Sign in to follow this  
FLMedic Doc

Clear something up about Six Launcher

1) Download and install Six-Updater

2) Go to options and make sure the target path for Operation Arrowhead main folder and mod folder is correct.

3) It should say at the bottom that you have A2 Operation Arrowhead (Combined Operations) installed.

4) Create a 'New Preset' from the 'Preset' tab in the top menu. You can name it 'DayZ'

5) Click the 'Mods' tab in the main window. In the searchbox type in '@DayZ'.

6) Right click the DayZ mod in the browser window and 'add to preset'.

7) Click on 'Home' tab and 'Install or Update mods'. It will automacitally download the latest version of the mod for you.

8) To run the game click on 'Launch the game' through Six-Updater.

Correct me if I am wrong, Six launcher does this for you:

1. dayz files up to date
  2. arma beta patch up to date
  3. arma 1.6 patch

Does this mean if i have retail version of ARMA 2 CO i can just install and start playing by using the six launcher method? or do I do the retail method FIRST then do the Six Launcher method?

Six launcher should do the work for you. So you should just have to install Arma 2 & Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, then run Six.

I have the steam version so not sure how the install changes but six launcher does it all for me, I didn't even know I had the beta patch until I tried installing it and found six launcher had done it already.

All I did was start six launcher and it did the rest.

it seems that installing the retail version of OA will result in self updating to 1.6 while installing the expansion for the first time

will that affect the steps of six launcher at all?

it seems that installing the retail version of OA will result in self updating to 1.6 while installing the expansion for the first time

will that affect the steps of six launcher at all?

No, it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by XAM

2) Go to options and make sure the target path for Operation Arrowhead main folder and mod folder is correct.

so i got:

Game

Mod

ServerMods: ServerMods (already filled out)

Pack

TS3

what am i suppose to put here? since i have the retail version both ARMA 2 and OC are in the same folder

The six launcher makes no sense what so ever, I followed all 9 hundred trillion of the tutorials, patched it, bought both the games on steam and when i ran it and got into a server I just sat there behind a loading screen and a character generating screen for EVER.

It's useless.

well Xam i did everything on the list, except for # 2 which i just put BI/Arma II for both game and mods since there's no other folder to put there, starting it now, wish me luck

Six Launcher should auto detect your paths if not entered. It did it for me at least.

well okay so everything seems okay till i click join on the servers six launcher provided

1. pmc...is missing/ fix says to ignore it, okay

2.no entry...scope...male.alt/ fix also say to ignore this

3.instant kick from server/ fix says to get battlEye from its site since i use retail, so i did

4. still instant kick

:(((((((((

do you have any suggestion?