Sign in to follow this  
Roggle

DayZ Problems

Dayz has a serious problem right now, ghosting and it NEEDS to be fixed. My friend and i were shooting a person on top of the firehouse, we hit him a few times and then he logged out, joined a different server, came on top of the building we were on and killed us both, we had no chance, he was right behind us. That is anti-fun and very unfair, please fix it either by making a new character on every server or disabling combat for the person logging in for 20 seconds.

I think they should implement some sort of "ghost walk" thing where you can't spawn within so far of a distance of other survivors and you have to move away to spawn. Could still cause issues, but it's better than people spawning in sniper nests.

Or, you could've moved from your position after it was compromised.

Granted, the server-hopping is a problem, but if he knows where you are, he will go there and kill you if he can.

Don't sit around once you've been exposed.

Yeah its a tad annoying, most people dont do this though. Next time take a precaution and have one person sit in a corner. When me and my friends do an op somewhere we put ourselves in overlapping fields of fire.

On a side note, they are testing a beta patch atm which doesnt let people log out when under fire or something like that. Fingers crossed.