Sign in to follow this  
x3Ryan

This game is Un-Playable. For Myself.

I now understand why I have to shoot first if I don't want to die whenever I come across someone in game. Reading some of the pointless reply's and immature abuse people give.

Sure OP started this topic in a negative note but still no need to abuse and post pointless things.

Did the OP think to check they had battle-eye installed and updated? this is the most common cause of server disconnects due to timeouts that I'm aware of.

Also this, have you updated battle eye?

Also I'm pretty sure when I was installing dayz one of the guides I was following told me to reinstall battle eye through steam.

To reinstall it just got to launch operation arrowhead and it should give 4 options, one being to reinstall battle Eye anti-cheat, try that and see if it helps.

Edited by Scene
  • Like 1

My ping is under 100 for most USA servers, and I usually play on servers with under 30 pings. Don't think it's that.

That was just an example. Anyway when I join the server it has low ping. But middle game some asshole admin at my ISP decides to spill some coffe on CMTS and my ping can jump to very high values and I got kicked.

• Like 1

I started a thread about this here: http://dayzmod.com/f...ed/#entry291942

There are threads about it from many which noone has ever answered. Although I have only had this problem with 1.7.2

Yup, I'm also running 1.7.2.

I did get a lot of trouble with getting disconnected when I first started playing but it was because the game was going through a large increase in players and the hive was under a lot of stress.

I haven't had any problems lately of being kicked out though. Maybe try doing a ping test and tracert to the server IP that you play on and see what they return.

How are you trying to launch the game? Via Arma in game server browser or do you use six launcher?

Six Launcher; I'll give the other a go and see what happens.

Pinging returns good results. Tracert times out after reaching 216.243.26.170; what could that mean?

Hmm the IP I was tracert'ing was 216.244.93.66. So it times out after it reaches... Port fowarding maybe needed?

Edited by x3Ryan

listen mate, most servers are full constantly, people playing for several hours, days, weeks at at time. The game is playable, but judging by your lack of patience, maybe this is not the game for you in the first place...?

I'm so patient its not even funny. If I die, I laugh and it's fun. If it D/C's me, I QQ and I have the right to do so. <3

Did the OP think to check they had battle-eye installed and updated? this is the most common cause of server disconnects due to timeouts that I'm aware of.

THANK YOU. Will try that out now as well.

I now understand why I have to shoot first if I don't want to die whenever I come across someone in game. Reading some of the pointless reply's and immature abuse people give.

Sure OP started this topic in a negative note but still no need to abuse and post pointless things.

Also this, have you updated battle eye?

Also I'm pretty sure when I was installing dayz one of the guides I was following told me to reinstall battle eye through steam.

To reinstall it just got to launch operation arrowhead and it should give 4 options, one being to reinstall battle Eye anti-cheat, try that and see if it helps.

<3. Gonna try this out now.

@tenshu, you should give this a go too.

it is sad you regret buying arma 2 CO for the mod, maybe play the original game and enjoy the money you spend ?

as for ALPHA part of this mod, since 1.7.2 i noticed more connection problems, time outs red links etc. so it is probably something with the hive and server in this update.

for those who do not understand, this game is not just your pc connected to a server, it is also a connection with a central server (hive) and you can have double the connection problems now.

so for the one who said it has nothing to do with ALPHA it has every thing to do with alpha

because it is a new update and not just your pc is dependent on it but also the game server and the hive.

so in short, connection might be bad with server and player

server and hive.

hive and player (direct or indirect ?)

then there is new code for all three where some thing might be a miss

because it is in alpha

there was this interview or presentation where rocket explained the troubles with the growing community and the original base structure and numbers of connections

if the game originally was made for like 100 players syncing and updating, how about 1000 or 100000 at one time

that is a huge ALPHA problem

which can only be solved when players accept that they are playing an ALPHA mod and not some retail game.

• Like 1

Pinging returns good results. Tracert times out after reaching 216.243.26.170; what could that mean?

aha so you have some computer skills. unless thats the ip you are trying to reach, ther eis a slow down on a server that is on the way to the target. could be temporary, but try another server

it is sad you regret buying arma 2 CO for the mod, maybe play the original game and enjoy the money you spend ?

as for ALPHA part of this mod, since 1.7.2 i noticed more connection problems, time outs red links etc. so it is probably something with the hive and server in this update.

for those who do not understand, this game is not just your pc connected to a server, it is also a connection with a central server (hive) and you can have double the connection problems now.

so for the one who said it has nothing to do with ALPHA it has every thing to do with alpha

because it is a new update and not just your pc is dependent on it but also the game server and the hive.

so in short, connection might be bad with server and player

server and hive.

hive and player (direct or indirect ?)

then there is new code for all three where some thing might be a miss

because it is in alpha

there was this interview or presentation where rocket explained the troubles with the growing community and the original base structure and numbers of connections

if the game originally was made for like 100 players syncing and updating, how about 1000 or 100000 at one time

that is a huge ALPHA problem

which can only be solved when players accept that they are playing an ALPHA mod and not some retail game.

Thanks for the info! Very insightful. <3

aha so you have some computer skills. unless thats the ip you are trying to reach, ther eis a slow down on a server that is on the way to the target. could be temporary, but try another server

Edited the post. Yeah, it's the IP I'm trying to reach; what's it mean? c:

Kk so actually, it only happens for some of the servers. I'ma try everything so far with a server without the tracert problem.

Edited by x3Ryan

This is defiantly a day z problem as arma 2 plays fine for me with no connection problems, I will try updating battleeye again.

I love how every post has an Alpha disclaimer, with an Open alpha that is basically gone viral over youtube, the day z devs proud of user numbers and the advertising of the game on twitter etc. If they didn't want the uneducated rabble, have a closed alpha like every other game :)

I couldn't update battle eye Via steam, it kept saying 'program is busy' for arrowhead, error messages came up saying "missing string", went to the website and downloaded the .dll files and added them to arma2 + arowhead. Testing now

I couldn't update battle eye Via steam, it kept saying 'program is busy' for arrowhead, error messages came up saying "missing string", went to the website and downloaded the .dll files and added them to arma2 + arowhead. Testing now

Also try Tracert'ing (CMD Command.) your server's IP address. If it time's out, look for one that doesn't.

Update:

So far so good. I even alt+tabbed once and it froze, but it picked right back up where it left off. I'ma happy camper for now. =)

Edited by x3Ryan

I have EDITED the Thread Title.

There is already DayZ build available 1.7.2.1 (1.7.2.2 coming soon).

Be careful with the latest BIS ArmA2/CO beta 94761 it is not MP compatible with Vs 1.6 builds (official patch will be 1.61 in the future).

"** this beta is 1.61.xxxxx and not MP compatible with old 1.60 betas"

Good luck with your problems

Please continue the discussion.

• Like 1

Holy shit. Is this you acknowledging that this problem exists and just taking it to the face?

We acknowledge that the game is in Alpha testing and will very likely screw you over a lot. Was there something else you were looking for because anyone whose spent time on these forums knows that.

So you got screwed over. Either wait for an updated version or continue playing.