Sign in to follow this  
Nex (DayZ)

New beta patch, 1.61

Had no idea, the new beta patch will update arma to 1.61, now can't join ANY server at all, anyone else is experiencing this?

HOW TO REVERT:

to revert, if the uninstaller don't works, download the 94700 patch ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94700.zip , download the original 1.60 Operation Arrowhead .exe (http://www.mediafire...1boywk1ckx9f554 ) (you can extract it with winrar/7zip) and:

1. go to arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion folder and delete the "beta" folder

2. return to the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder and rename/delete arma2oa.exe

3. extract the .exe from the archive (arma2oa160.7z) inside the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder

4. install beta patch 94700 (don't forget to copy arma2oa.exe from the beta folder inside the main folder, paste and overwrite).

5. ???

6. profit

Edited by Nex

Yep, just noticed it. Can not connect anywhere now,, and really don't feel doing a reinstal just to be able to roll back.

It surprises me nobody else was reporting this. Would have guessed more people would jump on the latest beta patch all the time

Guess there's nothing to do but wait until servers start updating to beta 94876

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

Yep, just noticed it. Can not connect anywhere now,, and really don't feel doing a reinstal just to be able to roll back.

It surprises me nobody else was reporting this. Would have guessed more people would jump on the latest beta patch all the time

Guess there's nothing to do but wait until servers start updating to beta 94876

Might take a while then. :/

I installed the latest beta from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ and it put me at 1.60.94700. I'm having issues with loot not showing.

Should I have installed 1.61?

Strange.

I would advise you not to update to beta 94876 because that will make it a lot harder to connect to any servers at all. So stay at 94700 untill more servers will be updating.

I've got the newest beta installed and not experiencing any issues. :unsure:

Then you didn't install the latest beta. Though it's game version 1.61 almost all servers won't allow you to play on.

I've got the newest beta installed and not experiencing any issues. :unsure:

I highly doubt that. When you start up arma 2 OA what does it say on the main screen in the lower right corner. Probably not beta 1.61.94876

Cause if it does you will not be able to connect to any server (red crosses in ingame server browser)

Same problem here. Thought we needed to update as soon as there was a new beta patch so i didnt check the servers.

So i guess the only thing we can do is play on servers with very high ping, or wait for the servers to update :(

EDIT: Or i guess if someone could upload the old arma2oa file, and we could replace our new one with it, it should load the old version instead of the new one?

Edited by Nexuc

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=16786 Says DayZ will be included with the next arma2 patch...

I am able to connect to all the servers I normally play on, well I could last night.

So are most people playing with 1.61?

Looking at the current dayz requirements...

PREREQUISITES

1. Make sure you have the ARMA 2 Combined Operations (v1.60 or newer) (ARMA 2 Original and Operation Arrowhead expansion) installed

I think I am best to keep what I have installed and wait for the Arma2 1.61 beta that includes dayz...

EDIT: Yeah I just looked at six launcher... you all are crazy for updating...

Edited by TomWilson

Anyone use the six launcher? can that roll back for us?

you are all crazy for updating...

You can roll back easy enough... just uninstall the current beta and install the 1.60... Get yourself to 1.60.94700

Should take 10 minutes.

You can roll back easy enough... just uninstall the current beta and install the 1.60... Get yourself to 1.60.94700

Should take 10 minutes.

You can't roll back from this one...

Should take 10 minutes.

Tried deleting the beta folder and tried to run the old beta patch, didnt work.

If its so easy, tell us how to do it.

Should take 10 minutes.

Please elaborate? Because I tried reinstalling a previous BETA patch and it just spits out an wrong version error.

Now I am not able to find that 'uninstall beta' part....

I think the only way is to reinstall arma 2 OA all together, and start from scratch with the beta patches and all

Can you not uninstall the beta from add remove programs like you could in the past?

Can you not uninstall the beta from add remove programs like you could in the past?

I can't find it. But I'm no wiz at these type of stuff :)

Yeah i just installed the new 94876 beta patch about a hour ago. I can join servers fine .. There ain't that many running this new beta patch but there are some, Maybe about 10 i see for now ... I can still play the game fine.

Give it time they will slowly update.

I can't find it either... That sucks Jesus, looks like if you don't want to wait you will have to re-install...

Sorry bout your luck... maybe someone else has a way? edit registry value to trick the installer?

cheers

I just rolled back my beta patch version and it works fine:

Delete the folder "beta" in "<arma2_root>\Expansion".

Download beta patch version 94700, install with the .exe as usual. Done.

This is with a retail install, if you use steam you have to copy executables or whatever.

• Like 2

Here you go chaps, There are actually more servers now then when i checked 30 mins ago.

Kmzdg.png

Yes, I have the same problem as well, hope that this will get fixed very soon.

Can still play on any other server, you can try to rename the beta folder in the expansions folder, and download the older version of the beta-patch, install it and see what happends.

Good luck and let me know if it works