Sign in to follow this  
cjones636

What Sets DayZ apart from all the other Zombie Games out there today.

As the title says,"What Sets DayZ apart from all the other Zombie Games out there today"? I'm writing an article about DayZ on my game site.

Edited by cjones636

Well, there is PvP. No other zombie game has that. That causes about 95% of paranoia and suspense. Player confrontations are the most intense situations I have ever been in. Not even in real life have I ever experienced heart-throbbing, hand-shaking situations like I do in DayZ.

pvp immersion and a minecraft like gameworld for FPS, in that there are no set goals or tasks.

like the dude said its the pvp...since that is also 95%...of the game it self this is more of a post apocalyptic game than a zombie game since in zombie media the humans always work together to stay alive...in this they kill eachother as much as possible...feels more like mad max than zombies...

difficulty. tension. frustration. map size. immersion. i've never had to orienteer in a video game like i do in day z. the rewarding feeling you get when you survive despite how everything is pretty much stacked against you.

It's the only OWMMORPFTPZSS (Open-World Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing First and Third Person Zombie Survival Simulator) afaik.