Sign in to follow this  
Budgy

Addition of a War Cry

I saw a post the other week where someone suggested that more "fluff" be added to DayZ; guitar-playing and such. This got me thinking, as I felt it was going in the right direction. More fluff would do this game very well in my opinion.

So my idea is to implement a "war cry" feature, which when activated causes your player to scream loudly.

Imagine looting elektro, when a group of hatcheteers sprint into town screaming. You'd travel around the larger cities hearing distance shots and cries of war all around you. Or yelling out before lobbing a grenade onto a surprised enemy. Or shouting out your final breath as your ATV rockets off of a cliff.

It would make encounters more interesting, and hair-raising when one or both parties are vocally expressing their desire to fight or die trying.

I hope guitar playing will take a tool belt slot and can be active while sitting (Press #, or ' I think one of them is salute)

About the war cry, maybe you could have an item that changes your war cry, like you could have a whistle that when equipped you make the sound of a zombie and make a bandit look behind him, then shell the shit out of his back.

This only sounds like a way to get yourself killed as people would try to then find you and shoot you once you have exposed your position through making an annoying noise.

You could just use Direct comms for your warcry. I'm not sure about adding it in-game though.

This only sounds like a way to get yourself killed as people would try to then find you and shoot you once you have exposed your position through making an annoying noise.

If there were a teammate nearby, the one could draw him out with it and the other could take them out.

You could just use Direct comms for your warcry. I'm not sure about adding it in-game though.

That's a good, obvious point I did not consider. I suppose a feature such as this would be for those without mics, or the ability to bellow out a gut-wrenching shout. Though I have a mic, I cannot always use it since I've already got a few noise complaints.

That's a good, obvious point I did not consider. I suppose a feature such as this would be for those without mics, or the ability to bellow out a gut-wrenching shout. Though I have a mic, I cannot always use it since I've already got a few noise complaints.

use a driver with directsound. we just recently rode heavily armed around chernarus with the A-team theme blasting through our UAVs "stereo". :)

• Like 1

Where was the video where a player attacked another player while screaming and made him turn and run away?

And you don't always need a player action for everything if you have a mike and voip enabled...

You don't really need a feature for this added in, either actually scream into your mic or find out how to play a "War-Cry" over VON.