DeltaDog

Being revived? good idea or bad?

So i was thinking it would be a good idea that when you are killed that you could be revived shortly after you were killed.

maybe you would need a blood bag and a epi pen present in your inventory. you could roll up and perform CPR or something.

You would need someone else to do this to you but have it only possible for like a minute after you are killed and not possible if shot in the head.

just an idea i thought people should know.

+1 for no revive.

Zombie squadding in BF3 is irritating. Defib units don't fix bullet holes or blood loss.

+1 for no revive.

Zombie squadding in BF3 is irritating. Defib units don't fix bullet holes or blood loss.

Implying that bandages fix bullet holes and morphine allows you to run on a broken leg.

• Like 1

It would ruin the whole point of fighting to stay alive. As long as you're not playing on your own, you'd be a whole lot less careful with your actions if you knew you could get revived.

Implying that bandages fix bullet holes and morphine allows you to run on a broken leg.

don't forget blood transfusions performed in the field.

I was knocked unconscious while being attacked by a horde of zombies in a town and had my legs broken and couldn't do anything while the person I was with had to kill them off and bring me back with an epi-pen, morphine, and blood transfusion. Is there really anything else you need in the game?

when we are on the topic about healing in general, anyone else want to take out the bloodbags, i feel it gives people a little godlike feeling... people tend to play less with their brain, knowing they can heal with one little bag...

Edited by LumberBack

when we are on the topic about healing in general, anyone else want to take out the bloodbags, i feel it gives people a little godlike feeling... people tend to play less with their brain, knowing they can heal with one little bag...

I usually cook up some animals to regain blood instead of blood bags, blood bags are for sissy girly men. Jokes aside, blood bags being so good gives hospitals value, and hospitals being in short supply makes going near one for supplies a calculated risk, this in turn creates interesting gameplay.

When a person has lost the amount of blood needed to kill you, and your heart stops pumping, then nothing short of a ton of experience medical staff and lots of equipment is going to bring you back.

"Defibs" as people seem to like to call them, would do nothing to save you. And an epi-pen ingame does about the same thing ingame. Blood transfusions can save a person that is nearly dead, sure, and morphine can be used to ignore much of the pain that goes into setting a broken bone, and "Bandages" aren't just random freaking bandaids. Unless the bullet hit a major organ or caused a fatal wound (which you would die from, usually by bleeding out, like the case is ingame) it wouldn't be that much of a hassle to deal with.

What I'm trying to say is, Medical Knowledge is key and trying to adapt into a VIDEO GAME to make it make sense is better than arguing about things that would be useless ingame to be added ingame.

Not a good idea, get first aid training in real life as well. Learn what happens to a person with very little or no blood.

I think taking out blood bags would be a very bad idea, aside from what BIGred has already said, blood bags encourage coop play.

No revieve. Will make squads invulnerable as they could revieve each other.

Edit: With squads I mean groups of players... you know what I mean

Edited by Levias

No revieve. Will make squads invulnerable as they could revieve each other.

Edit: With squads I mean groups of players... you know what I mean

cause everyone dies behind cover and its safe for someone to run up and revive him. when someones killed they are probably gonna be in the open making it risky to even think about reviving him.

No. They are definately not overpowered. Considering one bullet may drop you dead even at full health, I don't think that you can play carelessly because you have blood bags in your team.

The game already lets you revive "dead" players. I've had a friend knocked unconscious on the ground with the horde ripping his entrails out. After spraying them with my Colt .45 and applying bandages, he was on 50/12000 blood -- converting to a real-world human with 5L of blood, that's about 200mL, or one cup of blood left in him.

This is basically dead.

But wait, 1 epi-pen, 1 bandage and 1 cow later, he was back to normal again within 10 minutes of being "dead". I'd call that a "revive" ;)

Edited by ActionMan

The game already lets you revive "dead" players. I've had a friend knocked unconscious on the ground with the horde ripping his entrails out. After spraying them with my Colt .45 and applying bandages, he was on 50/12000 blood -- converting to a real-world human with 5L of blood, that's about 200mL, or one cup of blood left in him.

This is basically dead.

But wait, 1 epi-pen, 1 bandage and 1 cow later, he was back to normal again within 10 minutes of being "dead". I'd call that a "revive" ;)

This. Its an abstraction from real life.

Random healing drugs are one thing but a magic defibrillator that sucks out bullets and closes wounds is another. I agree that we need splints and such instead of just morph. I tried suggesting making med supplies etc harder to find but all I got was some tool yelling at me about laser beams firing out his asshole.

well it would be more fun to fight over a dead animal someone just shot, to get some healing...

Edited by LumberBack

We dont need magic tools for revival, if anything what would be useful is more complexity to the healing business that would encourage some level of specialization.

The 12000 blood does not symbolise the entire amount of blood in your body but rather 12k being fully healthy and 0 being the point of death which would come quite a ways before 200ml mate.