spacebeluga

Filling water bottle with rain

if you could use a tarp, you can fill a water bottle in heavy rain in no time.

No different than the time it takes to chop fire wood or cook 8 steaks.

You cant drink rain without boiling, even though rainfall is considered the purest form of water it is still full of bacteria depending on what type of climate you live in.

post apocolyptic russia, i dont think will have the cleanest air. :L

Like rain lowers temperature, it should be possible to script so it lowers the need for water too. But to be honest it seems to work just fine as it is right now.

Until then, enjoy the nasty water from the lakes (I love the water canteen function) or just sit back and enjoy a:

tumblr_m42ugtSyS51qcr6iqo1_1280.jpg

image borrowed from http://robotcosmonaut.tumblr.com/

You cant drink rain without boiling' date=' even though rainfall is considered the purest form of water it is still full of bacteria depending on what type of climate you live in.

post apocolyptic russia, i dont think will have the cleanest air. :L[/i']

Who told you this? I consider it a community service to tell you that they were incorrect.

The gutter idea is a little much' date=' however I too thought about the rain fill before. Make it a timed event when you click fill. 15 seconds maybe.[/i']

Why is the gutter idea too much? Almost every single house has open drain pipes. Seriously. I mean seriously. For serious.

I have a Suggestion regarding the empty bottles and when it rains.

We should have the option to open our inventory while its raining and assign a empty bottle (can) to fill with rain water to drink:)

And to make things even more realistic you could make it that the only way you can drink it is if you boil it on a camp fire to purify its contents:)

Or if you with a group, the ability to fill up jerry cans that equals 5-10 normal bottles of water so that it adds a whole new level of team play. You could have a player in charge of water whilst the other carry more important stuff:)

What you guys think?

I can see where you're coming from but is it necessary? from pretty much any point on the map you're not more than a few minutes run to a water source that you can fill a canteen at.

i disagree im new to the game and i dont know the map off by heart and i also dont have a map to give me an idea of where everything is.

I know this has been said, but this is a reminder post. I think (Title) should be implemented. Sure, realistically it would take a while, but so would filling it from a pump.

'Nuff said, I strongly think this should be added

derp, just made a thread on this, didn't see this. Luckily my thread got deleted. But yes, add this Devs. Do it :D

FFFFFF- repeat post

I qoute a survivor ; damn i'm thirsty better drink my own piss; bear grylls,

Does that say enough?

I have a Suggestion regarding the empty bottles and when it rains.

We should have the option to open our inventory while its raining and assign a empty bottle (can) to fill with rain water to drink:)

And to make things even more realistic you could make it that the only way you can drink it is if you boil it on a camp fire to purify its contents:)

Or if you with a group' date=' the ability to fill up jerry cans that equals 5-10 normal bottles of water so that it adds a whole new level of team play. You could have a player in charge of water whilst the other carry more important stuff:)

What you guys think?

[/quote']

How exactly would you go about filling a can, with an opening of about an inch, with rainwater? In real life it can be done if you set up properly, but just holding out your canteen isn't gonna do much.

Boiling rainwater in a post-apocalyptic with no air pollution wouldn't be required; with the zombie apocalypse caused by infection though, doing it from ponds and streams should if anything does. Wells would still be relatively safe due to sand filtration.

The jerry can idea seems overly complex while adding very little considering how common soda, empty canteens, and water sources are. Any team organized enough to make use of a jerry can full of water is not going to be having any trouble finding water anyway.

Instead of having a empty bottle and a full bottle how about having different values, When interacting with water it should slowly fill up. When it comes to raining your guy would have to sit there for quite some time.

The amount of time interacting with the water should determine how much it collects

Example:

Lake (Takes 30 seconds) for full bottle

Rain ( Takes 2 Minutes ) for full bottle

Use a puddle, a tree, a house's gutter, a trash can, a trash can lid, your hands, a hole in the roof of a shed, a barrel, wring out your shirt, wring out your socks, wring out your underwear, drink the tears of unarmed survivors in cherno, lick the rain as it runs down a zombie's cheek the possibilities are endless.

It's as if some people on the forum have never been outside in the rain before.

1ppj6.jpg

• Like 1

Don't forget animal hides, pots and pans, sheet metal from wrecked vehicles (jump up and down on the roof of a wrecked car a few times), old barrels, moss, empty sardine and bean cans, etc. I live in a rainy part of the world. The bigger problem here is how to get water to drain properly, not how to collect it.

Yes, it is possible to collect it from places like that, but unless you plan on drinking mud, you can't just start collecting water the moment it starts raining. It requires at least some preparation, or some surface that can collect the water but wont pollute the water. And unless rocket makes some kind of overly-complex puddle physics, I don't see how he could make it seem like the character was doing anything other than just holding out his canteen and it magically got full.

I qoute a survivor ; damn i'm thirsty better drink my own piss; bear grylls,

Does that say enough?

They should include piss drinking in the game ! It would be difficult though, with the hackers taking it all the time ! :-)

the thing that annoys me is that you drink the entire waterbottle, why cant it be that you take sips of it and preserve water?

You'd be standing there for quite a while waiting though, unless you want to grab water from non-existing pools, filled with bacteria (zombies) and oil (all the factories/airfields).

Surely if you enabled water bottles to be partitioned then you could fill it up progressively, enable gulps so a water bottle could be shared.

As well as using the same function on jerry cans to enable siphoning of fuel from vehicles.