Sign in to follow this  
FiVeosix

No Message Received - Lost all items

I've recently bought DayZ with arma co from steam and i started playing for 2-3 days now and every time i had issues with zombies (i was noob)

now that i've finally understood the game i went to scavange alot of items and suddenly i got "No message received for xx seconds" and this kept stacking up to around 80-90s and then i got disconnected- when i logged back into the game i had lost all my items....

this is the 3d time this has happend to me - the other 2 times i had no items of value or anything that i would get sad about but this time i spent quite alot of time getting what ever i could find + a big bag--

TL;DR : No message received for xx seconds -> Got disconnect > logged back in > had lost all my items x3

So i want to know if this is something i need to get used to? my internet is very stable and good speed (i get around 10-30ms on all Europe servers) -

IS there a way to prevent this? because i can't see my self playing if i keep getting disconnected at random times and random places just to come back and have lost all my items and spawn on a shore again.

NOTE** - This happend at random places - Running in the forest (no aggro) - crouching in town - being afk -

Thanks-

I think it happens when servers crash.

When you disconnect or lose connection, the server sends your data (position on the map, inventory, health...) to the main server (the hive). But if the server crashes before you disconnect, then the server can't send your data, and your progression isn't saved.

If you want to make sure your progression is saved, disconnect often to let the server you're on send the data.

This happens when a server is about to restart, but usually before every restart it saves your progress.

But since patch 1.7.2 the servers has been shaky to say the least, like yesterday I lost 3 hours of playing because of a rollback. Me and my friend went up to explore north with our veichle, gathered tons of good supplies and everything was good, until the server restart... logged back in, our veichle was gone, all my items were gone, i spawned at the point me and my friend started.

But today it's been better, so think the servers were stressed or something when they released 1.7.2 ... it should be okay now, or u could w8 for the hotfix patch 1.7.2.1

Thanks for the info guys, ill be sure to log out every now and then or when ever i feel like i have something of worth :)

• Like 1