Sign in to follow this  
Gareth_Sims (DayZ)

If DayZ was Real, how would you act?

As the title says, if a real life zombie crisis occurred and you managed to survive the initial outbreak, how would you act in the new world?, would you be a 'friendly' or would you be a 'Bandit', I would like to think that there is a mix between the two like a "careful friendly" if you would but at the end of the day i think with the world the way it is now days the people who look after them selves and their loved ones would be the people who survive, an interesting topic on this matter was done by The Walking Dead in season 2 "SPOILER" the group becomes conflicted on what to do about a survivor they found, weather to kill him, let him go or join their group.

I would have to say that I would not shoot on sight but i would be very cautious and would not welcome newcomers to my group (If i had one) my first priority would be personal protection and that of my friends/family that survived also, its a shame i know but after surviving the zombie apocalypse, the last thing i would want was for someone else to either kill me or get me killed, in movies and things of that nature you always see that the people who let people join them always seem to meet their demise shortly thereafter.

I am interested to see what you think that you would be after the zombie apocalypse, after all it is coming, I mean come on you don't really think it was really bath salts do you? :P

Kill everyone, loot everything.

I'd be the skipper on the SS minow after I looted enough food for a year. Then Id probably take a gun to my head.

Well, since it's real life.. I'd best go gather up my (alive) friends and go out on the nearest gun store which is loaded with bullet proof vests, handguns and shotguns while beside a burger store and across the street; a convenience store all these locations about 300m away from my house which is quite a short walk. And in real life, I won't kill people since it has real psychological effects now, even though you were trying to defend yourself but if I must; I will

I would go into my neighbors house, looks like it has some good loot from the outside, then server hop until I find enough stuff to last me a lifetime

• Like 1

The same way I act in DayZ.

Be as sneaky as a shadow during the night, quieter than an empty room, and be a loner.

Most people who post here tend to forget they'd prolly die "quickly" despite all their nice plans. Really, gunstore? Apart from Europe and so on where we don't even have that, you would not be the only one, regardless if you could even handle a gun properly or not. A loner? You won't make it far, unless you can really survive on your own. Yeah, like most of the comm here can do that... "Kill everyone, loot everything" ? Yeah right, my ass.

I'm sorry, a lot can happen if that would be the case, but most of the claims I hear about this topic on this forum are either bullshit or nice. In theory. It depends on many factors, and where you live.

If that would seriously happen, pray you got a (isolated?) farm, or make it to some sort of refugee camp protected by police / military / militia until it's over ... if it will stop. Sooner or later, you'd have to join up with a group anyway, if you aim for long-term survival. Otherwise, as psycho or loner, you'll always be at a disadvantage (on average!) compared to a group. My thoughts, at least. Yet, I doubt most of us would "make it" in the event of this. Man, if the internet would continue to work, I'd like to see who's left of this comm after a month when it hit their area.

- I would found a Military Group (Miliz) (Atm weaponed with a 9mm Walter P99 with 45 Bullets)

- we would conquer the Bosch facility right from my house, there is wire around it and a lot of Walls are build, it has the 2cond biggest boiler in my town.

- we would clean Aldi / Edeka / Lidl and Penny Market for Food and the Drugstores for Medical suplies

- Next we would steal scaffold to Strengthen the wire around the Facility.

- Then we would Raid Police stations for Illegal Drugs and Weapons & Ammo.

If our place is a little safe we would trap the Area aroud the Facility with bear traps (give some Blood over a teddy lay it in the trap and you only have 2 wait).

For the Near Future we would kill every male Person we see and take their wifes to safe Menkind (we have to make a lot of kids)

For the Far Future i would prefere a Castle in the Mountains which are not easy to reach for Zombies

This are my plans... not all of my Brainf*ck, but lots of it :)

Why would you kill all males if you want to "save mankind" ? The more the merrier. And you are armed with a gun in Germany? You are not police or military, are you?

I live there, too. The only people to have weapons are basically police, military and possibly hunters, who would hardly use a pistol to hunt, though.

Why would you kill all males if you want to "save mankind" ? The more the merrier. And you are armed with a gun in Germany? You are not police or military, are you?

I live there, too. The only people to have weapons are basically police, military and possibly hunters, who would hardly use a pistol to hunt, though.

My Personal Miliz counts about 20 Men, they are all weaponed, no we're no Police officers we are criminals. (we got the weapons from some Kurds, don't know where they get 'em and i don't mind anyway). So the more ppl. we are the more Food we need. the less ppl we are the longer our supplies will hold. So we take the "important menkind" the women/kids and kill the unimportant "Men".

We cannot take the risk of starving just because we need more genetic material for the farer Future. I hope there exist more paramilitary milize's like mine.

I like how everyone has elaborate plans involving acquiring guns and being ruthless survivors. We all know that if this was really going to happen, most of you will just sit in your room and be too scared to move. I know I would. I can't even imagine myself wanting to leave my house xD

if this is for real, I'll team up with other suvivors, find some weapons, food and try to stay alive avoing the major cities. Anyone here that suggest killing other people is just plain stupid. You think it's that easy to kill someone, hit them with a crowbar, or even to point a real gun at them? Plus this is not The Road( go watch the movie if you haven't yet) where the world is burnt down to ashes and food supplies is hard to come by. It's just an infection that turns people into violent-brainless folks. the world is still pretty much intact and food/water is everywhere. You can find lots of edible plants in the forest and rivers for water supply.

Edited by leeo38

I like how everyone has elaborate plans involving acquiring guns and being ruthless survivors. We all know that if this was really going to happen, most of you will just sit in your room and be too scared to move. I know I would. I can't even imagine myself wanting to leave my house xD

What else as Dead is awaiting you? No matter what you do you will die some time. And if you are Dead it really doesn't matter when or how you died... If you are Dead you are dead.

We'd shut down all windows, hang drapes from the inside. Set up candles, matches in every room, fill the bathtub with water as personal reservoir, make an itinerary of all food, protective clothing, items usable for personal defense, go to the parking, siphon all gas from the vehicles left over into jerry cans & scavenge all apartments for tools, provisions, weapons, devices and anything that will work for barricading.

Next I'd prep a car for doing scavenging runs, maybe refit the windows with chipboard or something, tear out all unnecessary seats/ interior. Throw in additional empty jerry cans. From there on I'd make my way to gas stations, weapons/outdoor shops and the local small supermarket. I'd map all blocked routes/streets and later fortify those blockades to create a perimiter around my house. Furthermore I would try to aqcuire CB/communication equipment and as many how-to books as possible (How to weld, how to repair engines etc.)

These would probably be my first steps into survival. Until I haven't secured our own apartment / house I would engage everyone else as possible threat.

Edited by Lukio

I laugh at the people who say they would kill and loot, or get guns, and whatever other stupid things they can think up. Get real. But me, I would do whatever it takes to make it to the next day.

You know if you people would be really clever you'd already prepare, and not do it once shit happens, since you'd be ... to put it bluntly ... fucked, as all people will rush to places to loot / buy, thus supplies would be scarce over time. At least at markets, etc. In theory.

And this is not even fearmongering. Depending on where you live, you COULD need survival supplies IN CASE of ANY catastrophic event where you may be cut off for some time. Hurricane, flood, etc.

So basically, the sooner you stock up, the easier it will be once something happens. What you need is: Information / Knowledge (Books on how to do XY), Tools and materials (to actually use), and Food and other stuff (to get by, body hygiene, etc.)

Don't expect to run out to the market to stock up for several months once something happens. You won't be the only one. The clever (wo)man however, has most of that already at home, stocked.

I'm ex military. I've got no qualms about killing people to survive. that's what war is.

Let's face it, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen, the government would "lock us up" in secure places away from the zombies and the army would deal with the infected themselves. They can fight off other armies with guns and vehicles, I think a zombie apocalypse would be a piece of cake for them. I'm sure if it were to happen not even 10% of the population would get infected.

Depends on statistics of this infection, and how it works, to be honest. In this "small world" (it's way more connected than 50 years ago, and I don't just mean the internet) some pandemic could spread like wildfire. Do not underestimate one where the victims turn into cannibal killers that could infect others. Again, wildfire.

But as opposed to some movies, I'm sure the resistance to this would be "higher", as you implied.

Thing is offcourse that a zombie infestation through bites is impossible to occur worldwide. It won't let a whole nation fall into chaos either, it would probably be over before it can spread throughout a whole continent. And if it's spreading through the air then we are probably all fucked, but i don't see that crossing the pacific ocean either.

Edited by Aseliot

You know if you people would be really clever you'd already prepare, and not do it once shit happens, since you'd be ... to put it bluntly ... fucked, as all people will rush to places to loot / buy, thus supplies would be scarce over time. At least at markets, etc. In theory.

I'd wager most households are prepared enough to make it for a week without leaving or having to scavenge much in the case of a catastrophe. Anyway as the subject implies "If DayZ was Real" a zombie apocalypse like in DayZ is not something real and there is no need to prepare for that. Anyone seriously preparing for a zombie apocalypse as displayed in fictional movies, comics, games or books is just a nutjob in my book.

• Like 1