Sign in to follow this  
Alby (DayZ)

Fixing the Ability to Log Out Immediately, will Reduce Player Murders

In my opinion, if you change the game so players can't log out instantaneously and must wait 20 seconds after clicking disconnect to log, while telling nearby players or showing an animation that the player is logging out, bandits are going to be more likely to rob people for their goods instead of murdering them. A lot of people are complaining about too much PVP. I think that once the logging out instantly problem is fixed, the PVP problem will fix itself.

Think about it... if I know that someone has good gear and doesn't see me, why would I tell them to FREEZE! in voice chat and risk them logging out in an instant as soon as they hear me? As the game is currently made, it simply just makes more sense to cap them in the back of the head because that's the only way you're going to be 100% sure that you can get their stuff.

Now obviously there will always be players who just want to kill other players. I am also aware that telling the game creators to fix the instant log out is beating an already long-dead horse.

This post is simply to suggest that the devs fix the insta-logout issue before they try to change or ruin a PVP system that is balanced and makes sense.

Just my 2 cents.

the players dont click log-out. they close the game process or unplug there internet cables etc in combat. this is harder to fix without adding more bugs (i.e. when rocket added a 5 second persistance when logging out/ losig connection. People where then duping items and coning themselfs and items. hence why it was removed

In my opinion, if you change the game so players can't log out instantaneously and must wait 20 seconds after clicking disconnect to log, while telling nearby players or showing an animation that the player is logging out, bandits are going to be more likely to rob people for their goods instead of murdering them. A lot of people are complaining about too much PVP. I think that once the logging out instantly problem is fixed, the PVP problem will fix itself.

Think about it... if I know that someone has good gear and doesn't see me, why would I tell them to FREEZE! in voice chat and risk them logging out in an instant as soon as they hear me? As the game is currently made, it simply just makes more sense to cap them in the back of the head because that's the only way you're going to be 100% sure that you can get their stuff.

Now obviously there will always be players who just want to kill other players. I am also aware that telling the game creators to fix the instant log out is beating an already long-dead horse.

This post is simply to suggest that the devs fix the insta-logout issue before they try to change or ruin a PVP system that is balanced and makes sense.

Just my 2 cents.

I dont see how it will reduce murders, or why I as a bandit should rob them instead. Implementing a logout timer and animation that you can not exit out of, would be a terrible idea. And if you are able to exit out of it, it would be pure stupidity to go up to someone and rob them. I would shoot them instead, since they would be dead on the ground even after logging out, then take whathever they had.

if you onehit someone in the head he doesnt have time to logout! just aim better noob!