wouldn`t it be possible to have friendly servers only, those bandits are anoying me to death.

you spend hours and days to survive and bang some off those bandits kill you and all those hours of gaming are wasted.

i love this mod, but with those bandits it makes no fun anymore, in fact i am so disapointed that i quit gaming the mod.

sad for the money i spended for playing this mod.

and if there will be a standalone of this mod one day i will just buy it if there is a singleplayer or real coop with friendly fire disabled.

to all those bandits: go and play bf3 or cod etc.

I think you made a bad decision when you bought the game just for the mod. You should have done some research to see if it is justifiable. For me, it was. I have been waiting years for something like this, I don't care about how buggy it is at the moment, it is an Alpha after all.

This clearly is not the kind of game for you, this is not a bad thing, it is just your opinion on how you want to play a game. Unfortunately, this is a game where pretty much anything goes, there is no two-ways about it.

I hope you find a compromise.

Obligatory answer: If you can't handle permadeath and non-consentual PVP, go play BF3 or COD etc.

This question has been asked over and over. The answer is that this is a sandbox mod about survival. Player killing is an integral part of this setting.

Don't like bandits? Shoot the bandits before they can shoot you, and take their gear.

The nature of this mod also makes it impossible to separate the servers from PVE and PVP without sharding the whole gameworld, and sharding is not part of the scope of this mod. Due to the central database, creating non-PVP servers would give PVPers the ability to safely farm equipment on PVE servers, then switch to PVP servers and kill everyone. Sharding would also massively increase the workload required by the DayZ team, who are already overworked as it is.

yes yes, i played operation flashpoint years ago and i enjoyed it.

but dayz runs in arma2 as "coop" and it wouldn`t be impossible to friendly servers and the teamplay and fun would be over the top.

the idea to survive versus tons of zombies and looking for loot etc is great i enjoy this part of the mod pretty much.

and no i won`t play bf3 or cod, i am not looking for pvp, and if this mod would exist in singlepayer i would not go to public servers if there wouldn`t be a "real" coop.

and i bet there are many people who feel and think the same.

so if there were pvp and "pwp"(people with people) everyone would be happy

The problem you're facing is that this is not a coop mod. It's a free-for-all sandbox mod.

The setting for this mod is survival, at any means possible. For some, that means being friendly, cooperating or staying at a distance. For others, this means murder, loot and pillage.

That is the nature of the mod. If this is not for you, look at the mod stickied at the top of this forum. That's a coop or singleplayer mod for you.

Hello forums user 'banditsareretarded', I'm nearly -10k humanity and I have killed myself with grenades a grand total of two times, fell in a lake in the dark once and lost all my gear, was accidentally shot in the head by my friends twice while playing, pissed off a door and was killed by it once, I regularly throw flares instead of bullets at zombies and one time accidentally ran off a deer stand at full sprint and broke my legs, went deaf and almost bled to death.

I know I have trouble with grasping certain things and at times I can appear slow on the uptake but I try super hard, so I do, and I've got eleven stars on my chart this week. Please be more considerate to my feelings. Staying alive is hard work and even harder when people are saying mean things.

The op's hatred for bandits is huge, hence username and

£/$10 say that the OP is a bandit or will be a bandit in the future.

Zombies are just an obstacle. Non-PvP would be unbearably boring. You'd have a good time for an hour or two before it got dull. Zombies generally take 1-2 hits from most guns, run at you predictably, are avoidable and rarely drop anything.

Bandits are the real threats in the game. You generally have two types of bandits:

IRL shit-heads who kill people for fun, and cautious players who would simply rather kill than be killed.

The thought that you might be being hunted down, the idea that the guy you're teaming up with is just as nervous and suspicious of you as you are of him, and the risk-reward of potentially gaining another players valuables versus losing your own, is all central to the game. If you're sitting around with your IRL buddies shooting at zombies and not bothering being quiet so that bandits don't come for you.. you're simply doing it wrong.

no i am not a bandit and i don`t want to be\get one.

it is clear that my hatred for bandits is huge, after many deaths by spawn-killer and survivors saying they are friendly, shooting you from behind in your head just to get your loot and while fighting a bunch of zombies getting sniped by a bandit.

anyway what`s your matter of having friendly servers?

do you all fear to be on servers without survivors just bandits killing each other?

many times i had the chance to kill bandits or survivors but i didn`t.

and it is not the fact that you loose all your stuff when you die, no my problem is how.

I would really like a full list of the places the OP died and by what method. I would then like to plot those places on the Chernarus map.

What you are asking for is a totally different game, and one that have been done times and times again. You are the perfect exemple of player this game doesn't need. You are the definition of carebear. Getting killed and social interaction such as trust or fear are key elements to the experience of the mod, without it you have nothing more than all the others zombies you can already find. In your world, you would love to fight against braindead bandit NPC easily abusable, in our world, we fight against intelligent human being with many original to get your loot or simply kill you.

Anyway, there is a new game on steam called Resident Evil: Operation raccon city that fit your description really well.

10/10 for making about half the community mad

also, there is a unofficial singleplayer here somewhere look it up

I would really like a full list of the places the OP died and by what method. I would then like to plot those places on the Chernarus map.

I imagine the scatter pattern would be quite tight.

I imagine the scatter pattern would be quite tight.

Chern west and east hospitals for eyes, town hall for a nose and the docks for a mouth. He's smiling at us.

wouldn`t it be possible to have friendly servers only' date=' those bandits are anoying me to death.

you spend hours and days to survive and bang some off those bandits kill you and all those hours of gaming are wasted.

i love this mod, but with those bandits it makes no fun anymore, in fact i am so disapointed that i quit gaming the mod.

sad for the money i spended for playing this mod.

and if there will be a standalone of this mod one day i will just buy it if there is a singleplayer or real coop with friendly fire disabled.

[/quote']

I feel your frustration, but if you play smart and careful, and have companions to help you out, you can last a long time in the wild. If there were no bandits, you might as well run around in the editor...

no i do not feel bad, its my opininion and you know, in this world everyone can and should have his opinion.

i do not see why all those people are flaming around here, tastes are different.

i was just asking to have "friendly" servers or singleplayer for this mod to enjoy it without those childish behavior from bandits and unhonest survivor.

and again what`s wrong with that?

and it wouldn`t be a complete different game, because most of the time when you run your way up to the nw airfield in the woods you meet nobody.

and if you are there: bum you are dead, shooted by a bandit who is camping there.

so 90% of the game you are walking around just to die if you reach your destination.

no need to hate on me, just telling the truth.

it would harm anybody to have singleplayer or friendly only servers, so what`s your problem?

and my nick....well they don`t let me play like i want, so they deserve it.

so 90% of the game you are walking around just to die if you reach your destination.

Yeah' date=' because 73.7% of all internet statistics are made up.

and my nick....well they don`t let me play like i want, so they deserve it.

Right, because nobody knows the r word isn't used to put down people with learning disabilities. If you were on my forum, you'd fucking be banhammered on sight.

TKJ

why so agressiv?

it is a forum and erverybody may have his point of view

so there are other zombie mods where you loot and sneak without the pvp based on arma2?

give link please

why so agressiv? it is a forum and erverybody may have his point of view

Simple.

I have friends and co-workers who have children with special needs such as ADD' date=' ADHD and Down Syndrome. Whenever I see people use the word [i']retarded, and then walk around like it means nothing, I think about the kids who are referred to with this derogatory term, and whose parents have to deal with it.

It's thoughtless and it's offensive, regardless of what anybody says. Whether or not it's offensive to you is irrelevant.

TKJ