Sign in to follow this  
Tjc222

Starting Weapon!!

"Hey look, I woke up in a zombie apocalypse, I'm just going to go get that nice tree branch there and use that to fend... oh wait, I can't."

I completely disagree with starting with a gun but sprinting around houses/barns/warehouses/hangars when there's a perfectly good bit of easily and realistically obtainable wood sticking out of a tree 20 feet away that you could use as a bludgeon is beyond ridiculous. I know melee was just added though, so I wouldn't get too used to the idea that this is the way it'll be forever, but in my opinion a stick really would be the best way to go about this.

It'd make noise, so getting it would alert anyone/thing nearby, if possible it should have limited uses and who wouldn't want to sneak up on a bandit, knock that mofo out, steal his gear and then fire his gun to alert z's to the fresh tasty unconscious snack they just laid out?

• Like 1

When I first managed to (finally) get the game + mod running and actually successfully joined a server, I expected to have a handgun after watching some videos on YouTube. I had nothing. I walked a couple hundred metres and got wasted by two zombies. I was rather disillusioned. For quite a while I thought it would be improved if you started with a weapon of some kind, but now, having died and respawned so many times, I have learned a few tricks and now I am of the opposite conviction. NO WEAPONS. Like has been said, Hatchets are easy to find and zombies are actually easy to avoid/lose. The only situation where not having a spawning weapon is truly dumb is when you are cornered, like there is only one exit to the building you are in and the zombie is standing in it. The answer to that? Don't run into dead ends without a weapon.