Sign in to follow this  
justiceabove

1 v 4 - Zelenogorsk - Night Time (Very Short story)

So I was killed upon entering my home server (losing NVGs, GPS, M14, all manner of other items) because I had a ghillie and just updated to the newest patch, heard this was gonna happen and took it like a...man. /cry

Buddy of mine logs in and says he kept his stuff and moments later says he was killed by a group of 4 players. This was around Stary Sobor and I was all the way down south in Kamenka making my way north.

I get north and enter Zelenogorsk and find a map. At this point I have a map, M1014 shotgun with one set of slugs and pellets, smoke grenades, flares, chemlights, and misc other things.

I am making my way slowly through the town when a shot range out and I take a bullet to either the arm or leg, not sure. Sounds like the DMR they took off my buddy about an hour ago so I serpentine run to cover. I catch a glimpse of 4 of them on the hill dealing with a horde of zombies which they quickly dispatch with their man with the silenced rifle cause I hear no shots and the zombies are dropping left and right. A few of them are crawling like they have broken legs so I peek out and take a pot shot at one of them with my Shotgun.

Clearly out of range I am at a disadvantage and that one shot has brought me to 4500 blood. I know they have NVG's from my friend so running right now is not an option as the sniper will still see me. I pull out what I do have that will reach them. Flares and smoke grenades. I toss 2 flares and a smoke grenade to buy me some time to flank them. I rush out from my cover as the flares and smoke take effect.

As I am flanking I see 4 people disconnect simultaneously from the server. The end.

This was on server US 27 Chicago 21. If you or one of you four are reading this..buahahahaha you were bested by a fresh spawner with flares and smokes and you ran like the panzies you are. If I see you do that again in the server there will be no hesitation on the ban that comes after.

Edited by justice

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear they bitched out like that.

Technically, he isn't allowed to ban anyone for DC'ing, but the fact remains, if they had full control of the servers and could do whatever they wished, I'd plead with them to ban people like this. They outnumbered him 4 to 1, and I know for a fact as soon as the flares and smokes went out, the first thing that they thought of was "Oh shit, it's more than 1 guy, let's get out of here!!!!" and they left the server. This is simply a bullshit tactic, and if you don't stay to fight, then don't attempt to fight at all. Fucking idiots. Don't take a shot at someone you don't plan to stick around and kill.

I think its more a matter of anxiety towards death. The thought of having to start over isnt really experienced in this generation when you have games like call of duty and battlefield that really dont have any penalty other then losing the game. this was the case for me when I just started playing the game. I dont think people should be blamed for doing this but what they should do is to work to get over this anxiety. the way I did was I spent a week in between cherno and elektro and just played bandit getting as many encounters with players as I could. Pretty soon I lost most of the anxiety that comes with fighting other players either through winning or losing. this will help get over the separation anxiety with your gear. and it will teach you getting your gear back always happens.

Yeah, the fact remains that server admins can and will ban people like this and the dev's normally don't lift a finger cause they have already said that it is an exploit.

Exploit - To take advantage of unfairly; To control to one's own advantage by artful or indirect means

In other words: a cheat.

I was nice and didn't ban on sighting them DCing because technically it could be seen that I was running away from the fight, but really I had nothing to lose but a map and ALICE pack so I was going to go all in and see it to the end, no matter what that might be...

Edited by justice
  • Like 1