Sign in to follow this  
Bacon Surfboard

Dropped dead with 11347 blood, any ideas?

I'm at the NW Airfields solo and worked my way into the compound.

Hear small arms fire about 60 yards up from the barracks so scuttle into the tin shed inside the compound. I hear zombies dying outside and moaning in pain.

Silenced M4s.

Eventually 2 guys crouch run past the tin shed on the back side along the road where I am trying to get an angle on them with a DMR.

They disappear from view and I can't see them - then there is silenced rounds coming at me, the guy must be trying for an acute slice shot through the window. I go prone and back up a bit and get out the PDW. I hear one guy circling round to just outside and underneath me, so I'm abusing the shit out of 3rd person but no one is there in the doorway just yet - still prone.

Theeeeeeeen leaderboard "You died" with 11347 blood. Which is where it was from the last zombie that chewed my face a bit in the barracks,

Anyone else had something like this? Initially I wondered whether I took a frag grenade and maybe the client missed it. Who knows. I'm not calling them out as hackers or anything, they must have noticed a glitch on the wall or heard me take a step or whatever, I don't mind engaging people just curious wth happened...

I'll ask the admin to check the logs tomorrow I guess see if there is anything useful there,

Something like that happened to me not too long ago. Was just checking my map and out of nowhere "You are dead". 12,000 blood. No gunshot sounds, no bullet impact sounds (on me or the area around me), nothing was heard.

Sniped, if it is a one shot kill from a AS50 or M107, you will hear nothing. It does so much damage you die instantly. That is my guess.

Edited by Strawcrow
  • Like 1

I got hit once before in the face with an M24 when I was a scrub and yeah I did just drop dead without hearing anything but my blood was at like -7000.

50 cal round most likely. 1 shot kill anywhere on the body. Think a 50 cal does something like 30K + blood damage to the body(anywhere). So there's nothing you can do, and yeah...getting hit with a 50 in real life is certain death. Theres been confirmed reports of a 50 cal round cutting a man clean in half at 1000+ meters away. Think about that. :o

Sniped from the firestation, which is taller? They will see you even if you are in prone from there.

most likely sniped by as50, even from far you could still hear the m107, whereas the as50 is a lot quieter.

I checked with server admin - was a server de-synch.

I probably died as soon as the bullets were coming in, and looting my body whilst I thought I was crawling about.

most likely sniped by as50, even from far you could still hear the m107, whereas the as50 is a lot quieter.

If he was hit, he wouldn't have time to hear the gunshot. He'd be staring at the "YOU ARE DEAD" screen before the gunshot was heard on his end.

I dropped dead the other day - Had 12,000 Blood still at the 'You Are Dead' screen.

I'v been sniped for sure and heard sound/had -5000 Blood at the same screen.

This time I was running up a hillside FAR FAR West meeting a friend, and just dropped dead - heard no sounds, had 12k blood left.

Note: My friend was less then 100m away at this point so he would have heard any type of gun shots (sans SD) He could hear the flies but not locate my body.

Shit happens.

This has happened to me as well, yesterday actually. Was in an abandoned building, and BAM I suddenly drop dead. Without hearing any gunshots or anything. Couldn't have been a sniper, there was no one nearby. I concluded that I must have been shot while I was having network difficulties, that's my best assumption anyway.

Edited by theorix

If he was hit, he wouldn't have time to hear the gunshot. He'd be staring at the "YOU ARE DEAD" screen before the gunshot was heard on his end.

I've definitely been single shotted and still heard the shot.

I've also had a desych death. Was running across a file with my bro. All of a sudden he says I'm dead but I'm still running on my screen. About 20 seconds later the screen pops up.

I've definitely been single shotted and still heard the shot.

I've also had a desych death. Was running across a file with my bro. All of a sudden he says I'm dead but I'm still running on my screen. About 20 seconds later the screen pops up.

True, but it really depends on the weapon. If he was hit with the AS-50, at a range further than say 500m (Perfect range to take a shot with that gun), he wouldn't of heard it. All he would of heard was the crack of a bullet, if that. An M107, yeah...you might of heard it since it's damn loud. That's why I love mine. When you hear an M107 going off close by, it's a rather intimidating sound because most people associate that sound with a .50 BMG being fired. The AS-50 in comparison is like a single "Clink" sound. It's basically silent death. :P I've had both, and I still prefer the M107 however. I got my longest confirmed kill with it at 980M or there abouts. Broad daylight, no fog. And I hit him exactly where I aimed for. I zeroed for 1000, and aimed right around the neck area. The shot took about 2 seconds to reach the target. Probably a little more I'd say. I got lucky because at that range it's pretty damn hard to see a target, let alone pick a spot on the target you wish to hit. He was looting as well, which gave me my only shot opportunity. He was actually trying to loot someone on my teamspeak who just got taken down in cherno. I was nearby when he got dropped so I came running down south to the hill that over looks the factory district, and sure enough he climbed that damn ladder to the tower, and I waited until he crouched down. Bang. Good night.

Edited by KField86