Sign in to follow this  
Miragenz

Camp Griefing

I'm torn on it, it's valid because it stops them from immediately re-gearing on the off chance that you kill them but at the same time i think it would really suck to have everything you've spent so long building up destroyed. Plus it would come in handy if you're ever in the area and feel like stopping in to help yourself to some goods.

We have been inviting anyone who stumbles upon our camp to join us lol, usually is always someone there. Our camp has gotten so big and with so many vechs it takes even 10 of us a few hours to move everything so we figured it would be easier just to invite the new people then to move everything after a raid. I think we got like 18 people now using our camp, and 23 vechs fun stuff.

At the time it doesnt matter it seems since the camp just comes back with all the loot still in it.

Also yeah, they cant run back and get new loot, however the camps are usually up north so it will take a good hour for them to get gear and pose a threat again.

Hoarding vehicles is still bullshit however, they just park a dozen vehicles at the camp and they are there untouched most of the time.

And sure, if they know someone looted it they might want to gun them down, however they would do that in the first place i imagine and they have no clue as to when this guy was there and when he will return, so if they want to camp ..in their camp... thats only their loss.

so if given the chance you would blow up the NW barracks and the cherno/stary tents just so no one gets any high end loot?

In a heartbeat if I could do so legitimately in the game.

I'm not sure what server you were on, but this sounds a lot like my groups camp. We were raided, so we picked up the left overs, took down all the wire and hedge hogs and ran over the tents so you hermit crabs don't leech off out efforts. Abandoned camp yes. do I need it? No. Do I think you need it? No.

I'm not sure what server you were on, but this sounds a lot like my groups camp. We were raided, so we picked up the left overs, took down all the wire and hedge hogs and ran over the tents so you hermit crabs don't leech off out efforts. Abandoned camp yes. do I need it? No. Do I think you need it? No.

Too bad the tents and loot respawn. Or they did atleast.

i do it because its healthy. People in this game have serious issues with loss , i feel its only right for them to wake up to the reality of dayZ.

i do it because its healthy. People in this game have serious issues with loss , i feel its only right for them to wake up to the reality of dayZ.

Fairly sure everyone loses shit the entire time, players, zombies,. bugs, glitches

I flattened someones camp yesterday ..it was fun.

remember that guy who would destroy sand castles.. thats you.

I flattened someones camp yesterday ..it was fun.

Good for you.

so if given the chance you would blow up the NW barracks and the cherno/stary tents just so no one gets any high end loot?

Of course. That is, if I had already cleaned it out first. Another option would be to snipe the location from a distance, but in theory yeah, that's the smart thing to do. Yes the liklihood of another loner finding X location followed by your location is low, but low is not zero. Some players tail other players for very long distances. I can't carry every single weapon I find, so if you are tailing me with a makarov and I clear out all of the zombies in the area, take what I want and leave the rest to you, you could very well wind up with an AK and gun me down an hour later.

Playing it safe is the name of the game. Denying other players loot is playing it safe. Yeah, it's a jerk thing to do perhaps, but I'd rather be a living jerk than a dead nice guy. It's the same logic as wiring doorways in firestations. You'll have a hard time beating an M104 with a makarov, but that only applies If i keep you from obtaining a better weapon.

how can you NOT do this when they leave frag grenades inside thier tents LOL, flattened 3 camps with grenades so far, feels good

Of course. That is, if I had already cleaned it out first. Another option would be to snipe the location from a distance, but in theory yeah, that's the smart thing to do. Yes the liklihood of another loner finding X location followed by your location is low, but low is not zero. Some players tail other players for very long distances. I can't carry every single weapon I find, so if you are tailing me with a makarov and I clear out all of the zombies in the area, take what I want and leave the rest to you, you could very well wind up with an AK and gun me down an hour later.

Playing it safe is the name of the game. Denying other players loot is playing it safe. Yeah, it's a jerk thing to do perhaps, but I'd rather be a living jerk than a dead nice guy. It's the same logic as wiring doorways in firestations. You'll have a hard time beating an M104 with a makarov, but that only applies If i keep you from obtaining a better weapon.

So does destroying any loot area include hosptile and medical tents because they could always just get a bandage.

Edited by Orthus

simple, i take the gear i want/need destory the rest, now if i kill you you have to spend lots of time getting back gear which is time your not chasing through the woods looking for me, and a side benefit if your the sort to go ghilie at churno now you cant ... im providing a community service

simple, i take the gear i want/need destory the rest, now if i kill you you have to spend lots of time getting back gear which is time your not chasing through the woods looking for me, and a side benefit if your the sort to go ghilie at churno now you cant ... im providing a community service

what about all the collateral damage your doing to friendly players or medics, or even traders? do you not think about them?

Last day I was playing a friend found 3 tents on a mountain near Bor, I think it was, and we took everything and then set bear traps around the camp.

So they get messed up, crawl to their tent to find none of their medical supplies anymore and curse the world.

Not because I'm an asshat, just because I would laugh if it happened to me. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, right? ;P

Well, it's a risk having a camp. Plenty of good places to hide them, people just need to be smarter with the tent placement.

Basic stuff like don't make a camp between 2 important locations. For example don't place a camp between Stary Sobor and Polena or Mogilevka and Staroye for example. Somebody is bound to talk directly from A to B locations and stumble across it.

Edited by -lOldBoyl-

I found a large-ish camp myself, stuffed with a lot of good weapons. Took all I could carry and thought about blowing it up, but decided it'd be best to leave it there and pay occasional visits in order to, eh, borrow some more stuff later. Did my second repeat visit today, and I could say I'm a happy customer.

and did you rember to save the tents afterwards? becasue if not your helping to dupe gear ...and thats another +1 for running them the hell over or blowing them up

Did you ever play Eve Online? In this game you can attack and destroy a clan's base that took months to build.

You can do that on some Minecraft servers too.

That's full PvP, that's fun, there's no other reason.

Edited by Kiro

I don't grief someone's camp if I find it.. I just mark it on the map ;)

why are people so nasty so eachother in this game? omg

becasue this game was designed to be a harsh brutal affair, the Z's turned out tame but the player base stepped up to balance it

becasue this game was designed to be a harsh brutal affair, the Z's turned out tame but the player base stepped up to balance it

Not all players are being harsh to one another.

Edited by Orthus

You can't compare barracks or miltents to player spawned tents.....