Sign in to follow this  
kingrun2

need help dayz black screen fade!

Hello everyone , I have a problem , i have purchased arma Combined operations on steam , downloaded the six updater got all the files start the game and this is what happens . I have made a youtube video for you to see exactly what problem I am experiencing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwQL360RII

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

cant watch the video says its private,but yea i get the black fade too.

Got the black fade too, just got it since the 1.7.2.2 update.

EDIT:

Found this on another topic:

The reason some players are getting this constant fade-to-black and back in-game is because server owners need to update their dayz_anim and dayz_code files. The problem is the only way to get hte dayz_code file at the moment is via six launcher, so I just grabbed it off my computer and moved it to my server.

Guess the servers need to update.

Edited by Mezereon

I have encountered this when I joined an up to date server when I was out of date. I am experiencing the same thing you are right now. There was a message was there before when I did not have the right patch. Right now I can not join any of the newly updated servers and the old servers are giving me the flashing screen.

Exact same problem here. I still can move and go to the inventory for a split second there while the screen is fading..

Also noticed the status "symbols" are all there, but no status window is shown on the top right corner (the one that has the kill counter, blood, etc...).

Can we have some feedback about this? Is it a client side bug? Or do we have to re-install?

Thanks in advance!!

Don't wanna lose my full coyote here....sad face...

Overwrite arma2oa.exe with the one from Expansions/beta.

That was my problem... I guess you guys run the steam version too.

I just had this too, logged into a few other servers to try them same problem but it also lost my character somehow in the process with all my loadout :(

Having the same issue, any server i log into updated or not fades in and out. Equipment screen comes up and stays fine while the main vision continues to fade in and out. I dont seem to be able to find an arma2oa.exe any were to try replacing it, and yes I got the game off of steam.