I don't get it. The very reason to play this mod is because of this constant danger, because you can lose everything. Otherwise what's the point? This mod doesn't even have all that much content. If there was no pvp you could go to the airfield in a day, gear up with the best the game has to offer and then you'd quit, cause there would be nothing else to do.

Op, get out. Dudes like you have tons of other games, pls dont come here and try to ruin the next one.

OP, if you want a friendly server... host one. Email the staff saying you want to donate a server, and do whatever needs to be done to disable PVP. I do not agree with it, and think you're playing the wrong mod, but Rocket himself has said he wants the game to be what people make it to be. You and your idea may be unpopular (your offensive name and wanting to change a beloved mod's style form the norm), but you want something from it that others do not.

So in that case, if no one here wants to take the effort to host a non PVP server, then you do it. If you can't, then research other zombie based missions for ARMA II CO that are non PVP. I do not know any myself. Or, play L4D/L4D2 or Dead Island.

I'm not surprised by the amount of hostility towards the OP given his offensive name and the way he presents his idea/request, and the general hostility on display in these forums. Can't you see the logical fallacy in telling him to f off because he wants to play the game his own way, whilst simulatenously praising the mod for allowing precisely that?

Post #27; Why would he ruin the mod by running a server you are free not to play on? The mod is not going to change, and you won't be affected by it in the least. Just go on some other server.

There seems to be this line of thinking that because there are no rules, there must be no rules! Clearly that is not the case. We are free to make up our own informal codes of conduct as we play, and persuade others to follow them. The same applies to forming groups. People who disagree are free to ignore these ideas or people and just do whatever the engine allows.

Similarly, if you don't want to go on his proposed "friendly" co-op server, then don't...

why so agressiv?

it is a forum and erverybody may have his point of view

so there are other zombie mods where you loot and sneak without the pvp based on arma2?

give link please

If you have no hostile players in the game, and you want to loot and sneak, I suggest you buy Crawling Past Zombies for Six Hours Simulator 5 off Steam, as it's currently on sale at the moment. I think it might be bundled with Toddlers Crawling Past Parents Simulator 8, which would be a pretty good deal actually.

i say lol to those aggressiv posts in this threat.

you know what?

keep it as it is, me and my friends will find another game

we gonna see how happy you will be in a few weeks, when the hype has gone with just a few hardcore fanboys on the servers, great fun to you

i am done with it.

Killing everone else is "insert half brained pseudo-psycho babble here".

If you dont know what he means by being unfair then its because your one of those creeps also. the fact that you need to keep defending yourself is proof you know you suck. face it running around killing people in the game is nothing like real life. in real life even in the wild west, you got caught. in the game you cant and dont. in rl there arent people from all over the world spawning into a small area killing then disappearing. its unbalanced and unplayable and if it isnt evened out, this mod will be dead in a 3 months. face it its going to be only bandits vs bandits and then the mod is no longer a survival game.

I rarely get killed by other players. I did however get killed last night after a lot of time going north. It really sucked...And it wasn't a bandit (well he didn't have the skin), so anyone can be an ass. For me the spawn campers aren't the asses. It's (like the one that got me) the people that know what you had to go through to get where you were. To just shoot you without warning or any type of communication. I was just blown away by it. Guy was just in a tree line waaay up north (in Krasnostav) just sitting there prone doing nothing...until I came he postured up and BAM, I'm dead. He got to see who he killed too, which kinda angers me as well. I couldn't see who killed me. So I can't avenge my death! Dammit! Hehe. I'm finding it hard to go back 'cause all the time it took. Now I have nothing to show for it. I'm definitely going back though at some point. I love this game...for some reason. Maybe its the map how big and beautiful it is? Maybe its what I haven't found yet? I don't know I just do. The other players in it though are just a backdrop for me. I really don't care for them, but sometimes I'm glad they're there. Hehe.

Haha Grandmont, you got to be kidding me? Boring? Everything is a threat. Z's can and will one shot you (not kill you in one hit but...). If one is aggro'd the whole fucking town comes. If there's no building to enter to slow their roll or when your back peddling you get fucked. And one breaks your legs from one hit your dead. By the time you inject morphine your already bleeding to death. So then you have to bandage, if your not already knocked the fuck out. The animation takes forever so by the time that's done, your dead. Sure you can say noob this and that. Try harder blah blah blah. But with the sound being inaccurate (how close they're to you) and not being able to use 3rd person on some servers. Shit happens. To each their own I guess. I find z's fun though.

For me i don't mind bandits note bandits, because if you come at me with 2 people and tell me to drop my gear, ok cool i'm fine with that.

But when you just open fire an kill everyone you see, that does ruin the entire game. Because then it's turned into those pos games like COD or BF3.

Also killing people has no satisfaction because thats just easy, but forcing someone to drop their gear and give up there weapons and/or ammo thats hard and thus very fun.

Plus lets face it what is more entertaining knowing you sent a person out into the world with nothing to defend themselves with, or knowing they'll just respawn soon with gear again.

I'm not surprised by the amount of hostility towards the OP given his offensive name and the way he presents his idea/request' date=' and the general hostility on display in these forums. Can't you see the logical fallacy in telling him to f off because he wants to play the game his own way, whilst simulatenously praising the mod for allowing precisely that?

Post #27; Why would he ruin the mod by running a server you are free not to play on? The mod is not going to change, and you won't be affected by it in the least. Just go on some other server.

There seems to be this line of thinking that because there are no rules, there must be no rules! Clearly that is not the case. We are free to make up our own informal codes of conduct as we play, and persuade others to follow them. The same applies to forming groups. People who disagree are free to ignore these ideas or people and just do whatever the engine allows.

Similarly, if you don't want to go on his proposed "friendly" co-op server, then don't...

[/quote']

Actually his way would ruin the game for the rest of us. It lets people farm up gear easy, and then when they get bored head to PVP. Thus either making more bandits, or encouraging bandits with less risk. People have been saying this for a long time, and yet people still do not get the point you cannot have PVE without killing PVP. I find the majority of players complain stay on the coast, that is their own fault. Most of these players would be better off playing Dead Island, than Dayz. Some people need to face the fact Dayz isn't for them, as it is a PVP game. I personally like bandits, you can get some good gear off them.

to all those bandits: go and play bf3 or cod etc.

I offer the same advice to you. Bandits are very much a core aspect of the game, if you dont like them, i advise another game.

If you have no hostile players in the game' date=' and you want to loot and sneak, I suggest you buy Crawling Past Zombies for Six Hours Simulator 5 off Steam, as it's currently on sale at the moment. I think it might be bundled with Toddlers Crawling Past Parents Simulator 8, which would be a pretty good deal actually.

[/quote']

LOL! +1

I think it might be bundled with Toddlers Crawling Past Parents Simulator 8' date=' which would be a pretty good deal actually.

[/quote']

vastly overrated game, seriously lacking in good AI, parents didn't even burp me when I needed it

i say lol to those aggressiv posts in this threat.

you know what?

keep it as it is' date=' me and my friends will find another game

we gonna see how happy you will be in a few weeks, when the hype has gone with just a few hardcore fanboys on the servers, great fun to you

i am done with it.

[/quote']

lolnoway. QQ some moar homebwoy.