rapier<3

ArmaX problems thread

Jarhead,

I'm not sure bro, like I said I don't use it at all, you will be needing beta number 94876, once you install the files and everything with Six launcher open Arma and check the number in the bottom right corner, should be something like 1.61.94876.

If it is this, then you should be able to play :) if not will have to be a manual install, which I can guide you thru.

Good luck, ohhh and Jarhead make sure you try to play on SE 3 too, thats where i am ;)

1.7.2.1 is public for all, no need to play on SE anymore.

Have you read and followed the tips listed in this thread

Ok guys,

Six updater patched my OA to beta v.1.60.94700 (a weird version? everyone else is having either a lower or a higher version no. than this :o) Anyways..

I am stuck on the loading screen..I thought to give a try to a server having higher* version no. of beta patch.

And I guess I am having v.1.7.2.X of day Z mod. Don't know how to check the exact version no.

I can't even get past loading and or character generating.

Lets hope for a solution.. :)

Jarhead,

I'm not sure bro, like I said I don't use it at all, you will be needing beta number 94876, once you install the files and everything with Six launcher open Arma and check the number in the bottom right corner, should be something like 1.61.94876.

If it is this, then you should be able to play :) if not will have to be a manual install, which I can guide you thru.

Good luck, ohhh and Jarhead make sure you try to play on SE 3 too, thats where i am ;)

ok..you are game..hit me :D

I guess I need to manually patch it up :(

1.7.2.1 fixed the loading problem for me.

How can I apply 1.7.2.1 over my existing install? I am running 1.60.94700 via six launcher.

Is it simple extract / copy / paste? :D

Regards,

jarhead770

Edited by jarhead770

http://us2.dayz.nu/latest/

Extract and overwrite all files from dayz_anim_v0.4.rar and dayz_code_v1.7.2.1.rar to @DayZ\addons

Allright.. but what about beta patch 94876? is it necessary too? Because thats v.1.61 94876 and currently I am having v.1.60 94700

Will it run? What versions did you try?

Also, how should I launch day z? using six launcher..I guess will revert back day z to 1.7.2..?

Edited by jarhead770

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Make sure you download and install the beta in the green box, at the top of page, run the game once and make sure that it says in the bottom right corner that you are using the newest beta, something like 1.61.94876.

I have ARMA X + latest beta patch having 1.61.94876 + intellaed 1.7.2 and then updated it to 1.7.2.1 with the files I gave you. Runs like a charm.

• Like 2

But how do I really launch it now? :o

Using six launcher will it be safe? the verify button will bust my patched up day z 1.7.2.1 eh?

use arma2oa launcher,

right click on the short cut and go to propities, in the target box you will see "(drive letter):\Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

and add this to the end,

-mod=@dayz

should work for you

then go to multiplayer and set the filter to dayz

Edited by rapier<3
  • Like 1

use arma2oa launcher,

The original in-game main menu?

Jarhead,

Sorry dude, I had to take a phone call :) did the above help you its not all that clear I know (writting while on phone not a cool idea)

If you still need help let me know, and I'll try and sort out a step by step for you with pic's or something,

I can neither join a server running 1.7.1.5 with the mentioned beta patch nor any newer server. It always hangs on "Loaoding" or "Waiting for the player to create".

But it's okay. I take it as a lesson: never buy a game just because of a 3th-party-modification.

(Sure, they will fix it (or, at least, I hope so). But playing after all my friends got stuck up with the game isn't that much fun. :( )

Ok, there is a guide coming for these having probs just made it now, (see how nice i am) this should help y'all with probs, once i work out how to upload it lol

Ok, cant seem to upload it to forum

Please check this link:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s016ifafabfzvu3/Install%20guide.xps

Should work for you now

Edited by rapier<3

Guide is up ^^ dropbox link hope it helps

well it worked fellas.

but there is an issue of ping. I am unable to connect to servers having just 280ms and above ping.

Anways, thanks for helping me out.

:)

Regards,

jarhead770 (in game my nick is: sky770 )

glad to hear it mate,

IGN - rapier<3 playing on SE 3 atm

@rapier yo, bro on which servers u usually play? and whats SE3 ? :D

BTW appreciate your efforts for that guide ^ :D

Edited by jarhead770

Possible Bug Alert in 1.7.2.1 / 1.61.94876 :

Sometimes stuck on "loading" page and sometimes it works ok. Yes, I have checked and I am connecting to same, ditto version'ed mod server(s)

Guys please verify this thingy.

Regards,

jarhead770

Np bro, I am still yet to find a server I like alot and with all the problems servers are up and down, SE 3 is the server I have been playing on, but seems to be a test server, I also like the Atlanta ones, waiting to see what happens with the new build tho.

You running with other players or alone in game ?

I can neither join a server running 1.7.1.5 with the mentioned beta patch nor any newer server. It always hangs on "Loaoding" or "Waiting for the player to create".

But it's okay. I take it as a lesson: never buy a game just because of a 3th-party-modification.

(Sure, they will fix it (or, at least, I hope so). But playing after all my friends got stuck up with the game isn't that much fun. :( )

Yep. You can't play 1.7.1.5 with a beta patch higher than 93965. If you update to 1.7.2 and afterwards 1.7.2.1 (or just current files - can get it from the UK mirror) you can try beta patches higher than 93965. Please also notice that you cant play on servers that use a higher beta patch version than you got installed. (e.g. you can play with 94876 on 94700 servers* but not vice versa).

*"normally". Still have some issues using some other beta patch than 94876 due to 1.7.2.(1)

Edited by Senseless

You running with other players or alone in game ?

Running alone..as i couldn't find some guys to get going :(

Came here from hardcore arma 2..thought I should give zombies a try.. :D

did you try 1.7.2.1 ?