Sign in to follow this  
Jachim

Player stuck in freelook view...

Hiya,

Just started Day Z a few days ago. Today my character seems stuck in freelook and I can only go straight and strafe. Also when I alt-tabbed a few times my gun randomly just starts discharging. =/ Kinda annoying.

Any fix or just relog?

Hi there, thanks for the info. Also, is there a bug where if you pick up a gun but already have one and try to put it in your pack BOTH dissapear? I lost two guns this way it seems...

Hiya,

Just started Day Z a few days ago. Today my character seems stuck in freelook and I can only go straight and strafe. Also when I alt-tabbed a few times my gun randomly just starts discharging. =/ Kinda annoying.

Any fix or just relog?

Press * to get out of freelook.

Before you ALT+TAB out press Esc/pause so when you go back into game your gun won't fire.

• Like 1

Dont try to put rifles into your starter backpack, it will disappear at the moment. Also if you are stuck in walk mode double tap left shift.

You need 10 slots to put a weapon in your pack. Anything less and the gun will vanish. Bug, known.

Press * to get out of freelook.

Before you ALT+TAB out press Esc/pause so when you go back into game your gun won't fire.

Open your map, even if you don't have one. This'll stop you from firing when tabbing back in. It's slightly safer than opening the escape menu since there is a big juicy respawn button there!

Open your map, even if you don't have one. This'll stop you from firing when tabbing back in. It's slightly safer than opening the escape menu since there is a big juicy respawn button there!

That is a very valuable piece of information, and it can save lives. Once, I had an accidental discharche with a CZ550 after an alt-tab. That gun is so loud, that everybody and his mother came running to my position after that shot. I had to run and fight for my life, almost didn't make it.

Good tip, thanks for sharing.