Sign in to follow this  
Miragenz

Camp Griefing

So the other day i found a huge camp on the edge of the map, alot of tents filled with ammo, guns, medicines, car parts, tons of items really.

i went through there abit and got some ammo and whatnot, then leaving the camp on one of their bicycles.

Now a day later i decided to return there to see if anything happend, and surely, the entire camp has been flattened.

Now i wonder, who does such a thing? Why would anyone ruin a camp like that? You can take items you want from it and leave, and come back there when you want some more ammo or whatever. By ruining it you dont help anyone, and i find it a shitty thing to do to ruin an entire camp like that were some people have spend alot of time on.

I dont care if you loot it and steal their vehicles, but completely destroying it seems so pointless and cruel.

Anyways i'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

• Like 9

Ever occured to you that maybe, just maybe the owner of the camp found that it's been ransacked and then decide that the most logical course of action is to move everything to a different spot?

I just set up my first camp and vehicle and really hope that doesnt happen to me anytime soon.

I know it's an eventuality but I would like to have it for a few days.

Destroying someones camp site is no different then shooting someone.....you force them to start over. People do it because A. it's hilarious or B. defending what they have and when you play the game long enough you run out of things to do so running over and huge camp would be something entertaining to someone that is bored

When Im running around if I find a campsite like this (and I have a vehicle) I will flatten it also. The reason is pretty much the same as the reason you shoot on sight most of the time. It is a premptive defense.

1) You see someone and dont shoot them, chances are they will shoot you. By that point it is pretty much too late to do anything about it as you are probably dead. So the only defense is to shoot first.

2) Campsites are the same way. They are a location that other players can easily re-equip at when they die. This represents a threat to you (see point 1). So you stop the threat before it gets you killed.

Edited by Redshift

...but completely destroying it seems so pointless and cruel.

What, as opposed to shoot on sight, camping the coast etc.?

This game draws asshats like flies to shit. Get used to it.

• Like 1

Thing is, you don't know whose camp it is. Could be some nice guys, could be some bandits, could be some sociopathic jags. Sure, you could take your fill and move on, but you can't just stop by to fill up any time you want. You're likely to get shot.

Some people do it just for kicks (think all those videos with that horrible laughter), others do it to neutralize potential threats. Simple as that.

When Im running around if I find a campsite like this (and I have a vehicle) I will flatten it also. The reason is pretty much the same as the reason you shoot on sight most of the time. It is a premptive defense.

1) You see someone and dont shoot them, chances are they will shoot you. By that point it is pretty much too late to do anything about it as you are probably dead. So the only defense is to shoot first.

2) Campsites are the same way. They are a location that other players can easily re-equip at when they die. This represents a threat to you (see point 1). So you stop the threat before it gets you killed.

Yup.

What, as opposed to shoot on sight, camping the coast etc.?

This game draws asshats like flies to shit. Get used to it.

Others can resupply there, but its the same for you, it gives them as much as an advantage as an disadvantage.

Shooting someone out of self defense in the heat of the moment is something as as casually driving over 50 tents because you're bored.

I'm well aware of people being asshats, and i know people will ruin camps anyways, but i tend to wonder why.

Just to see if you can? Not everyone gets off to the same things you do. Perhaps someone was laughing maniacally while flattening the tents with a bicycle. Wait a second... Op had a bicycle!

Who said that it was someone else that ruined the camp just for fun?

Camp location is compromised, owner moves all the stuff away to prevent further raids against his camp

OP doesn't seem to get it though....still talks about "ruining camps"

Edited by Hawk24

So the other day i found a huge camp on the edge of the map, alot of tents filled with ammo, guns, medicines, car parts, tons of items really.

i went through there abit and got some ammo and whatnot, then leaving the camp on one of their bicycles.

Now a day later i decided to return there to see if anything happend, and surely, the entire camp has been flattened.

Now i wonder, who does such a thing? Why would anyone ruin a camp like that? You can take items you want from it and leave, and come back there when you want some more ammo or whatever. By ruining it you dont help anyone, and i find it a shitty thing to do to ruin an entire camp like that were some people have spend alot of time on.

I dont care if you loot it and steal their vehicles, but completely destroying it seems so pointless and cruel.

Anyways i'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Are you using a sniper? If so, why didn't you hide and wait till they come with a car or something, and snipe them down? :)

Are you using a sniper? If so, why didn't you hide and wait till they come with a car or something, and snipe them down? :)

You can do that, But also you don't know what timezone those guys live in. They could be offline sleeping/eating etc.

Yes, You can risk a lot of time waiting there but why should he ??

• Like 1

Who said that it was someone else that ruined the camp just for fun?

Camp location is compromised, owner moves all the stuff away to prevent further raids against his camp

OP doesn't seem to get it though....still talks about "ruining camps"

Because i think its weird you would flatten your tents rather then take them to build a new camp.

Dallas 69

Ok, wasn't us.

We just did this to our camp.

Someone stole our bike and ATVs so we moved the camp and blew the old one up.

Thought it was you. :D

You can do that, But also you don't know what timezone those guys live in. They could be offline sleeping/eating etc.

Yes, You can risk a lot of time waiting there but why should he ??

If you play on a EU server or US, or what so ever, you choose a server with best ping for you, are you living in Eu, US, China or what so ever, that guy who have this stuff probably have the same timezone. Oh and btw, patient is one of the key word in this game.

If you play on a EU server or US, or what so ever, you choose a server with best ping for you, are you living in Eu, US, China or what so ever, that guy who have this stuff probably have the same timezone. Oh and btw, patient is one of the key word in this game.

From the EU, but playing on a US server. However i don't see why i'd wait to snipe them I don't have any special reason to wait for the owners of the camp other then kills and loot, which i can get easier from other players if i wanted too.

From the EU, but playing on a US server. However i don't see why i'd wait to snipe them I don't have any special reason to wait for the owners of the camp other then kills and loot, which i can get easier from other players if i wanted too.

I see. I just say that patient is your friend here. And everyone wants a driveable vehicle.

I see. I just say that patient is your friend here. And everyone wants a driveable vehicle.

I have.. or well i had a bicycle untill the server restarted like 30 minutes ago, i'm on the other side of the map right now near one of my other tents, which is also empty now though.

I do prefer a bicycle over a car though. But i'll take whatever i can get my hands on.

However i'm not going to wait hours at some camp just because there is a small chance someone will show up there with a vehicle.