Gordon Axeman

Vehicle spawn idea (NO WINE)

Everyone must have seen maps of vehicle spawns. Now, when DayZ is popular, many people know the spawn points of different cars.

Because of this cars are now nearly impossible to find. Even a month ago it was much easier. For now all the cars are out of the map, hidden by large clans. I know about cleanups and respawning the cars outside of the map. But think: Ander said about despawning the cars outside of the map AFTER THEY ARE UNUSED FOR 24h! In every clan there is a lot of people which are online every day. They will make a system where members, in turn, will use all cars every day. Maybe not really use, just sit in, drive 1m, save car and go away. They will not let the cars respawn. For now the only threat to these camps are guys spawned in the wilderness, which can occasionally find a camp.

Even if the cars are respawned, they will be picked up at the same moment, because a lot of people come and check the spawns nearly constantly.

So, my idea is simple. I dunno why there are so many destroyed cars in villages. But if so, let's continue the logic! With military vehicles it's already working, for example, spawning them at Black Lake. Why not to spawn civil cars in the same manner? Imagine: a tractor is waiting for his driver Petrovich near an old barn next to the road, or a race bike standing on a dirt road deep in the hills...

More cars should be spawned in cities, so it will be more challenging to go there. Every newbie knows: DONT GO TO CHERNO AND ELEKTRO! THERE YOU WILL CATCH A BULLET!

So campers are bored... :) Seriously, by all logics, a car might have survived all the shit in a backyard of a house or at a filling station... Why not? Cities will become hotzones again, and people will unite to go there together.

Military vehicles should be spawned where now, and, with quite little chance, at the outskirts of any settlement. They should also spawn at the cities' firestations.

Also I suggest a new type of vehicle for the supermarkets - Gazel. That will be realistic, because such cars bring in merchandise there IRL. Also, thats a Russian vehicle, it means realism of its location too. This car should serve as a movable storage, capacity 100/15/10, passabilty - simular to GAZ. Fuel tank - 300 litres (cars have 200, right? say me if im wrong, i'll rebalance).

So, that's all. The point is:

Make the vehicle spawn points less bounded to locations. But dont lose realism. Also there should be twice as much vehicles per server (not include Huey!!!). This will prevent clans from farming/stealing all the vehicles at a server. Even a noob will be able to find a car. It's the best balance.

Awaiting devs and users comments and suggestions.

• Like 2

I would also back this if they made car spawns a lot more common, but in turn reduced the spawn rates of the vehicle parts ideally once they remove server hopping capabilities.

I would also back this if they made car spawns a lot more common, but in turn reduced the spawn rates of the vehicle parts ideally once they remove server hopping capabilities.

Good idea, I appreciate! I've mentioned that there are too many destroyed vehicles, it's illogical. What made them trashed? They should be repairable, not all of course, about 15%.

Although vehicles are great I think the amount in each server are MORE than enough. Think about the chaos of EVERYONE having a car... It would be terrible. Mainly the vehicles go to those who need them the most Clans/large groups. I currently have a Van, bicycle, and a dirt bike all for my group of 6. We keep our camp in the map to keep things fair, and I really think having those vehicles is perfect as we all fit in the van for large missions or we can go in single on the bike or as a pair on the dirt bike. So in the end I say it's pretty ok right now. Just look for camps up north (Around Guba, and west of NEAF or in Petrovka).

Hopefully once the out of map storage is removed it will be harder for the massive clans to hide various vehicle allowing the smaller groups and solo players to get a chance at vehicles on servers which have been around for more than a week. (Seeing as there are about 3 other sections of land about 225 square km s other than chernarus)

The amount of vehicles on each server are probably about right, just the majority of players don't get to see them.

Although vehicles are great I think the amount in each server are MORE than enough. Think about the chaos of EVERYONE having a car... It would be terrible. Mainly the vehicles go to those who need them the most Clans/large groups. I currently have a Van, bicycle, and a dirt bike all for my group of 6. We keep our camp in the map to keep things fair, and I really think having those vehicles is perfect as we all fit in the van for large missions or we can go in single on the bike or as a pair on the dirt bike. So in the end I say it's pretty ok right now. Just look for camps up north (Around Guba, and west of NEAF or in Petrovka).

Damn it man, you are selfish. Why large clans need cars, and small groups not? I lead a group of three and we had only found a bus once. We raided all the north. Just yesterday I was at the lake near Skalka, found four tents - empty tents. So you are not the only witty man. And why do you think EVERYONE will have a car? I suggested for future, when servers will have more space, and existing will be more fiiled. I talked not about COLOSSAL AMOUNT UPGRADE, I talked about randomizing the spawn points. On every new server people immedilately go to the known spawns. And that would really boost the interest of searching a car.

This is not wow, you don't "deserve" a mount/vehicle. I'm not in a clan with vehicles or anything btw. What i mean is that you don't "deserve" anything in this game, if clans are hoarding vehicles, it's their ability to find/repair/hide them against yours.

Don't even imagine for a second that you as an individual can be more efficient than an organised group at this, it's pretty much normal that they have a monopoly on vehicles.

Ander said about despawning the cars outside of the map AFTER THEY ARE UNUSED FOR 24h!

Actually it's 24 hours for tents, if you read all of his posts in the thread, it's only about 6 hours for vehicles. The vehicle spawn time is also something like a week now (give or take a day or three for randomization) if I remember correctly, so if lots of cars are carelessly wrecked, or someone blows up a hoarders camp, then those vehicles will be gone for quite some time.

So, the majority of the non-exploded vehicles will be on the map, learn how to look for places people would hide them.

Doubling the amount of vehicles wont do much to prevent hoarding, giving each vehicle lots of different potential spawn points instead of one per mission ID might help though.

This is not wow, you don't "deserve" a mount/vehicle. I'm not in a clan with vehicles or anything btw. What i mean is that you don't "deserve" anything in this game, if clans are hoarding vehicles, it's their ability to find/repair/hide them against yours.

Don't even imagine for a second that you as an individual can be more efficient than an organised group at this, it's pretty much normal that they have a monopoly on vehicles.

They have a monopoly on vehicles, that's why ppl begin to form squads, not to be like them, but to blow up cars and destroy tents. Clans are hated by half the community, glad to see an adequate man.

I have never played wow and I'm never gonna to. I'm not an individual, we have a group of three. And you are speaking with the wow principles, where a single man can't pass an instance. That's shit in DayZ, because no group should ever think they're better them others. Even a single survivor can use such a mistake and strike a powerful blow.

Once I took out the entire group. You know the nw cherno hospital? There are also three 4-store houses opposite the hospital. I was lying at the one in the middle. Suddenly a Lada flies up to the hospital and stops. Three get out, one inside. Two head for the hospital, one looks for the 4-storys. I throw a grenade to the car, blow it and the guardian up, the other couple run up to the car, I shot one with AKM, the other quickly runs inside with zombies on him. He runs up, where I had put a steel hedgehog. He gets one floor down and begins to shoot zombies! So he's done too. The only bad thing was that when I was already leaving Cherno, I got shot from m107 while sitting in the car...(

Good idea, I appreciate! I've mentioned that there are too many destroyed vehicles, it's illogical. What made them trashed? They should be repairable, not all of course, about 15%.

i agree

I think the dev's should add Wine tbh. red and white, and ofcourse add some 'being drunk' effect to your screen... and wodka, what is russia without wodka!

i guess he was talking about hiding cars our of the map in debug zones e.t.c. Not just finding a good place to hide a car on the actual map. No problems if they are able to hide it inside the map, but ruining the game with using glitches and metagaming techniques is not so clever idea. When I say they hide vehicles outside, I mean it. It is not my guess. Its was 7 of us looking for any transpire. We all had GPS. Each person too one map sqaure (100m2). We started in SW part of the map (near Kamenka) and moved north in a straight line, looking under everystone. Everyone had binoculars. After reaching North of the map we turned East. So basically we searched every possible non-coastal part of the map and everything we found was an Old Bike. I was so grateful to the person who was brave enough to keep it at his own camp inside the map region I didnt even touch his belongings and this bike.

I'm alright with going on foot, but its funny and sad people've hidden all the car on the server I play at out of the map region.

I guess they just dont get the whole idea of this game.

But well meh. This is still an alfa.

In the end of the day, if this project continues its development most part of such blatant exploits will be gone.

I hope :)

Edited by RubTheRob