Sign in to follow this  
jobe84

Bear Traps : Do they exist?

So, I've been playing pretty much constantly (6 hours each evening) since 1.7.2 got released. I've not seen or had a leg broken by a bear trap yet. I'm guessing they would be found in Farm loot points, I've been to a lot of the big (high) farm loots but yet to see one..

Anyone else had any experience with a trap yet? Post some screenshots? Tell us where you found it etc.

Cheers all.

• Like 1

Anyone else had any experiences with Bear Traps yet?

Ah Ha! So they do exist! And they also seem to work! Very interesting... Least I know wtf to look out for now! :D

Well, i've seen 2 other vids of them really not working well at all. Kind of as expected. I'll have a look for the vids and link them, but a brief rundown of issues is:

1) placement issues, they appear behind you, in mid air etc.

2) they remain in-place, while being invisible after they are 'removed'.

You thought barbed wire was bad.

Says those videos are from Single Player mode and he doesn't even know where to find them? Are they in PVP?

Pretty sure they are an urban legend like the "No-Reload Hatchets" and the "Friendly Guy" who just wants to NOT shoot you and stuff.

He could have loaded them in to make the movie. They could be in the database but not yet seeded into the world. I have not yet found any but they could be pretty damn rare, which is fine by me seeing the chaos the wire fencing and tank traps caused in the last patch. Completely bear trapped village or factory would be pretty high on my list of no no's.

Edited by Tops

Funny thing is i've found a hatchet that was already reloaded (ya ya i know..) but the other day i met two guys in electro supermarket at the same time, everyone was armed and nobody was killed.

Were still playing as a group after that.

Funny thing is i've found a hatchet that was already reloaded (ya ya i know..) but the other day i met two guys in electro supermarket at the same time, everyone was armed and nobody was killed.

Were still playing as a group after that.

Stuff that son. I would have popped them both in the forehead!

They do exist but are extremely rare. They have placement issues, and issues with not going off when players walk over them. My clan did an extensive testing session and with 5 different players the only one the trap worked on was the one that dropped it on the ground. Which would make the traps completely and utterly useless... Haha.

The danger comes from the traps remaining in place after they are removed. One of my clanmates broke his legs after placing one and moving it. It still existed in the first place, it was only invisible.

I imagine some trolls in Cherno or Elektro could have a good time with that...

Found one in a barn. I didn't take it since I have no use for it, I don't wish anyone harm and placing it in front of a cow and hoping it walks into it seems a bit impractical, considering I can just whack it with a hatchet.

I found one. I didn't try to use it. When I put it in my tent it got stuck there, and I couldn't take it out. I could move everything else fine just not the trap. Tried a few time (hours apart). Finally I came back and it was gone. It wasn't raided, It was a full tent with lots of goodies and nothing else was missing.

So, I've been playing pretty much constantly (6 hours each evening) since 1.7.2 got released. I've not seen or had a leg broken by a bear trap yet. I'm guessing they would be found in Farm loot points, I've been to a lot of the big (high) farm loots but yet to see one..

Anyone else had any experience with a trap yet? Post some screenshots? Tell us where you found it etc.

Cheers all.

They do exist just seem to be alot rarer now, I picked one up a few days ago and was going it to protect one of my tents, think i lost it after trying to store it in a tent though..

I found one and kept it for a while, creating traps when I'm looting places.

It leaves a ghost-bear trap though (Bug), so even if you pick it up, you might break your leg.

My clan did an extensive testing session and with 5 different players the only one the trap worked on was the one that dropped it on the ground.

Same thing happened with me. Also they would persist after you picked them up. So if you set a trap then put it back in your inventory then walk over the area it had been in it would break your leg.

They're exceptionally buggy and essentially useless.