Sign in to follow this  
Miragenz

Camp Griefing

If you play on a EU server or US, or what so ever, you choose a server with best ping for you, are you living in Eu, US, China or what so ever, that guy who have this stuff probably have the same timezone. Oh and btw, patient is one of the key word in this game.

I don't mainly focus on the server location, Because zombies are always a little bit weird so it doesn't make any difference. But yeah if you play on EA server and it's daytime you might see them.

It was most likely moved, I see no reason for someone to flatten somebody elses camp. Or maybe just maybe it must've been a heartless troll :(

the only time ive ever done this was when i found about 5 cars and 12 tents me and my buddy took what we wanted and used the grenades we found there to blow the camp up who ever had the camp must of had it for quite a while there was 4 or more every item i can think off

It was most likely moved, I see no reason for someone to flatten somebody elses camp. Or maybe just maybe it must've been a heartless troll :(

Well thats my thought, but can you still duplicate tents and whatnot?

the only time ive ever done this was when i found about 5 cars and 12 tents me and my buddy took what we wanted and used the grenades we found there to blow the camp up who ever had the camp must of had it for quite a while there was 4 or more every item i can think off

Must have been atleast 50+ tents

Um I would do the same thing if I found the camp I would loot all the shit from it then mess the base up so everyone's at a disadvantage its a good idea, just because the games going to be tougher for you doesn't mean you should complain about it

Destroying someones camp site is no different then shooting someone.....you force them to start over. People do it because A. it's hilarious or B. defending what they have and when you play the game long enough you run out of things to do so running over and huge camp would be something entertaining to someone that is bored

narrow.......minded

I found a large-ish camp myself, stuffed with a lot of good weapons. Took all I could carry and thought about blowing it up, but decided it'd be best to leave it there and pay occasional visits in order to, eh, borrow some more stuff later. Did my second repeat visit today, and I could say I'm a happy customer.

Edited by takfar

I've been doing the same thing now that I've learned to survive in the wilds. My long walks through all the wilderness areas have revealed several camps, and I've been able to resupply at them more than once before they get shut down.

I've been doing the same thing now that I've learned to survive in the wilds. My long walks through all the wilderness areas have revealed several camps, and I've been able to resupply at them more than once before they get shut down.

im spending ages up north nowadays, not finding anything at all.

im spending ages up north nowadays, not finding anything at all.

Have you checked prominent landmarks? I've found a stupid amount of stuff stashed at rock formations, lakes, that northeastern inlet, and Pobeda Dam. I guess it makes it easier for them to remember where their tents are.

Have you checked prominent landmarks? I've found a stupid amount of stuff stashed at rock formations, lakes, that northeastern inlet, and Pobeda Dam. I guess it makes it easier for them to remember where their tents are.

Just the areas where i would expect things to be, but since i keep losing my bicycle/atv and motorcycles due to server restarts and overall bugs and glitches it takes ages to get somewhere.

Was that my camp? lol

We noticed someone took some M4's and stuff and our Bike was missing so I flattened it and moved it across the map to a more remote place.

Just the areas where i would expect things to be, but since i keep losing my bicycle/atv and motorcycles due to server restarts and overall bugs and glitches it takes ages to get somewhere.

I know what you mean. I lost my first car to a server restart, and then again to a BattlEye kick. I just finished using a Ural which ended in a kick, but I got what I needed out of it. Keep checking landmarks, you'd be surprised what's out there.

Visiting a camp, taking what you want, and then leaving the rest in tact is nice and all. The problem with that from a survival standpoint is two things in my mind. 1: The owners of the camp may know they were robbed, and wait for the thief to return and bullet him. 2: Any number of other loners like yourself may happen upon the site, these are people who are likely to shoot you on sight, and you allowed them access to much better tools for the job.

I have flattened camps in the past. And I have left others be. It depends on the camps location in relation to where me and my friends operate. If it is close by, we consider it a threat and wipe it. If it is far away, we consider it a resource pool and raid it on occasion.

I've never had to, but if I saw a camp, I'd destroy it. In a way, you're doing a favor for them by giving them more stuff to do (as in, start over). Imagine if you had a camp filled with every weapon imaginable, all the vehicles on the server, and all the food and drink you need until DayZ standalone is launched because your camp was never touched. Not once.

How fun would that be? Not very.

I've done it on multiple occasions. One less person that I kill that I have to worry about running straight back to his camp to gear up with high quality equipment to come and become a threat to me again. Call it trolling all you want, it's a valid tactic. Tents get found every hour of every day.

I got banned from a server for doing this. Apparently finding admins camps = hacking

I got banned from a server for doing this. Apparently finding admins camps = hacking

My character is Asian so I ban for Racism. ;)

Visiting a camp, taking what you want, and then leaving the rest in tact is nice and all. The problem with that from a survival standpoint is two things in my mind. 1: The owners of the camp may know they were robbed, and wait for the thief to return and bullet him. 2: Any number of other loners like yourself may happen upon the site, these are people who are likely to shoot you on sight, and you allowed them access to much better tools for the job.

I'm willing to run those risks. Camps are rarely guarded 24/7, and when I return I glass it and any high ground from a distance first. The chances of another lone wolf also finding the camp, arming himself, and then finding me in the wilderness is low.

Being able to resupply from camps is more valuable to me than denying it to others.

So the other day i found a huge camp on the edge of the map, alot of tents filled with ammo, guns, medicines, car parts, tons of items really.

i went through there abit and got some ammo and whatnot, then leaving the camp on one of their bicycles.

Now a day later i decided to return there to see if anything happend, and surely, the entire camp has been flattened.

Now i wonder, who does such a thing? Why would anyone ruin a camp like that? You can take items you want from it and leave, and come back there when you want some more ammo or whatever. By ruining it you dont help anyone, and i find it a shitty thing to do to ruin an entire camp like that were some people have spend alot of time on.

I dont care if you loot it and steal their vehicles, but completely destroying it seems so pointless and cruel.

Anyways i'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

I don't think this is such a horrible thing TBH. It's currently a part of the game and a way to prevent forces from growing to too large of a threat on servers.

so if given the chance you would blow up the NW barracks and the cherno/stary tents just so no one gets any high end loot?

I found a large camp for the first time when I was lost up north recently, and did not destroy the tents.

In all honesty I just wanted to get out of there safely with my loot before the owners returned.

Because it forces the camp owners to find new guns rather than dupe them again and again and have an easy place to get near gear after they die.

Also, they moved it.