Sign in to follow this  
Chr0mEBomberrr

Stupid question?

This may sound like a stupid question but how do you change your "Players name" or username, The name that comes after the Pvt. in the game. I bought ArmA2 through steam so I just assumed it would be my steam name but it is User for everygame I am in and its starting to bug me :P I hope there is an easy fix so please respond if you can help me.

Thanks!

It is possible to change your name, I think it is in the option menu, in there should be a profile menu where you can change your name

When you start up Arma, go down to "Player Profile". Make a new character and name it whatever you want, you can customize the face, give him glasses, and change his voice if you feel like playing a regular Arma 2 server.

There is a guide to changing your name on the GuideZ channel.

btw changing your profile will NOT affect your dayz character (except for the face). your character in dayZ is bound to your cd key so no problems with creating a new profile

Just remember not to use the zombie face. I don't know why people think it's cool, but it gives me an extra reason to shoot you in the mouth.

I think you can edit the profile file itself if you want to change name only... (backup the old one if you do it)

if you create new profile you will have to set controls and mouse sensitivity again :\