Sign in to follow this  
ssjenforcer

Zombies moving too fast?

i am just about to buy arma and start playing the mod, but before i do i just want to make sure ill even enjoy it.

i have seen lots of videos of the mod where zombies will run RIDICULOUSLY fast and practically just lag around you and people cant even shoot them properly. do they stilll move that fast or is that a glitch that will be fixed soon?

i dont want to spend money and hours playing only to find i cant even kill a zombie because they all have the Flash's powers

They do this and I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon tbh, but it's still playable and highly addictive once you figure things out.

k well i mean is it TOO fast for you guys to shoot? i havent even played yet just saw videos and they look like they just glitch around or is it just an old video and its better now?

no, they are shoot-able. and Dayz is on Alpha and bugs will really be there. only time will tell if it gets fix but It surely Will for the advancement of the game

k well i mean is it TOO fast for you guys to shoot?

Get inside a building and the infected will slow down on the door step giving you enough time to turn around shoot them. I do agree they're a bit too fast(looking a bit cartoonish at times) and makes it really annoying to loose them if you're unarmed( run between the treelines or swim) My suggestion is to crawl all the time from a certain distant if you don't want the infected to notice you.

Edited by leeo38

k thanks for the tips. im definitely getting this game this weekend and ill be sure to get my noob-ass pwned by some zombies lol

i wonder if anyone goes into this game expecting to be the best right away :P

As mentioned. Be aware of where the buildings are that you can run into. Do that, then the zombies walk as they enter, and you can kill them or evade them more easily.

i am just about to buy arma and start playing the mod, but before i do i just want to make sure ill even enjoy it.

i have seen lots of videos of the mod where zombies will run RIDICULOUSLY fast and practically just lag around you and people cant even shoot them properly. do they stilll move that fast or is that a glitch that will be fixed soon?

i dont want to spend money and hours playing only to find i cant even kill a zombie because they all have the Flash's powers

They will be fixed,the mod was first developed by 1 man and his name was Rocket the animations that he had for the zombies where really basic and slow so he speed up the zombies so the animations where better,now he has a team and he has the animations for the zombies he just didn't implement them yet!

DayZ is really good so enjoy but play Arma 2 editor to get used to the controls and the UI no other game uses this kind of UI and controls so it will be really unknown terretory for you and you will have to get used to it so it will annoy you at first but you will get used to them!!

There are three types of zombies, the Olympic sprinters, the crawlers and the ones that crawl around on their stomach.

The only ones that seem too fast are the Olympic sprinters, but really they are not that fast, it's just that their animation speed is turned up really fast so it makes them jerky and erratic. It's alpha, what do you expect.

When their animation speed is toned down, they will look a lot less jerky and erratic.

Edited by Booker

one more thing, if i save my character and exit, will i spawn at a completely different location the next time i enter the game?

like if i get to the edge of a sweet town and want to explore it later, will i be able to save and respawn at my same location later or is it better to explore the town first?

one more thing, if i save my character and exit, will i spawn at a completely different location the next time i enter the game?

like if i get to the edge of a sweet town and want to explore it later, will i be able to save and respawn at my same location later or is it better to explore the town first?

You should spawn on the same location you were when you left. but remember this is still in alpha, weird things may happen. Also there are servers that i believe do not share the same character persistence than the "official" servers, so it will also depends on the server you connect to and to which network is that server connected. So you can end up having multiple characters depending on which servers you connect to.

Edited by sebastian.w

are official servers labelled clearly or how will i know which ones to join for the best glitchfree experience?

are official servers labelled clearly or how will i know which ones to join for the best glitchfree experience?

Not sure about that, maybe someone with more experience can help us figure it out. But I found some info on this post http://dayzmod.com/f...er/#entry298240 (You may want to follow the thread, someone asked the same question)

It seems that char persistence works on all the servers connected to "hive", now we need to find if there's a way to filter those servers, I hope someone can help.

Edited by sebastian.w

I wouldnt mind dealing with their speed if they ran like normal zombies, not zigg-zagging around.

>"Normal Zombies"

>"Zombies"

>"Normal"

As rocket has said before, there is no such thing as a zombie, so it is impossible to tell what one would actually behave like.

Also, Rocket has also said, his picture for them are not Zombies but just humans who have been infected with a certain disease.

>"Normal Zombies"

>"Zombies"

>"Normal"

As rocket has said before, there is no such thing as a zombie, so it is impossible to tell what one would actually behave like.

Also, Rocket has also said, his picture for them are not Zombies but just humans who have been infected with a certain disease.

he lied. It's called DayZ and Z stands for zombie so in his picture they are zombies. Also it doesn't make sense that they walk slow and clumsy like a drunk and can run like usain bolt

The zombies in Day Zed have had a lot of talk going around referring to their movement. Watching videos, the zombies movement to me looks DEMONIC, as opposed to everyone's "glitchy" complaints. As for their running, it puts pressure on you and they are hard to hit when they are running. There's no point if you can hit 'em between the eyes from 30 yards away. You don't want to have to engage them, so them running at you is reason enough not to. They do zig-zag, but if and when the zombies can move diagonally, it will be fixed right quick. Most of the going through doors and glitches like that with the zombies are in the process of being rectified. The mod is in ALPHA. There will be a lot of bugs and glitches, but once the mod goes beta and finally release, everything should be fixed and how it is intended.

Edited by OW22

he lied. It's called DayZ and Z stands for zombie so in his picture they are zombies. Also it doesn't make sense that they walk slow and clumsy like a drunk and can run like usain bolt

I thought the it was DayZero, no DayZombie. DayZombie doesn't make sense, but DayZero kinda does.

Edited by sebastian.w

I thought the it was DayZero, no DayZombie. DayZombie doesn't make sense, but DayZero kinda does.

Why doesn't Day zombie makes no sense? I think it's a good name, it represents the day of the apocalypse. Same as D-Day, it's the day that changed the war.

Why doesn't Day zombie makes no sense? I think it's a good name, it represents the day of the apocalypse. Same as D-Day, it's the day that changed the war.

i don't know but Day Zero sounds better for me since day 0 is the day you start on the infected chernarus. But Day Zombie sounds kinda weird, shouldn't it be Zombie's Day?, I don't know, english is not my main language, im just saying.

i don't know but Day Zero sounds better for me since day 0 is the day you start on the infected chernarus. But Day Zombie sounds kinda weird, shouldn't it be Zombie's Day?, I don't know, english is not my main language, im just saying.

Day Zed or Day Z isn't Day Zombie. Day Z is Day Zed, and Zed is basically what the zombies are called, atleast I call them Zeds. Think about it this way: Z is the last letter in the English alphabet (not sure of others). Basically it's a clever form of saying "The Last Day". That's my interpretation.

Can we get back on topic now?

Edited by OW22