Sign in to follow this  
HTTP (DayZ)

I think I have an infection

First time posting so my apologize if placed in the wrong place.

My character was low on blood, so i found a cow and ate about 7 cooked meats. Since then i can hear coughing and my blood drops apox of 3 per second, I've read that an infection only takes you down to 6,000 blood, but what if i'm under that, can i die from it ?

what's your temperature reading at ?

You want that orally or rectally? Could make a difference. Come on man, the guy is sick!

It's a pretty dangerous status effect so you'll probably want to cure it as soon as possible... which may be tricky or take time since antibiotics are fairly rare. If your character doesn't have anything particularly super-rare and you're impatient, then I think it might not be a bad idea to just restart (since antibiotics are super-rare, you'll be exposing yourself to other players frequently by having to revisit hospitals until you find them).

Thanks for all you help so fast guys. I think i'll wait for my friend to come back on and we'll find a good place to hide and then i'll drop all my gear then restart.

Just for the love of all that's good, do NOT get your friend sick.

Just for the love of all that's good, do NOT get your friend sick.

Does he have to touch me to get sick or just close to me ?

You're a wuss. Start raiding hospitals until you come across antibiotics. I got them on my 3rd try. If you do the raids in Berezino, you can hit up the supermarket at the same time, and then you stand the chance of getting some good gear out of it too.

Don't respawn like a wuss.

You're a wuss. Start raiding hospitals until you come across antibiotics. I got them on my 3rd try. If you do the raids in Berezino, you can hit up the supermarket at the same time, and then you stand the chance of getting some good gear out of it too.

Don't respawn like a wuss.

Yes well if i die i loose a lot of good stuff

We just found our first antibiotics on Day 7 and we've been to hospitals a lot. Rare is an accurate description.

I'd try to play through it, don't give up because it's difficult, but stay away from your friends.

Yeah i don't want to but when your max blood is 6000 and I've just ran out of bizon ammo and only got my handgun now =/ will play it save and give all my stuff to a friend then run around and see if can get antibiotics. If i die then atleast i don#t loose anything.

You will loose all that gear eventually to something else, enjoy the experience for what it is and try find yourself some antibiotics.

Make it your mission to get some antibiotics, you'll eventually find them or die trying, if you find them, you will get such a rewarding feeling.

Yes well if i die i loose a lot of good stuff

If you keep thinking like that you're going to have a bad time. NEVER get attatched to your gear. You're going to lose it at some point. Don't respwan, no fun in that.

Indeed, I think the funnest i've had in this game is when I've been going a while, have decent gear only to relize I havn't eaten in a long long time or when I need some bandages, forces me to actually use all the gear I've gotten to take my chances quickly raiding a town before its too late.

I looted some anti-biotics off a guy I took out at NWAF, and I've had them in my bag for a rainy day. Literally, since a lot of time I'm outside sitting still for a good amount of time, my temp drops fairly quickly. Kind of common for me to have 1 heatpack on me now if I know I'm going to be providing overwatch. If it rains, it gets cold very quick. No use in having a fire since it's a giant "LOOK HERE" sign. It's I think only the second time I've ever seen them. I got them ages ago one time, and destroyed em because the temperature system wasn't working yet anyway.

Edited by KField86