Sign in to follow this  
Nex (DayZ)

New beta patch, 1.61

Yeah i just installed the new 94876 beta patch about a hour ago. I can join servers fine .. There ain't that many running this new beta patch but there are some, Maybe about 10 i see for now ... I can still play the game fine.

Give it time they will slowly update.

True, but my host Vilayer still isn't giving me the option to update to beta 94700, let alone 94876. So I can't play on my own server for the time being

I just rolled back my beta patch version and it works fine:

Delete the folder "beta" in "<arma2_root>\Expansion".

Download beta patch version 94700, install with the .exe as usual. Done.

This is with a retail install, if you use steam you have to copy executables or whatever.

Well thank you sir. That seems like a good alternative to reinstalling the whole game! Gonna try that out!

Here you are fellow survivors:

to revert, if the uninstaller don't works, download the 94700 patch ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94700.zip , download the original 1.60 Operation Arrowhead .exe (http://www.mediafire...1boywk1ckx9f554 ) (you can extract it with winrar/7zip) and:

1. go to arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion folder and delete the "beta" folder

2. return to the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder and rename/delete arma2oa.exe

3. extract the .exe from the archive (arma2oa160.7z) inside the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder

4. install beta patch 94700 (don't forget to copy arma2oa.exe from the beta folder inside the main folder, paste and overwrite).

5. ???

6. profit

Edited by Andrej Dudev
  • Like 3

True, but my host Vilayer still isn't giving me the option to update to beta 94700, let alone 94876. So I can't play on my own server for the time being

Install it yourself with FTP access.

to revert, if the uninstaller don't works, download the 94700 patch ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94700.zip , download the original 1.60 Operation Arrowhead .exe (http://www.mediafire...1boywk1ckx9f554 ) (you can extract it with winrar/7zip) and:

1. go to arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion folder and delete the "beta" folder

2. return to the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder and rename/delete arma2oa.exe

3. extract the .exe from the archive (arma2oa160.7z) inside the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder

4. install beta patch 94700 (don't forget to copy arma2oa.exe from the beta folder inside the main folder, paste and overwrite).

5. ???

6. profit

Confirmed!

Thanks, you just saved me a lot of time!!

5. ???

6. profit

WORKED, Thx hero

5. ???

6. profit

Would this work with the Steam version?

5. ???

6. profit

5. ???

6. profit

Confirmed worked thanks

Cheers for the post, had been wondering what had gone wrong.

After trying to get the single player game working (Arma II - DayZ stops you from using all the weapons in Armory etc.) it busted all my launch options, then once I got it all working again I found I couldn't connect to most servers with the latest Beta patch, it's been a right mare!

set up an account to reply to this... hope it helps someone... i was using an automatic updater and getting locked out of servers after the beta 1.61... i switched to the recomended 6 updater which didnt work for me originally and it finally let me in a server on the second try... so i installed 6 and ran it... got stuck waiting for host... hit esc... went back to multiplayer menu in game... and it worked for me after that...

set up an account to reply to this... hope it helps someone... i was using an automatic updater and getting locked out of servers after the beta 1.61... i switched to the recomended 6 updater which didnt work for me originally and it finally let me in a server on the second try... so i installed 6 and ran it... got stuck waiting for host... hit esc... went back to multiplayer menu in game... and it worked for me after that...