Sign in to follow this  
RutniBeard

Just not my day today...

Anyone else ever have one of those days where the entire game seems to be against you? I recently did... I started out in Gorka where I had left off the other day, and decided to head north to check a few of the deer stands I knew to be around. Got to the first two without a problem, but after reaching the third one I encountered an odd bug where a zombie teleported inside the deerstand (that is, underneath it) and attacked me once before teleporting away and forgetting about me. The attack left me with a broken leg, but thats okay since the stand had morphine in it... As I climb down the ladder, the previously aggroed zombie comes at me again from behind and knocks me unconcious with one hit. I recover, and quickly dispatch it, and bandage myself up... at 350 blood. I proceed to spend the next two hours roaming the countryside, unable to see, and searching for any animals to kill so as to heal up. Just as I'm about to give up and respawn, I notice a marker in my peripheral vision: a goat. It allows me to save myself, and within ten minutes I find two more cows to bring myself up to full blood with a bit of food to spare. Things are looking up until... server crash.

I log back in only to realize that nothing I had just done had actually happened. It was as if I was logging in fresh again for the day. Confused as to how to feel about this, I proceed to once again check the deer stands. I again make it to the first two with little problem (still nothing good to loot), and this time on the way to the third I notice something off in one of the fields... a heli crash! I sprint over to it (normally I'd be cautious but seeing as the server had just come up I figured nobody would have gotten there to camp it yet) only to find it only has a heatpack and a few cans for loot... Disappointed, I begin to head towards the third deer stand when I spot a second heli crash across the road. I take my time going over to this one only to find that the loot is exactly the same, in exactly the same spot. At this point, I don't even know what to think and just decide to again head for the third deer stand. Right before getting there a zombie spawns on me, knocks me out in one hit, aggroes every other zombie in the area, and I die... Not sure why exactly my luck is so bad today, but I can guarantee you I'll be back on the servers again tomorrow to see how long I can survive ^^

Anyways, anyone else have any stories like this where it more or less seems like the server itself is trolling you?

Why didn't you just take care of the zombie that was stuck under the deerstand the in the first place? Would have saved you that pain of the first story.

Why didn't you just take care of the zombie that was stuck under the deerstand the in the first place? Would have saved you that pain of the first story.

It didn't teleport there until I was already on the ladder, and it only was there long enough to attack me once (i.e if I had tried to go back down to do that, it was already gone)

A friend I play with has the worst luck in video games I've ever seen. You are not alone in this, bad days happen.. It's best to just take a break after you die and get angry about it.. then come back with a cool head.

My friend and I were looting Cherno early this morning on fresh characters after getting sniped in the NWAF by campers for about an hour. Made our run through the cafe's/corner buildings only to realize there was some asshole sitting on the school roof sniping people with a lee enf. So I get a lucky winchester round off and pop him in the face only to lawl as his body flies off the building. My friend proceeds to make sure the coast is clear and there are no other players present. So we scope the area out and listen for any more gunshots. He then prones over to the guys dead body, manages to loot some mags/food, gets in the crouch walk position only to get popped in the head by a sniper. He then respawned and got axed in the face on 3 separate spawnings.

Long story short,

He knows that feel bra

Yeah bad DayZ happen to me often enough. Breaking legs without any morphine around for miles is all too common for me.

Then there are days I find an AKM, MP5, M249 SAW and FN FAL w/NV scope within an hour.

:D

p.s. when I first started I was trying to crawl up this step for like five minutes to get into an open house when someone ran up behind me and put an axe in my neck. Scared the shit out of me.

Edited by robo

At least you get to play the damn thing. Try being stuck on the loading screen every time you try to play...

I have a friend who gets mortally wounded, broken legs, or knocked unconscious on almost every first hit from an infected. Sometimes it's nice having him around for that reason, sometimes not.

I have a friend who gets mortally wounded, broken legs, or knocked unconscious on almost every first hit from an infected. Sometimes it's nice having him around for that reason, sometimes not.

Having friends like this around enhance my game experience because they make me laugh uncontrollably.

Having friends like this around enhance my game experience because they make me laugh uncontrollably.

Ya especially when they unannounced practice throwing grenades indoors, while you are indoors...

I'm that guy.

I'm that guy.

I feel ya. My friend is fortunately also gifted with the ability to find good loot, he found three DMR's in one 2-hour session yesterday. Hope you have another gift too!

A friend I play with has the worst luck in video games I've ever seen. You are not alone in this, bad days happen.. It's best to just take a break after you die and get angry about it.. then come back with a cool head.

Oh, I'm not mad about it. It was just kind of a "seriously?!?" kind of thing. But like I said, ah well....

I forgot, I have another story of poor luck one of the first nights I was playing with my friend (this one is less about poor luck in the end, but just poor judgement/noobism). So, we start out near Cherno and decide to grab some medical supplies at this "awesome place near Balota". Just as we start to head out, the server crashes and when it comes back up it is in nighttime. We continue anyways, and make it to the airfield. While crossing it, he grabs zed aggro and both of us proceed to run around in a panic since neither of us has any weapons. I finally get him to climb one of the deer stands, while I go into the nearby warehouses to try to find a weapon. Fortunately, I find a hatchet and kill the zombies but the whole ordeal leaves us both at about 7000 blood. We continue on to the camp, only to find someone already inside (from the clan that owns the server, so automatically friendly). Its only then that we realize the ENTIRE thing is surrounded by zombies... Having the only weapon, I end up being the meatshield and hack our way out of the camp, leaving me at ~4000 blood. So now I can't see, but I have the weapon. We head to Cherno since my friend has this "amazing safe spot" and we know there is a hospital there. We have no trouble (other than me staring at his backpack the entire way since I can't see much else) getting in to Cherno, but it turns out his "safe spot" is the smaller hospital (I didn't know this at the time). We climb up the ladder to the roof, and try to plan what to do from here. He decides to go off on his own to the other hospital as I can't see, and proceeds to fall off roof and die while trying to get on the ladder. Fortunately he respawns nearby, so I only have to wait a short time. Thing is, when he comes back he has about 5 zombies on his heels, but he makes it up the ladder just fine. Unsure of how to get down from the building now with them at the bottom of the ladder, he decides to throw a flare over the other side of the building. Unfortunately, he takes one step too many after throwing it and falls off the building again (this time only breaking he leg and bringing him near death). I run over to the ladder to head down to try to save him only to get sniped by someone who almost certainly saw the flare. At this point I call it a night, but he somehow manages to crawl to the other hospital and get all the supplies he needs.

In the end, much fun and many laughs were had. Again though, this story was from literally my first night playing which is why I didn't do most of the things I should have done (such as just breaking the glass to enter the hospital we were sitting on top of).

Yeah. This game gets pretty fucking infuriating. I start gushing blood about 95% of the time a zombie pimp slaps me.

I put on a ghillie suit my friend had been saving. His character was a female so he couldn't use it. I didn't think about the trouble ghillies have been causing people recently until after I had already clicked on it. I immediately teleport to the ocean and then back to where I was. Lost everything I was carrying except my tools and my pack+plus stuff in pack. Bye bye AIM14. You will be missed.