Silent observer

1.7.1.5 vs 1.7.2

I honestly, don't give a shit. About losing my gear. About dying. I just get back up and play the game. Just like I've been doing for the past 3 weeks. Sure, I may have gotten a little rage-y in my post, however you can chalk that up to the entire fault of the "disconnect to avoid dying" bullshit. I should have rightfully killed a guy who was fully geared up with an AS50 and a ton of other shit, but he disconnected, so I get nothing. Fucking Gay.

Yeah, that's pretty lame. But there ARE honest players out there. Hell, one of my first 1.7.2 experiences was finding my first Kobra and M20 right near each other. I was like "schweeet!" Then I got knocked out by a zombie and from almost full health watched as a group ran up and started eating. I died. And yeah, was kinda mad. More disappointed, I think. But... I took it like the game intended. And I know I'm not alone.

Shock was introduced to punish players who log out after being shot. Logging back in is supposed to KO them for what.. 5 minutes? My suggestion for the disco exploit would be to either report over direct chat the ingame name of whoever just vanished so you could maybe follow them to another server (a lot of people tend to stick with the same batch, like the Atlantas, or NY's) and finish them off, OR... for the next 5 minutes or so, lock their next login to the same server regardless of which one they select from the list. Wouldn't that be funny, they pop off, immediately log into a random server, pop back on the one they just left, unconscious :D

Guys, you do know, that if you bother to use an arma2 launcher, like 'spirited machine', you can install all the versions, in different directories, and swap between them? And you don't need steam to launch the game?

Jusy sayn'..

explain this I use six launcher to update the game but use the arma 2 icon to actually get into the game and pick servers. Whatcha talkin about willis

There was absolutely no need to flame me. I'm not sure if you're just the usual troll, but it sounds more like you're a child with a social proof complex. This game was working fine for me since 1.7.5, there was nothing wrong with the supposed "most broken update" - Rocket, this update is far worse. I understand that Rocket continues to say "things will get worse before they get better" - Rocket, however right now it feels like, the mod was bad, got better, got to a point where it was stable and fun in 1.7.5.1 and then with this it's all just gone to shit.

To me this game is quite literally becoming hard to play, like I physically almost don't want to play, to the point where I think about playing and then I just suddenly don't want to, I play something else or just put it to the back of my mind.

You say there's no need to "flame you" and that the other guy is a child with a social proof complex.. I don't agree, I think you're more of a child, with your outburst at Rocket and the team, the team that bought us all this free mod. You "flame" rocket and his team for posting a patch that fixes some issues and introduces new ones, Oh wow, really? That's a first right? umm.. well no, it's not. It goes hand in hand in software development, especially in an alpha project. You also litter your post with expletives, making several shouty sentences capitalised and bold, and then you wonder why you get a bad response from others.

You sir are the child. You need to grow up, accept that this is a "work in progress" and not a final retail product, accept that there will be times where it gets worse before it gets better, and support Rocket and his team instead of screaming at them for ruining your fun, which you got for free. Stop acting so entitled. People like you infuriate me.

explain this I use six launcher to update the game but use the arma 2 icon to actually get into the game and pick servers. Whatcha talkin about willis

Right, you know the directory you installed dayz in? I'm just gonna assume that you do, because you are here.

Name that directory as the version.. i.e. 'dayz171' 'dayz1715' 'dayz172' etc etc

Installation of the files is the same, you just make a new directory for the new version.

This is assuming you DL the rars, and not use the six launcher..

Go and DL 'Spirited Machine' Arma mod launcher

http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=8241

Then all you need to do is create a new folder for each update, and link it into the launcher.. then when you start the launcher, you can select which version the client is launched with..

Best option is to watch this youtube video... it'll explain the install with launcher option, and then you can modify it after...

/edit for quote insert

Edited by Skinman

Caveat : server admins don't always update their server description, to reflect the version / 3d / CH options.. so you may still end up trying to connect to a server that has / has not been upgraded. If you don't see a debug window on the top right, then the server, and you, are running different versions.

/edit

And always make sure you are running the latest beta for arma itself..

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

/edit to add more commas, just to wind frodevil up. God forbid that he ever encounters a semicolon.

Edited by Skinman

So far my 1.7.2 exeprience has been pretty bad. Mainly due to ghille suits that stript you naked then throw you into the ground, never ending loading screens and servers that are badly lagged.

Guys, you do know, that if you bother to use an arma2 launcher, like 'spirited machine', you can install all the versions, in different directories, and swap between them? And you don't need steam to launch the game?

Jusy sayn'..

Guys, do you,know,that, you don't, have, to use, a comma, after every, word?

Guys, do you,know,that, you don't, have, to use, a comma, after every, word?

No you don't. You should just use one if the written sentence needs a pause, as if you were speaking it aloud.

/edit for more grammar

/edit to point to your own sig...

/and, another, edit; To suggest, that you; Sound like; William Shatner.

Or Stephen Hawking, on a good day.

Just sayn'

Edited by Skinman

"may lose your gear" BULLSHIT.

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR GEAR. If you don't lose it to the fucking multiple-save bugs where you switch between characters on servers and get warped back and forwards between places, use of camo/ghillie or to the FUCKING HORRIBLE de-synchronisation issues and zombies, you'll lose it when some fucking asscunt decides he sees a guy running into the wall, let's kill him and take his shit after everyone is done desyncing. Oh and if those problems weren't bad enough, watch out for zombies, they can see you from 400m away when they aggro on someone else, you bet your ass they're coming for you.

I WISH I hadn't been so naive as to think Rocket and company could release something that wasn't buggier than camping.

Does anyone know how to revert? This 1.7.2 bollocks is killing me (literally) over and over again. I'm almost done with it!

Chill out, bro.

1.7.2 seems fine to me. We need more bullets since we aggro the infected more, but it has a positive effect on my gameplay eperience. I was wearing camo before this patch and lost it, you shouldn't really care that much about gear.

What are you going to do when you get all geared up again ? Logout and never come back, you might lose your gear :D

Play the game, have fun dispite the bugs/glitches. Get a group together and go out on ops/raids, me and my friends are having a blast.

"Again, I hear (and share) the frustration. Believe me.

I want everything to be easy, but it's not. The updates will always be hard. It will get worse before it gets better.

But after every main update, people come and say it is the worst update so far. If we rolled back, if we stopped expanding and pushing the limits -then this mod wouldn't even exist.

We have to keep going, it's going to be full of drama and difficulties and disaster. It will get much, much worse than this update.

But at the end, I think there will be a great game concept. And it take precisely this pain to get there. As I said there is a reason "standard" development hasn't produced this game." - Rocket

Also, any word on when the hotfix will arrive?

I honestly, don't give a shit. About losing my gear. About dying. I just get back up and play the game. Just like I've been doing for the past 3 weeks. Sure, I may have gotten a little rage-y in my post, however you can chalk that up to the entire fault of the "disconnect to avoid dying" bullshit. I should have rightfully killed a guy who was fully geared up with an AS50 and a ton of other shit, but he disconnected, so I get nothing. Fucking Gay.

Yea, it wasn't this buggy in 1.7.5.1, which was by far a much more stable release.

There was absolutely no need to flame me. I'm not sure if you're just the usual troll, but it sounds more like you're a child with a social proof complex. This game was working fine for me since 1.7.5, there was nothing wrong with the supposed "most broken update" - Rocket, this update is far worse. I understand that Rocket continues to say "things will get worse before they get better" - Rocket, however right now it feels like, the mod was bad, got better, got to a point where it was stable and fun in 1.7.5.1 and then with this it's all just gone to shit.

To me this game is quite literally becoming hard to play, like I physically almost don't want to play, to the point where I think about playing and then I just suddenly don't want to, I play something else or just put it to the back of my mind.

All ARMA X users couldnt play at all. 1.7.1.5 was NOT fine.

All ARMA X users couldnt play at all. 1.7.1.5 was NOT fine.

ArmA X users not being able to play, was not a problem with the mod.. it was a problem with the ArmA X release.

1.7.1.5. as a mod release was fine; It just brought to light some underlying issues with the core ArmA code, that needed a new patch to sort out the hive, to give ArmA X users a unique player ID.

So, 1715 was grand.

The problem wasn't mod related, but thanks to this mod, a problem was found and fixed, to allow you to play. I think you should be thanking the dev team and Rocket about now..

The problem wasn't mod related, but thanks to this mod, a problem was found and fixed, to allow you to play. I think you should be thanking the dev team and Rocket about now..

lolwhat? Arma X worked perfectly prior to 1.7.1.0.

lolwhat? Arma X worked perfectly prior to 1.7.1.0.

Did it? I wouldn't know, having not jumped on with the ArmA II series in the last few weeks. If so, then I apologise to all the ArmA X users that got screwed over, after the 171 update.