Sign in to follow this  
Survivor-Kyle

Dear Server Admins

Dear Server Admins,

Will you please stop updating your server description without actually updating your installed version? It's a real pain for us players when we see "1.7.2.2 Beta 94867", try to connect, and then get text saying "You are running the incorrect version. This server is running 1.7.1.5".

It's cool if you want to not install the latest version, but please reflect that decision in your server name/description.

Sincerely,

The DayZ community

• Like 1

Dear Server Admins,

Will you please stop updating your server description without actually updating your installed version? It's a real pain for us players when we see "1.7.2.2 Beta 94867", try to connect, and then get text saying "You are running the incorrect version. This server is running 1.7.1.5".

It's cool if you want to not install the latest version, but please reflect that decision in your server name/description.

Sincerely,

The DayZ community

Or it could be a problem with the game.

Or it could be a problem with the game.

No, some servers are running incorrect version while advertising current versions. It's probably a mistake, but it is frustrating.

No, some servers are running incorrect version while advertising current versions. It's probably a mistake, but it is frustrating.

And last night I hit 5 in a row. With the new beta patch being temperamental I expect to see more tomorrow.

Some people are idiots. I apologize =/ More then Welcome to come to us200, I keep my shit straight! =D

Some people are lazy with their updates

However, considering 1.7.2 was unstable up until the recent update of 1.7.2.3-- I am not surprised to see people still on 1.7.1.5. Considering 1.7.2 ate all ghillies, camo, some weapons and cut pretty deep into profiles and other bugs. Lets not even get into the authentication issue of 1.7.2 that KILLED a lot of servers.

Please do a little bit of research before knocking on the server admins who want to have some stability in their gameplay.

tumblr_m5o6fgKOTc1rte9hco1_400.gif

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

Some people are lazy with their updates

However, considering 1.7.2 was unstable up until the recent update of 1.7.2.3-- I am not surprised to see people still on 1.7.1.5. Considering 1.7.2 ate all ghillies, camo, some weapons and cut pretty deep into profiles and other bugs. Lets not even get into the authentication issue of 1.7.2 that KILLED a lot of servers.

Please do a little bit of research before knocking on the server admins who want to have some stability in their gameplay.

tumblr_m5o6fgKOTc1rte9hco1_400.gif

The problem isn't admins running old versions, that is fine, the problem is admins who run old versions while listing their server as running the latest version. I'm just asking for names to correctly reflect what is installed.

The irony is the OP's post probably took longer to write than the time it takes to join another server with the correct version.

People really need to stop complaining about this kind of thing and just be grateful there are people out there prepared to spend their hard earned money on servers so people like the OP has somewhere to play.

I can guarantee ours is up to date :3

Edited by Macenzie

Dear whiny guy, some servers owners make mistakes, annoying yes. They pay for them, and unless you begin paying for one and have your own don't complain. Don't bite the hand that feeds you :P

tl;dr They pay, they can make mistakes. You don't pay, no one cares.

Dear whiny guy, some servers owners make mistakes, annoying yes. They pay for them, and unless you begin paying for one and have your own don't complain. Don't bite the hand that feeds you :P

tl;dr They pay, they can make mistakes. You don't pay, no one cares.

I care

I don't understand the vitriol in some of the negative responses to this completely reasonable request. The OP was respectful and made a valid point about mismanaged servers, an issue that has been around since May. Instead of responding with complaints about how ineffective "whiny guy's" request is, how about we all be a little more proactive and commit to contacting server owners that mislabel their servers? While it may be a bit difficult to do so, the few times I've contacted a server owner they always responded positively to my request, and the server ended up better for it. It's often the case that updating the server name is something that just slips through the cracks when frantically trying to make a server playable amongst the chaos of the first 24hrs of a release.

And yes, I see the irony in my post(complaint about the complaints of OP's "complaint").

Edited by S0N0S
  • Like 1

I normally have to manually update my server and update the server name so people know what it's running. If people who own servers can't get that right then they shouldn't be bloody renting them in the first place! ;/