Sign in to follow this  
Smacked

Solution to Pvp logging,Alt F4ing, etc.

After watching so many videos,reading about it so many times, and having it happen to me(I may have done it once or twice to be fair) I got sick of people simply "alt f4ing" to get out of hot situations.

I started to think about how to stop this annoying aspect of the game. While it may have flaws I haven't really thought about, it could be a temporary fix to this lameness.

1. Make it so that whenever you are logging out, don't make it instant. Make the player go into a certain pose/position and have a countdown timer of say, 20-30 seconds in which they cannot do anything besides maybe, look around. This would be a bit of a block (but not stopper) for some server hoppers so they can't rapidly server hop.This would also eliminate people from say, running into a town straight to the high value loot places whilst aggroing every zombie in the town, simply disconnect then reconnect into the same server and be safe and sound inside the loot place with all the zombies gone and the player able to get all the loot.

2. If your game suddenly closes (alt+f4) your player stays in the game for a minute or more. So now if you are being shot at and if you suddenly alt+f4 your character would stay in game and would still be standing there allowing your player character to be killed,looted,etc. If this was to be implemented it would give all players a fair chance to get their well deserved loot and player kill.

For the #2 there is an obvious problem of people's games crashing and being forced to die even though they were infact playing the game legit.

:mellow: Have a reasonable day.

Edited by Smacked

For the #2 there is an obvious problem of people's games crashing and being forced to die even though they were infact playing the game legit.

This pretty much explains why I don't like this idea.

I lost count on how many times my game decided to crash while I was running away from zombies, or trying to fight them off.

If this was to be implanted, you'll see that 75% of the people will ragequit because their char died because of a stupid glitch/crash.

Unless Rocket somehow made it so that the system recognizes a crash/glitch of some sort and an actual alt+f4.

• Like 1

It's impossible to stop DCs without also screwing legit crashes. Choose the lesser of two evils, which in my opinion is occasionally fucking over the poor legit guys.

Jeez why do people always go to extremes. All you need to discourage combat aborting is a 5-10 second delay, not 30 secs, not 1 minute. 5-10 seconds is more than enough to die to a player, and zombies will deal enough damage in that time to discourage logging out. The difference is, if you crash while zombies are chasing you, they will likely not kill you in that time. Unless of course, you aggroed the entire city...but who does that other than people planning to abort?

Edited by Helsing
  • Like 1