Sign in to follow this  
Hendrix27

Suck it up, buttercup.

-Get sick of people making threads bitching about alpha.

-Make a thread bitching about people making threads bitching about alpha.

-Bitchception?

We have to bitch deeper...

Actually yeah, we are the testers. Thats how a lot of games are, they release the alpha version and have players test it out and report the problems. If you don't want to accept that roll, then come back when the game is finished.

Partly correct but mostly wrong. We are PART OF the testing process. We are here to test bugs that may not be found in the TESTING phase of the sdlc. It's like me creating an application and asking a client to test it but they can't even get past the loading screen.

I hate car / restaurant analogys when it comes to discussing games. Or anything for that matter. So over used. Why can seemingly everything be related back to cars and food?

Do you? I have been a developer for 15 years. You test shit before you roll it out. Doesn't seem like that happens. Alpha or not there has to be some parameters around testing. I tried to play this gave for FIVE hours last night and experienced nothing but complete failure. While we all expect to find "bugs" we expect the overall game to function at some level. This isn't my job. They are not paying me to test. In fact I'm paying them to test.

Note the TESTING phase. http://en.wikipedia....ment_life-cycle

Lol... developer for 15 years and you spent 5 hours of failure trying to get the game to work?

Lol... you saying you are paying them to test. Last time I checked you didn't pay anything for this free mod in Alpha. Is this mod buggy? Yep. Are you forced to play it? Nope.

nacrom....

We are the fucking testers you moron

You mad little man? Need an ice cream?

I hate car / restaurant analogys when it comes to discussing games. Or anything for that matter. So over used. Why can seemingly everything be related back to cars and food?

I hate people complaining about car analogies. So over done.

You mad little man? Need an ice cream?

Now that you mention it, I could do with some ice cream

Yes its Alpha, and yes we are the testers, but I don't think thats the issue. Its people being complete assholes about it. You see this is how people are when someone is not completely understanding its Alpha. "Oh, so you're having problems? Well suck it up buttercup, its Alpha don't you understand?" And then simply leave it at that, no explanation, no thorough talk, just simply being a dick. Oh what a joy, yes? To be told by someone over the internet to suck it up simply because they won't explain it to you! Yes its the internet, yes there will be dicks, but do you have to be one all the time? No, no, no my pretties, its far easier than that, be a dick to those who deserve, and not to those who don't. Its okay to be a dick to someone saying, "This Alpha sucks, so many bugs, and glitches. Ya know, lets just roll it back, far more easier, and shit," but not to people like, "You know, theres alot of bugs, can someone explain this to me?"

• Like 1

Lol... developer for 15 years and you spent 5 hours of failure trying to get the game to work?

Lol... you saying you are paying them to test. Last time I checked you didn't pay anything for this free mod in Alpha. Is this mod buggy? Yep. Are you forced to play it? Nope.

You misunderstand. I was logged in and "playing" for five hours. I lost most of that time played as a result of servers not saving progress, I respawned in the debug forest with no gear another time and after a character death respawned with an old character that had died 3 hours ago. It's a huge mess.

Partly correct but mostly wrong. We are PART OF the testing process. We are here to test bugs that may not be found in the TESTING phase of the sdlc. It's like me creating an application and asking a client to test it but they can't even get past the loading screen.

Well from what I know they don't test the game, if they did they probably wouldn't have even released it yet. They rely on the communities feedback to fix the problems.

-Get sick of people making threads bitching about alpha.

-Make a thread bitching about people making threads bitching about alpha.

-Bitchception?

Oh shit, you just created a word. I approve this message.

Yes its Alpha, and yes we are the testers, but I don't think thats the issue. Its people being complete assholes about it. You see this is how people are when someone is not completely understanding its Alpha. "Oh, so you're having problems? Well suck it up buttercup, its Alpha don't you understand?" And then simply leave it at that, no explanation, no thorough talk, just simply being a dick. Oh what a joy, yes? To be told by someone over the internet to suck it up simply because they won't explain it to you! Yes its the internet, yes there will be dicks, but do you have to be one all the time? No, no, no my pretties, its far easier than that, be a dick to those who deserve, and not to those who don't. Its okay to be a dick to someone saying, "This Alpha sucks, so many bugs, and glitches. Ya know, lets just roll it back, far more easier, and shit," but not to people like, "You know, theres alot of bugs, can someone explain this to me?"

Test the mod > find a bug > bug kicks your ass > report bug to development > respawn > test the mod

Not

Play the mod like its a finished AAA game > find a bug > bug kicks your ass > spend the afternoon complaining about a bug on the forums losing all your gear and how we should have stuck to the last build.

I hate people complaining about car analogies. So over done.

I know. Its like whe you go to a restaurant and they bring you something completely different to what you ordered.

I'm talking about the assholes who deserve it.

You misunderstand. I was logged in and "playing" for five hours. I lost most of that time played as a result of servers not saving progress, I respawned in the debug forest with no gear another time and after a character death respawned with an old character that had died 3 hours ago. It's a huge mess.

Yes. The same happened to me. It sucks but if we all have some patience, maybe play some steam sale games until the hotfix / patch is out, it should be a better experience.

I know. Its like whe you go to a restaurant and they bring you something completely different to what you ordered.

Or when you drive your restaurant into a car and the fryer bursts into carbeuretors.

HOW DARE YOU DIDNT TEST THE PATCH THAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TESTING!

I think the problem is the fact that they don't have staging servers.

We have such a staging server in my last work. Basically, you'd just have this server as a "test" server, if you will and just let people to volunteer to go on it. Leave it on there for a week or so. Once you know that it's fairly stable, THEN you push it to all the other servers. It would eliminate at least half the complaints here.

Edited by Whattteva

So when a game is in alpha you can't talk about bugs and undeveloped or wrong features? Weird I thought that's the point of alpha.

The thing is, most people DON'T know what alpha means before they buy Arma2 to play DayZ. Why would they, unless they are involved in software development? The DayZ site doesn't exactly spell it out, either. The "What is DayZ page" certainly doesn't. Most of those cool videos people see don't mention it is alpha. The videos showing how to install DayZ don't either.

So, many people go an buy Arma2 and download DayZ without ever realising that it is alpha and then get jerks telling them on the forums that they should have known and its their own fault for not fully understanding how games get developed.

So maybe cut people some slack and understand that many people are not really understanding what they are signing up for. The devs don't care, the bigger the user base, the more leverage they have.

HOW DARE YOU DIDNT TEST THE PATCH THAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TESTING!

Can you at least use proper English when antagonizing?

Or when you drive your restaurant into a car and the fryer bursts into carbeuretors.

Yeah and then it goes all down your front. Try to clean it off but spread it everywhere instead. Then get shot when someone confuses you for a zombie. Its almost like playing an annoying AAA mod alpha game that no-one has tested. So infuriating. Fix it.

• Like 1

So when a game is in alpha you can't talk about bugs and undeveloped or wrong features? Weird I thought that's the point of alpha.

You don't understand my point. I'm all about reporting the bugs and whatnot. But crying about it and having a fit on the forums cause of it?

Can you at least use proper English when antagonizing?

Not everyone here has English as their first language. It certainly isn't mine. No need to hunt people down over trivial things if you can at least understand what he's trying to say.