Sign in to follow this  
Xykotic

Arma 2 OA has stopped working.

After the game froze in loading and me having to cut the process i get "Arma 2 OA has stopped working" upon trying to either join a server through the launcher, trying to do install, update and join on the updater doesn't work either.

The game is on steam, ive verified the files and launched both of them to make sure they're functional, ive also redownloaded the mod and done the whole process again.

Noticed ive only got version 1.60 all of a sudden...

The Launcher isn't updating it and the updater doesn't either...

Anyone know what i need to do here?

Edited by Xykotic

Bump... Im thinking the patch is the problem, how do i go about changing the 1.60 patch to 1.60.94444?

It seems the launcher thinks i have the right patch, yet operation arrowheads server browser shows me with 1.60 and wont let me join.

Bump.

My PC is plenty capable of running this and is not the source of the problem. (People often jump to that conclusion)

Reinstalling worked, and i could play for 2 days.. now after leaving a game in a normal way, my version is fucked up again and im not sure i feel like reinstalling again..

I also had this problem, i bought the arma2 pack on sale a couple of days ago, added day z then everything on arma2 stopped working, re-installed arma2 and all working again but dunno if i fancy adding dayz again, wasn't sure if i had added the wrong patch etc, day z worked fine but nothing else on arma2 did., shame.. cos i really liked dayz, not hard to ask to be able to play both of them with re-installing is it?

I don't see any tanks before crashing, rammfisch :P

Tried that aswell, didn't work.

Ive tried so many supposed fixes now its driving me crazy.

Looks like ill have to reinstall today aswell.

Reinstalling again, the fix seems to be to never turn off Dayz and just remain ingame forever, atleast that way the game wont break itself.

Just keep playing with it. You'll eventually get around it :) Just keep following those steps if you can't get it working. It's bound to work.

Reinstalled, and it seems to be stable now, forcefully exit a few times just to try and break it...

Thanks for the advice given, while it didn't work for THIS issue it may work for an issue in the future.