Sign in to follow this  
K3nny (DayZ)

Arma 2 Retail and Arrowhead on Steam - DayZ playable?

So, a friend of mine has Arma 2 Retail and Operation Arrowhead on Steam.

Our Question is if there is any way to run DayZ now?

I'd love if anyone could explain how to.

Someone on youtube said they were running it on a steam version with no problems, but they didnt expain how. I've installed all the files but the shortcut doesn't have a file path, just a steam reference. I've bought and downloaded Operation Arrowhead just to play this mod so I hope someone can help. =)

Edit - Found some steam-related instructions here (please note, haven't yet tried to run the game so not sure if these work):

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107825.0

Edit # 2 - Seems to 'work' i.e. the mod appears on the right hand-side when I start the game. However when I try to join a server it says that I require downloadable content that's been deleted. Odd.

Guest Suffocation

Running it off steam is easy;

Make sure you have ran each game at least ONCE otherwise it wont recognize it as it won't of run the first time checks.

Make a file in your Operation Arrowhead Directory, which is located in like Program files (x86 - if you have 64-bit) -> Steam -> Steam Apps -> Common -> Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

Create a file called @dayz then inside that a file called Addons.

Then extract all the files there.

Go into steam, library and RIGHT click Operation Arrowhead then go to properties, Set lauch options and put " -nosplash -mod=@dayz" withOUT the "

Once you have done all that when going to run Operation arrowhead from steam make sure you have ArmA 2: Combined Operations selected and you are good to go!

Arma 2 retail + arrowhead on steam do works, don't worry about that (that's what i'm using), juste use Arma II Launcher to launch Arma II CO properly.

It says I'm missing the buildings files, I'm sure I d/l'd all of the file in the download section. I'll take another look...

Edit - Messing around with the six updater program seemed to fix it. I got into a server, but now I've been sat on the loading screen for about 10 minutes. I've got a reasonably fast machine, is this normal? :-\

I have also been having troubles with the steam version. I followed the instructions given by Suffocation and was able to get into the pregame lobby but was unable to join the game and was displayed with a message saying that i was missing a file and showed this bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.tactical_sunglasses_black.

help would be appreciated.

Guest Suffocation

The Error you get is not a problem just press "okay" or "Continue" I forget what it is called but any error you can continue pass, just do so it will not interfere with the playing of the game.

Yeah I had a good game last night. Spawned in total darkness but could hear whether I was running into water or not so I just ran inland until I spotted flares and continued from there. =)

I have now been having troubles with being stuck in the pregame lobby where I only have 'receiving data' displayed on my screen. I would wait for about ten minutes where the loading bar is at about 90% loaded, and then i am sent back at the server browser screen. I was wondering is this something normal that happens, and is there anything i can do about it? I am also unsure if i need to be using cba, cba_oa, or jayarma2lib.

Alright, I did what the kind gentlemen told me to do with steam, and that fixed that problem, but I can't join a map, because, I'm missing the map? Wat. I think this issue is because I'm running on Operation Arrowhead instead, but when I try to run Combined Operations, it shows the command prompt for a quick mili-second, then does nothing. Does absolutely fucking nothing,

Guest Suffocation

Yes, the missing map is because you are running operation arrowhead only.

You need to run combined ops, the cmd should pop up and close then start running arma.

Since it does nothing, please make sure both arma and arma OA are install on your comp. I've never heard of that problem before unless its due to some files not being on your computer.

Alright' date=' I did what the kind gentlemen told me to do with steam, and that fixed that problem, but I can't join a map, because, I'm missing the map? Wat. I think this issue is because I'm running on Operation Arrowhead instead, but when I try to run Combined Operations, it shows the command prompt for a quick mili-second, then does nothing. Does absolutely fucking nothing,

[/quote']

i also have this problem when i run combined operations through steam, if i go through operation arrowhead i can join the server, but i get kicked after a few seconds

so i can get in the game now, but i get "loading" forever

I get the same.

Running combined ops but still tells me .chernarus is missing.