Sign in to follow this  
pieflavor

certain things I can't help but notice

1- if you have a sidearm and either binoculars or a main weapon, when you mousewheel up or down the center of the screen shows a hand pointing down, and near the hand there is a short description of the item you're pointing at and the distance. Zombies are described as "citizens" in grey, while other players are described as "Man" in orange or "civilian" in grey (I suspect orange means hostile and therefore bandit) I don't know if this is exclusive to CH:ON servers or something, but I presume it's something from the arma 2 engine, and I believe this shouldn't be allowed, as it defeats the purpose of the rangefinder and pretty much enables "3D spotting"

2- when you open your inventory, you can see white orbs at the egde of your screen, they indicate where a nearby entity is at, I suspect this is another arma 2 feature but I don't think it fits in Dayz, I also don't really know the details about it, it might be indicating audio cues or simply allowing you to wallhack, who knows.

I have notices white orbs in the center on each side of my screen when just crawling through the streets of electro.

the orbs are supposed to be simulation of your peripherial vision. Where white dots are zeds and items, and players are displayed with green dots.

Edited by FDFJ

Maybe you would make something constructive out of this by posting in the suggestions area.

This topic will be forgotten, and out of the world in 30 minutes. It has simply never existed.

Well, unless there's the 0.0001% chance that a mod sees this, and moves it for you.

I personally choose to play on a server where this does not exist. I don't know what the 'tag' given for that type of server is, however... whether that means it's a veteran server or what.

But you can spot vehicles, tents, and people from over 1000 meters away with that little trick. I don't mind being able to spot things, but I'd rather not be spotted. Makes sniping super easy though. No guess work when you don't have a rangefinder.

Maybe you would make something constructive out of this by posting in the suggestions area.

This topic will be forgotten, and out of the world in 30 minutes. It has simply never existed.

Well, unless there's the 0.0001% chance that a mod sees this, and moves it for you.

Why would it go into the ''suggestion'' forums? He's not ''suggesting'' anything, he's just pointing things out. roflmao.

to be honest I kind of felt as if this was already discussed and that it would be futile to post on the suggestion forums...

we'll see

I personally choose to play on a server where this does not exist. I don't know what the 'tag' given for that type of server is, however... whether that means it's a veteran server or what.

But you can spot vehicles, tents, and people from over 1000 meters away with that little trick. I don't mind being able to spot things, but I'd rather not be spotted. Makes sniping super easy though. No guess work when you don't have a rangefinder.

I am even unsure in what servers this is enabled, veteran/regular doesn't seem to affect this setting, according to http://wiki.zspecialunit.org/index.php?title=ArmA_2_Server_Difficulty_Settings but I don't really know.

This is one of those moments where one member of the 80% douchebag population of these forums posts a nasty response that doesn't even make sense.

Quit feeling like you need to respond to threads in hardass mode all the time. It's not fucking necessary.

I dont think it was intended to be nasty,

Edited by Jacknine

I dont think it was intended to be nasty,

Ok, yeah you may be right.

There's just such a proliferation of that attitude here. I don't get it sometimes.

So... my bad. Didn't mean to jump your ass Tamsen.

Edited by Rayth

Yes.

Next time put something in the OP that actually asks for the forums opinion on the matter, just stating things you might have noticed in game like everyone else that has played is not very constructive reading. Anyway the orbs give you an indicate that there are things near you, in the field most dots mean animals, in town the dots mean zombies. Players get dots aswell depending on server difficulty, the easiest settings turnung them into green dots while the hardest setting turns the dots on players off.

Most of the times the dots scare the shit out of me when a rabbit suddenly runs past and i see the dot move to fast and i think im being flanked by a zombie or jumped by a player.

Like the dots the range finder on middle click is turned on or off depending on server difficulty, and i agree it does not add anything to the game except for spoilerific giving away your hiding place to people intending to shoot you...(or shoot back at you for that matter)