Sign in to follow this  
CheongGu

Whats your favorite weapon?

My favorite is a Dragunov SVD. Also loving the AS Val and VSS variants, too :D

there is not a val or vss in dayz...arma 2 yes....dayz no....but i would say crossbow as my favorite.

Me likes shotguns, especially M1014, and the double barreled one is just classic

I'm pretty partial to my new M14 EP1. It's an excellent mid ranged weapon, super accurate, very easy to wield and very effective stopping power.

I'd love a Sniper... But I can't find one...

But I've been using a Winchester for the past couple days, so that may be my current favorite :D

It's a mix up for me...

M14 (For the power), or the Bizon SD (for the stealth)

To be honest, I just love Winchester 1866.

Powerful and easy to handle!

For long guns, I've had the most luck with the AK's, although I was severely under-impressed with the Kobra I found. The other AK's I'd picked up were able to 1-shot the zombies, this one required 2+ shots, which actually led to me getting eaten since I was too sparing with ammo, expecting them to drop when they weren't going to.

Found an M16 once, but it got disappeared by a backpack glitch before I could equip it. Tried to put it in a backpack that didn't have enough space. Oops.

But in a pinch, nothing wrong with the Winchester!

All in all though, I'd say I've had the best overall results using the good ol' Revolver. Ammo's fairly plentiful, the thing's accurate as hell, and although it only holds 6 at a time, it reloads pretty fast. I might say I like the M1911 the best (its one of my favs IRL) but I've only ever found one, and was killed before ever firing it.

AKS-74U and Colt M1911 grouped together, hands down. The AK does everything the Kobra does (it's sights are excellent for an iron sight weapon) and the M1911 is the best range/stopping power/speed shooting pistol.

If sniping, I'd probably end up with the DMR. It's overpowered, which makes it great.

Currently the M4A3 SD HOLO GL, only found 1.

I wish that they would add an HK417 or at least take it from ACE :(

Currently the M4A3 SD HOLO GL, only found 1.

o.O I didn't think that spawned in DayZ.

I played Day Z ever since it was available to the public, my first actually military weapon was the Remmi w/ flashlight, before I rolled with the Lee Enfield.

Lee Enfield - Probably a great weapon for sharp shooters, the iron sights are accurate as if it was possible and the bullet does not drop until 500 m or so, the noise used to be quiet but now it is pretty high, making it a bad weapon if you solo it out. For a sniper I would suggest this for their first weapon, if you like rolling with full autos... I guess yea it could be as close as you can get on that stage.

Remington /w flashlight - I was once wondering the airport west to Cherno, I went into the tower and I found it, the sexy beast was on the floor with two shell piles next to it. It is quiet, it is deadly (One shot one kill), the slugs have the range of 250 meters before dropping, and the ammo is so damn common! Not even that but it definitely has the best iron sights for not a scoped weapon, and even a flashlight! I mean you can blind people with the damn thing no joke! I once sneaked around a castle of some sorts at night with three bandits preparing for some raid picking their weapons, my pals said it was a suicide mission so they chickened out pretending to give covering fire, I rushed in the room that was filled to the brim with firearms, turned my torch on, they fired blindly as I blew their heads across all of Chernarus, the weapons were cheap common items, although I did find myself a nice G17 there, I threw it off the cliff through when I found out my friend can use their clips for his sub machine gun, we also found a UAZ what now we are still rolling around in, we are not murderers, actually we rescued some people and gave them a lift for a can of sardines or two, fun times, good times, and probably present times if not my friend having to crash our UAZ down a lake :L

Edited by Matinek

o.O I didn't think that spawned in DayZ.

Helis spawn very rare weapons, I once saw a F-FAL with a heat vision from one, no ammo through so we just gave it to my friend who had an Jackal pack, he takes it out time to times just to view through the scope.

PDW and M14. Aw yeaaaaah.

My favorite gun aesthetically speaking? The Famas. Love it to pieces.

As for a favorite gun that I've actually gotten to fire; M110 SASS.

Edited by LockeDown

there is not a val or vss in dayz...arma 2 yes....dayz no....but i would say crossbow as my favorite.

This is in off topic right?

My favorite has been the M1 Garand for a long time ever since I shot one as a kid. Love it

I guess this really depends on whether you're in it for PVP or for pure survival. I prefer the survival aspect so I love the M1911 and my good old Remmy.

For PVP, AS50 and a Mk 48 ( both of which should be removed from the mod ) XD