Sign in to follow this  
TyRobot

The broken leg bandit...

I first started playing DayZ after patch 1.7.1.5 came out, so I never knew what it was like to have started with a gun or anything. I had never even played ARMA I or II, but I knew I had to get DayZ. This is the story of my first day...

I spawned on the coast and started to mess around with the controls. I had a mic, but I didn't know how to use the chat correctly. I stumbled into what I now know is the town of Balota. I got chased around by a few zombies while I familiarized myself with the controls. Another player who had a rifle showed up and killed the zombies that were beating me. The only thing I knew to do from watching YouTube was to salute so that he'd see I was friendly. He never exactly said anything to me, but he didn't mind that I followed him.

I got my bearings...found some beans and a coke. I was just enjoying where ever we were going since I was new. We walked for probably an hour up some mountains and through forests, until we came to a small house at a dirt road. The man that I trusted shot me once in the leg and broke it. He bandaged me and left me there. It seemed like a pretty calculated move, and it completely took me by surprise. I was a bit pissed, but I decided to try and crawl back to the airfield outside Balota for help.

The crawl back to Balota was long and treacherous...and part of me changed along the way. I no longer just wanted to merely survive. I wanted revenge on someone...anyone.

I made it all the way to the airfield and found a hatchet. I equipped it and hid inside of a cargo crate that was in one of the large bunkers. I had figured out how to use the direct chat at this point. After waiting and waiting, I start to see two survivors approaching. However, they were jumped by someone in the small ATC tower, but they managed to take him down. I told them I was friendly, and I needed some help. As I crawled to the two survivors, some zombies aggro'd while one of them was giving me morphine and blood. One of the survivors was killed by a zombie during this event. As the other survivor went to take out the remaining zombies, I struck him in the back with my hatchet, and I didn't stop until he was dead. I killed the other zombies with my hatchet and took everything I could carry.

After that, I knew there was no going back to just being a survivor... :ph34r:

Very funny read. It is always a laugh to see misfortunes such as these posted. I know, these are really common. But they are just funny to see how others have problems and how they fix them. I just shoot all I find, if they don't do as I tell them. I roll with 1 or 2 others. We just camp and raid, far from all other players. One time I got shot in the leg, and crawled all the way across the map just to get to where I heard him say he was. And then I shot him in both legs, and he died shortly after.

Haha, awesome!

...but, yeah I pretty much play with 2-3 other friends and shoot on sight now. ;)

I love that part - taking fresh people with you far far away, and shoot them in the legs, bandage, leave them.

I haven't done this to anybody yet, but I guess it's fun enough. I'd have a laugh anyways, there's difference between being sadistic and have a low self-esteem and a low life. I'm probably a mix of those, no sh1t :D

Anyways, I like your play style. You have turned into a bandit in the hard way like us people, and I'd let you into my group once it gets more organized, if you've got a mic.

Happy killing, and I hope not that we'll randomly meet up in the field, just to axe me down. =)

Lol Broken Leg Bandit hmm? Is that by chance your actual game name? I played on a server with someone who had that name and he seemed to die quite often, or perhaps try to respawn to a better location often.

• Like 1

No sir, I play as [DWP] TyRobot. DWP = Dead Workers Party from the Shaftlands Minecraft Podcast.