on a black screen with a white bar that had the word loading on top of it. So I decided to wait for a new patch, So when 1.7.2.2 had been released I updated my six launcher and tried to join a server. When I did finally manage to get into a server i was met with a "Wait for Host" Screen, so I hit the Esc key and found my self on the in game server browser. So I clicked on one of the updated servers and joined. I was able to get past the "Wait for Host" but I again was stopped at the Loading screen. Is Anyone Else having this issue? Id love to hear peoples recommendations for how I can Fix this.

• Like 1

I have the exact same problem!.. I will spend some time try to fix it.. Comming back if i get it to work :)

You aren't alone. I just got the game yesterday as well; same problem. If a reinstall doesnt work, I will be seeking a refund with Steam - Not worth my hassle/time to deal with a game mod that's very poorly organized, and very poorly supported.

You aren't alone. I just got the game yesterday as well; same problem. If a reinstall doesnt work, I will be seeking a refund with Steam - Not worth my hassle/time to deal with a game mod that's very poorly organized, and very poorly supported.

retard detected

>Mod for a game

>Mod is in Alpha, says it all over the place

>expects full 100% complete mod

>wants refund

>claims mod isn't supported

>retard

Also, I'm experiencing the same issue. No worries though, it'll get patched soon enough. Keep finding them bugs =)

Edit/

This bug happens along when you install the latest beta patch, revert to 94876 here install the exe and it will overwrite the beta patch you have and **SHOULD** work. If not, post and we'll figure it out.

Edited by ihasashuvel
  • Like 5

The problem with the internet, is it gives morons a voice.

Remember... This is an Alpha. Its not a Beta and its not a released game. If you sign up to receive brand new and untested treatments for cancer... You are receiving bleeding edge and untested treatments for cancer.

I think it has to do with using arma 2 free, I have one computer on the steam of arma 2 and OA and the other on free arma 2 from steam and OA. On my arma 2 free, I get the stuck at host when using 1.61 but not using 1.60. But on my other computer with both games steam paid for it runs fine on 1.61.

retard detected

>Mod for a game

>Mod is in Alpha, says it all over the place

>expects full 100% complete mod

>wants refund

>claims mod isn't supported

>retard

Also, I'm experiencing the same issue. No worries though, it'll get patched soon enough. Keep finding them bugs =)

Edit/

This bug happens along when you install the latest beta patch, revert to 94876 here install the exe and it will overwrite the beta patch you have and **SHOULD** work. If not, post and we'll figure it out.

It's reassuring that you can at least play the game. Some of us can't get past a loading screen. That's a pretty large failure, if you ask me.

Same problem. It has worked for me before these patches (like a week ago I last played) and now it won't get past that god damn loading screen. Somebody please help.

Downgrading the beta patch worked for me.

94945 stuck on wait for host.

94876 joined without problems.

• Like 1

The problem is solved!.. Just apply the newest DayZ mod and Beta Patch and you´ll be fine ! :D

• Like 1

Downgrading the beta patch worked for me.

94945 stuck on wait for host.

94876 joined without problems.

SAMEzies!

As of July 18th 230 am after the new patch I am also stuck at Wait For Host, I have been playing Dayz successfully for over a Month and Kaboom - Granted it is a Beta and may have bugs which I have not experienced yet I would love to be able to load successfully - I have tried over 20 Servers with the same result - I should have not updated yet ( As I cry)

When I try to install the beta patch is says "wrong cd key" o_O

I downgraded to the previous version but six launcher auto-updates so that is useless.

Guess we just have to wait till the servers update

As with so many others, I also upgraded the beta patch via Six Launcher and now I am perpetually stuck at "Waiting for Host." I uninstalled/reinstalled Battleeye: no change. I downloaded the beta patch link that ihasashuvel posted and received the same "Wrong CD Key" error as Joeby and ultimately: no change.

Please post here if anyone has an update.

It's reassuring that you can at least play the game. Some of us can't get past a loading screen. That's a pretty large failure, if you ask me.

>hurr I cant use google and I'm buttmad about it

As with so many others, I also upgraded the beta patch via Six Launcher and now I am perpetually stuck at "Waiting for Host." I uninstalled/reinstalled Battleeye: no change. I downloaded the beta patch link that ihasashuvel posted and received the same "Wrong CD Key" error as Joeby and ultimately: no change.

Please post here if anyone has an update.

Exactly the same here.

Exactly the same here.

To fix this you have to run ARMA again before trying the patch. It then updates you to the older version when you run the updater. Only problem is, six launcher then auto updates the next time you run it